1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Jangobadass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

I don't blame them.

AuraChannelerChris likes this.
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Apparently, some guy is saying this short is meant to distract people from Dexit.

The hell?

3. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Caulifla v.s. _______

That makes no sense lol

4. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

I wonder what reasoning could be behind that. I mean sure, anything not about Dexit could be said to "distract" from it, but correlation doesn't equal causation.

5. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

Typical dexiteer logic

6. This was amazing, still a bit too short in my opinion. I hope we will see more battle next month.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  7. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the short as it's not often that Pokémon touches the concept of human health. So Rose visiting a children's hospital was a nice way to add something to his character. Even the way he had the taxi return to the roof once he saw the kid outside.

Speaking of the taxi, Corviknight is one of the best designs this generation gave us. It is also bigger than I thought. I don't think the Corviknight that appeared in the anime did any justice to the line. Hopefully Ash can get one after skipping out on Toucannon.

I wonder if the kid is a one off like Pokémon Generations or if like the Mega-Evolution specials, they'll slowly incorporate it into the show.

I mean an Ash look-a-like was shown. What would be cool is if there's an episode where Ash loses track of Go and is looking for him and Rose and Oleana walk behind him without him noticing making that episode and this take place at the same time.

04n70n10, catzeye and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  8. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

Do we know what's the frequency of this series and when the next episode airs?

9. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

Once a month for 7 months, presumably around the same day.

10. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  11. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I mean the initial plot summary pretty much confirmed that and even mentioned that the stories are all connected via the taxi. I'd love to see a story revolving around Marnie and Piers as the leads

12. AuraChannelerChris

So Corviknight is the main character.

Will Rose sue a brat, however.

13. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

So it seems John was pretty much a glorified CotD.

I wonder if any of the main anime fillers focusing mainly on CotD/PotD was reduced to 6 minutes YouTube short (with mandatory game characters cameos), would they get similar praise from the fans.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  14. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

Probably not considering a huge reason why this short is highly regarded is due to its amazing style/art/coloring. The main anime looks generic in comparison.

Also people are willing to accept any anime that doesn't have Ash in it.

15. AuraChannelerChris

Or when he wins a league.

But don't really care about watching what came before after years of being let down.

It's like Charlie Brown finally winning a baseball game.

16. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

17. Weavy

Weavy They call me the one who loves cats.

So I got round to watching this and I thought it was quite touching. Seeing something like a Pokemon short touch on this kind of thing was quite unexpected and I actually think they did it really well. I was actually rooting for the main character and hoping he'd get his wish soon.

One thing I want to bring up is how Chairman Rose is pretty likable here. It really made me want to see this Rose in the games because it would have been so much easier to relate to his "doing the wrong thing for the right reasons" kind of person.

I'm actually quite interested to see what they do next. This is the closest we're gonna get to a Galar region anime for now and I liked how this turned out.

catzeye and SerGoldenhandtheJust like this.
  18. AuraChannelerChris

Preferably not one where he's all, "I'm sponsored by the chairman and you're trash."

Or preferably if he accidentally says he's his dad.

19. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

Omg I would love that

Zoruagible likes this.
  20. Ignition

Ignition I change these way too often

Next episode comes out on February 18. Mentions the proper debut of some characters like Hop, Leon, Sonia, Milo, Nessa, Bea, & Allister in the upcoming episodes

Can’t wait for these episodes

catzeye, wolf jani and Jangobadass like this.