1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Jangobadass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Since
    Bonnie killed Lysandre.

Or really just blew him away in a really bad animation scene of him spinning in a cheap green background with no twink in the sky.

2. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Pokemon writers room: Hmm, how can we end this arc?
    Writer #1: I've got it! We'll have the 6-year-old kill a man!
    Writer #2: And let's have it happen on-screen!
    Other Writers: Brilliant!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  3. Redstar45

Redstar45 The anime/special's canon Cop.

A 6 year old Kid kill grown crazy man ! News at 7 p.m. .

4. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Twilight Wings...such an odd title. Hope the series is good.

5. AuraChannelerChris

Dusk Lycanroc has been turned away by Galar customs.

6. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

I think it's a pretty good title, a summary of the world around you under the wings of the twilight sky.

Kawaii Emolga and mehmeh1 like this.
  7. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

The promotional image makes me yawn, I don't really care for that art style, but maybe if we get a short trailer showing something different or interesting maybe I'll be okay with it. But otherwise I don't care.

I HIGHLY doubt this will just have anime only characters in the Galar region. Would be incredibly pointless if that was the case. Galar can't just be the Galar region with JUST the Pokemon and town and cities (or landmarks)

8. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix #ChespinGang

Will check it out though I'm not particulary thrilled to see it.

Hopefully it'll be avaliable in the japanese channel without those danm region locks.

It's all King Masuda's fault

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  9. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

It just hit me. I think I know why this animation exist. Since the Gen 8 anime adaptation is focusing on all regions, this series of animated shorts will act as a substitute for Galar only it doesn't have the marketing stuff holding it back like the anime. At least I hope it doesn't hold it back.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  10. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

I can kind of see some Gym Leaders appearing since Gym are such a big deal in Galar.
    (I'll bet even money at least Nessa shows up)

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  11. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

I honestly like the idea of Pokémon entering the realm of web animation, it gives them more freedom to do things they wouldn't really touch or even do in the main series. The current series is supposed to enter Galar eventually, but this is better than nothing. It's a little disappointing it's still another short series, but it's going to focus solely on Galar, and show off what the region can really do (although it's... rather telling this region feels neglected...). I'm gonna wait until it's all done, however, given the short length, as well as to give me some time to push through more of Sword.

But I won't lie, it made me think of Harvest Moon the moment I first laid eyes on the poster. Think it's a weird title for a Pokémon spin-off, though.

Penguin Highway was their latest big production, which was alright, but it was pretty to look at.

Leonhart and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  12. AuraChannelerChris

Well, what I meant was, something noteworthy in the West.

Hopefully this gets dubbed.

13. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I hope that the promotional image is just a quick little hype tool to get fans excited for this mini-series instead of it being an actual example of the animation style that'll be used in Twilight Wings, because to me it just doesn't look that interesting, although I suppose it'd be better than CGI.

15. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: ???

16. AuraChannelerChris

Don't jinx us.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  17. Tbh I don't know how to feel about this. Why would they make a mini-series about Galar if there is an anime to do so? Granted game characters aren't always featured, but that is barely an excuse.

18. AuraChannelerChris

Because that didn't stop Origins and Generations from being made.

19. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Because at this point it seems like the TV Show is less interested in being about SwSh and more interested in being about GO...

20. Tabasco Boshi

Tabasco Boshi ★★★★★

Don't worry, "only" the main anime and movies are screwed.