• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The last episode will release August 6

Farewell, Twilight Wings. You gave us more Gen 8 content than the TV Show has even tried to in the time you've been going. Tis a shame you only had a small number of entries with a short runtime each...
Forgot it was a such a small number of episodes. Usually I prefer the main anime but the lack of consistent focus on Galar has me more interested in TW

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I like both for what they are. TW brought some interesting things to the table.

Kind hope they let this team take a shot on next year's movie.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The decision for the Satoshi series to not focus much on Galar Pokemon was likely made in tandem with the decision to create Twilight Wings.
How dare TW showcase ONE Pokemon not native to Galar. TPCI is lucky to have apologized for their transgression for what TW did.

*anime meanwhile pictures a bunch of immigrant Pokemon leaking into Galar and other unavailable Pokemon, doesn't get called out on it*

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Eh the episode length was way too short, one of the problems I had with Generations as well. I would have preferred if it was a one cour series made up with like 13 20+ minute episodes.

Other than that this series was pretty decent. Definitely way better than Generations and Origins imo

Red and Blue

For me I'd rank TWs below Origins and above Generations. Generations had some good moments but all eighteen episodes were just too short for my liking

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
How dare TW showcase ONE Pokemon not native to Galar. TPCI is lucky to have apologized for their transgression for what TW did.

*anime meanwhile pictures a bunch of immigrant Pokemon leaking into Galar and other unavailable Pokemon, doesn't get called out on it*

Hey, there is a reason we never saw kid with Turtwig again.

The cleaning crew is still collecting their remains after King Masuda got them :(

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Bye, Twilight Wings. Generations is still the best miniseries they've done but you outshine Origins by a massive amount on your own.

catzeye

Writer's Block
I like both for what they are. TW brought some interesting things to the table.

Kind hope they let this team take a shot on next year's movie.

This or at least maybe produce a second series like that for Galar. I feel like Sonia, Kabu, the Gordie/Melony conflict, Piers, and honestly everyone else should get at least one episode by the same team

catzeye

Writer's Block
Opal: "I can't tell if he wants to win or to lose"
John: "He isn't really smiling is he..."
I can't believe they referenced Opal's notes about Leon being "hard to read" and implying he isn't that happy as being a champion. I really wish they could have focused on that more in the games instead of his Charizard (because that's an interesting plot line)...but oh well

This episode was so wholesome, I'm glad we got to see all of the characters, the Raihan and Leon battle was far more expressive than in the main anime and I'm glad John got his wish and then some. Also the cameo of Victor and Gloria confirms this was pre-SwSh. I loved this episode and series. They need to make more

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Oh hey wait, I got to see Dragapult as a free bonus, least that gives me somewhat an idea on how Dragapult and Dragon Darts could look and be like in the main series. Although if there’s a possibility it may end up on the main cast, the whole Dreepy mechanic could be difficult to show in the main series.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Can I just say that they blew the budget with how great this animation was?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So through much of this series the animators have focused on more subtle character acting and stuff like that. Outside of scenes like Saito's training in episode 2 or Rurina riding Milokaross there haven't been many moments of all-out SPECTACLE throughout...

But damn did they just pull all the stops with that fight scene? That was, like, possibly even more intense than Sun & Moon 144. And definitely miles above anything PM19 has delivered.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
An amazing finish. Great to see Bede, Opal, Raihan, Victor and Gloria make their animated debuts. All of Galar's characters pre DLC appeared. Really wish they did two more episodes focused on isle of armor and Crown Tundra tbh but just like my wish for 3 new generation episodes for alola, ill doubt it will come true.
I love how they addressed Leon's fake smile and the stress of being a champion. The battle was amazing, nice to see more than Charizard and the animation was stunning. Probably my fav episode of the entire series. Great work!