1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Jangobadass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Ahh, that's a reli-

Wait a minute...

Jangobadass likes this.
  2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

My only prediction about this is that no Galar Pokemon will solely appear here.

3. matthew11

matthew11 8000 MMR

wolf jani and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  4. I honestly dont know why they make a series about a region that is already featured in the anime (pokémon 2019). Unlike Generation that is featured in all the regions, this series doesnt.

5. RileyXY1

This series will basically be the Generations episode equivalent for the Galar region.

TheWanderingMist and KenzeyEevee like this.
  6. SerGoldenhandtheJust

SerGoldenhandtheJust Well-Known Member

*Alola cries in a corner*

7. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Alola still got a whole region to itself. Galar has to share.

8. SerGoldenhandtheJust

In the main anime. I'm not talking about the main anime. We had Pokemon generations shorts for Kanto johto hoenn sinnoh unova kalos. Twilight is generation esque shorts for galar. Alola got nothing from that front.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  9. RileyXY1

Alola got a ton of its content in the main anime already.

10. SerGoldenhandtheJust

So did Kanto - kalos

11. RileyXY1

Not as much. Alola had the most amount of its game characters adapted, with only the Ultra Recon Squad (who technically aren't from Alola) left out of the anime. So much of what Alola had to offer was done in the main anime, so doing Generations episodes based on them was redundant.

12. SerGoldenhandtheJust

What? A lot of the series adapted many characters from the game. This makes no sense. All the sinnoh characters that appeared had already been adapted in the main anime. Generations is about showcasing game moments in animated form. I would love for a 3 part short for alola where one is about nanu Anabel looker and guzzlord, one about confronting motherbeast crazy lusamine with Lillie and one with defeating ultra necrozma at megalo tower.

13. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

They couldn’t adapt Alola into Generations because Gen VII wasn’t even out yet.

14. RileyXY1

And then, they threw a bunch of stuff they could have made Generations episodes about into the main anime instead.

15. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

No, not really, no. All because Ash and Pikachu were in every episode.

16. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind some AU Alola shorts.

We'd could get a better take on Team Skull & Aether Foundation, Hau and Guzma being treated better, Looker and Anabel going after Ultra Beasts, and, above all else, our poor Lillie getting a better English voice.

SerGoldenhandtheJust and mehmeh1 like this.
  17. PreschoolerFromNowhere

PreschoolerFromNowhere Well-Known Member

Guess i'll be the one who start this...

as for this mini series thing we got here, no trailer but they just released voice actor cast list so let take a look at it just for fun
    first we got Yuuki Aoi-chan, as you know, she used to won Female Seiyuu Award at some point and have many main role of many anime, Iris in Pokemon BW too, even no one like Iris, at least she should know what she doing here
    next we got Shindou Kei basiclly Gou, nothing much here but at least she know what she doing too
    next one is big, Sakurai Takahiro who normally went a lot with handsome character roles, i'm sure he's not protagonist in this series, look like two girls will take that role but for him? who know? maybe Leon or Raihan if he really wanna go with handsome character again, but don't matter, he can just make his fangirl scream like crazy by just say something stupid like this one >>> at least he should be fine
    next one is Kazuhiro Yamaji as much as his roles are full of middle age man, i guess Rose should fit him well, even he never work for Pokemon
    before,next Nagao Ayumi who the hell is this old lady? at least when i looked in her twitter, she said something like she never expect to able to do Pokemon role, at least she seem happy, hope she can do what she need to do, huh wait? or is that was like basic thing people used when they ever got hand or something? never mind...
    next Kitamura Eri another good profile indeed, funny thing, she used to work for two gym leader in Pokemon already, wonder if she will become another gym leader again, but who fit her? Bea? but not Melony for sure, she's not Ara Ara type after all,
    next Amamiya Sora ... whoever who work for in Pokemon, hope she's not get eaten like she used to when she's Aqua then, not to mention in Galat, we got giant Pokemon but since there's no Frog Pokemon in Galar so she should be fine...
    next Sanpei, Yuuko really? is she gonna use Cinderace here? she used to be Oozora Tsubasa anyway? wait! maybe she will be another Ninja! she's Boruto after all(and Ninja dude in XY too)hmmm but no Ninja theme Pokemon in Galar so maybe go with football theme this time?
    next Hirohashi Ryou huh? another good profile, a lot of main role with many type of characters, wonder what she will go this time, huh, maybe Melony because she used to become one as THICC like Sazaki Kaoruko? bad joke
    next Lynn another good one but what joke should i comment here... i ran out voice actor joke, guess i'll skip...
    same go for the last one from the list Ogino, Seirou since all of his anime role used to be only supporting character, guess he'll continue his support this time, no major role for sure

at least if they brave enough to release few footage, someone should able to see what this series will go but since no any of that, i going for "meh" choice for this series, not to mention waiting for one episode per month is too long and it only 5 minutes, if 30 minutes per episode that fine but they don't want to overshadow main anime for sure, just let the series come out slowly is fine

Jolepo and Jangobadass like this.
  18. catzeye

catzeye Writer's Block

I'm very torn on this

On the one hand, I'm dying to have some focus on Galar because the characters and culture of the region were a personal highlight for me (the villain plot however...not so much). So seeing Galar in any form is awesome to me at the moment.

However, I feel very cheated with it only being shorts. I liked the generations shorts because they covered events that weren't covered in the main anime of that region. But since Galar isn't getting full focus in the new anime I feel cheated with a few 5 minute shorts once a month. What exactly are they going to cover in those shorts? Like the promo almost gives me the vibe that it's going to be original characters and not established ones. Which would be fine if we knew for certain that the Galarian NPCs were going to show up the anime eventually, but since that's kind of up in the air...

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  19. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Following the dreams!!

Since it is like Generations, i hope we do get to see some wild areas of all the games which were not adapted in the anime for any reason!!

20. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

I feel this will do Galar region justice unlike PM.

KenzeyEevee likes this.