1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Jangobadass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Since apparently OLM isn't going to even try to adapt Sword & Shield , Studio Colorido is making an Origins/Generations-style series of shorts about the Galar reigon called "Pokemon: Twilight Wings".

There will be seven 5-minute shorts released monthly, starting January 15th

Staff list:
    • Director: Shingo Yamashita
    • Screenplay: 木下爽 Sou Kinoshita
    • Screenplay supervisor: Taku Kishimoto
    • Character design: Shin Ogasawara
    • Color keys: Izumi Hirose
    • Art director: Yūsuke Takeda / Takamasa Masuki
    • 3D CG: Masato Takahashi
    • Director of photography: Katsuhito Ogawa
    • Sound director: Masafumi Mima
    • Animation production: Studio Colorido
    At the very least this will let some Galar characters be animated since we're not sure they'll be in the Show at all...

Spider-Phoenix and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Dark Magician Girl

Meh Origins and Generations weren't that good imo, so I'm not expecting this to be any different. I'm looking forward to seeing Galar characters animated though.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  3. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

And I still wait some side project in main anime timeline, something serious and epic, if we din't get any time soon in main anime.

NeedsAName likes this.
  4. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

Guess thats the nail in coffin of a galar adapted storyline. At the very least I hope we still see some characters adapted in the main anime. This news just sucks to me.

NeedsAName likes this.
  5. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

You should probably post the actual series summary so people don't get the wrong idea and assume this is going to be a game adaptation when the description implies otherwise.

The promotional image doesn't even have game characters on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Actually, the summary didn't give me an impression one way or the other of how much an adaptation it would be. I was figured was close enough considering how light and loose SS is anyway.

Even so, it's still a lot more Galar focus than the Show is going to have for a (good) while...

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Well, the studio seems to be fairly fresh and doesn't have anything noteworthy under their belt.

But still, this should be sweet.

8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Well I liked Origins and Generations for what they were so I'm looking forward to this. At least this might satisfy people's cravings for a solo Galar animation

9. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

It’s Galar so I’m somewhat optimistic. Wish it was the actual anime but oh well

Kawaii Emolga and anjunajake like this.
  10. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

Sweet. Judging by the pic alone, I'm loving the scope here even though it looks like it'll be more of an original take with original characters and storytelling as opposed to a direct adaptation of the games. I wish they did more stuff like this quite often. New animation is always welcomed.

NeedsAName, mehmeh1 and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I'm intrigued, although still somewhat cautious about this whole thing since I didn't enjoy Origins or Generations much in hindsight. I like mini-series that explore things that the main anime doesn't, but it has to be done in a way that's innovative and well-written.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  12. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Here's hoping it's closer to Generations than Origins. I enjoyed Generations' storytelling much more.

JustAStatistic and mehmeh1 like this.
  13. AuraChannelerChris

"Master Cyrus!"

And who can't forget Cheryl's eating.

14. shoz999

Is it poor acting or something for the Cyrus one? I don't really get it because that fits Saturn's character since he's always been the most loyal in the games and Adventures manga and it's the same for Generations.

15. AuraChannelerChris

The joke is half the episode was Saturn yelling "Master Cyrus!" and almost nothing else.

shoz999 likes this.
  16. shoz999

lol. Okay, now that is funny.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  17. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: A Hangry Return

Can't wait to see people calling it more mature just because it doesn't have Ash(that's fine if there are other reasons)

Sounds good though, I liked Origins and Generations

18. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

1 episode of 5 minutes every month is a total meh imo, will watch just because.

19. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

There are never other reasons. Movie 3 is basically the darkest Pokemon ever got and still had Ash as part of the main cast. And yes, I'm calling Movie 3's disappearances darker than any deaths.

mehmeh1 and Redstar45 like this.
  20. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime/special's canon Cop.

Since when Pokemon is a *Mature* ?