1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Jangobadass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Diantha is perfect

Xuxuba and KenzeyEevee like this.
  2. wertyuiop[

wertyuiop[ New Member

I like the main anime and I like this one too. I especially love how much personality is given to the Pokemon in Twilight Wings . That was my main issue with Origins and to a lesser extent Generations. I hope they continue to focus on the humans AND the Pokemon.

3. DragonKahuna

DragonKahuna Well-Known Member

Loved the 2nd episode. Bea is so amazing. Every second here was so good.
    And also, at the ending scene, wasn't Bea at the Isle of Armor?

catzeye, mehmeh1 and BabaVanga like this.
  4. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I was wondering why didn't Machop, Machoke or Machamp used like some fighting moves on those rocks when they were in the cave, they could've easily "dug" their way out.

Zoruagible and FlygontheRavager like this.
  5. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

The newest episode's making me feel guilty for choosing Shield over Sword.

Red and Blue and KenzeyEevee like this.
  6. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

I just saw the 2nd episode. These being dubs bothers me hugely. why the f*uck can't we get them subbed. These are almost unwatchable to me because they are dubbed.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  7. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Oh Bea, just when I thought I couldn't like you any more than I already do! :D

Though beware the "art" of her sweating/in her one-piece will inspire (to be fair, it was already happening anyway...)

Could've done without the Kanto pandering though. Still, Machop's line is good to use if you're gonna do that.

Though I'm concerned each episode will focus on a Gym Leader--and hopefully one for Hope--when we don't have much time to spread the love around for as many Gen 8 characters. I was hoping for a Marnie episode (featuring Team Yell and maybe Piers), but that's looking less likely now...<_<

8. Dragalge

Dragalge Chief Fehnix

But they do have it in Japanese? The first episode did.

Also this episode was weird. The Wild Area doesn’t have caves! Pretty much like the rest of Galar aside from two forgettable mines.

9. wolf jani

wolf jani The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts

They do have it in japanese. But no subs.

Leonhart and janejane6178 like this.
  10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Another great episode. Her bond with the Machop line was really heartwarming.

Also someone on youtube pointed out that the Taxi driver will probably be the one recurring character in the entire limited series

11. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I'll take the main, regular anime over this every day of the week but these are still nice Pokemon clips/shorts, Bea is cool, next time is focused on Hop I guess.

12. BabaVanga

BabaVanga Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this episode much more than the first one. It might be because it focused in a character I actually care about and not just some random boy.

Can't wait for the next one already.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  13. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair ベストチャンピオン。

They seem to focus on Bea, Allister, Nessa, Raihan, Hop and Leon for the remaining episodes, counting in today's. I found it interesting that all these characters were the Gym Leaders you face in the Champion Cup bracket.

Bea was the SF round challenger in Sword; I liked the fact she was shown so determined to train to be stronger, aim victory and can't accept her loss to Leon.
    I assume the episode featuring Nessa (R1) will portray her struggle between battling and securing her position as Gym Leader and modeling, which was listed in her Rare League Card unless I'm mistaken.

I do enjoy Twilight Wings a lot and wish it was a year-long series starting from Milo to Leon; we have bunch of Gym Leaders and relations (Hop/Leon, Marnie/Piers, Bede/Opal) to categorize and create interesting episodes after all.

14. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

They’re not subbed, but you know the original Japanese versions are available on YouTube too, right?

wolf jani likes this.
  15. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Okay, they did really well in animating Bea. So much that this episode was a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit too sexy to watch, and I don't even find Bea sexy.

Ahem.

Just like the previous episode, I enjoyed this one a whole lot. Her Machop family is wholesome (still find it disturbing her Machamp is a chick with pectorals, though). Machop is a sweet little kid, Machamp is obviously the hard worker, and...

That Machoke is so the weakest link of the bunch. Poor guy is being overworked.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, that punch she got from Machamp was brutal to watch.

I did notice they didn't look that close to the Sugimori art style, and yet, they looked really good anyway.

Damn you, Leon. You give PTSD on the gym leaders below you. Just look at Raihan, who can't stop obsessing over you. Now poor Bea sees you in everything.

Moral of the Story: Don't drop your phone in the taxi.

Speaking of which, it seems the series' title is referring to the taxi driver and his Corviknight, which surely fits with the title. Even more so when the episodes seemingly end during sunset, AKA the twilight hour.
    I bet you're going to change your mind once Allister's episode debuts.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    wolf jani and mehmeh1 like this.
  16. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: Orientating surprises!

Just wait for the possible Allister episode
    He might become Mimikyu 2

17. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

The moral of this episode is: upgrade your phone.

All of this could have been avoided if you had a Rotom Phone, Bea.

Because any cave explorer worth their salt would know doing such a thing could potentially cause a cave-in.

And it did.

Spider-Phoenix, i2i, Kazuniya and 2 others like this.
  18. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

[​IMG]

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  19. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

I think he's referring to Konosuba, not KH

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  20. Jibanyan

Jibanyan Well-Known Member

It's okay but I wanted to see more of the disabled boy and his friend, that is what made me interested in this series.