1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Jangobadass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. When will it air?

2. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Not air. They'll release episodes online starting the 15th

KenzeyEevee and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  3. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

Quick reminder that this short series starts tomorrow.

I'm only telling ye all because TPCI sure as hell won't.

In fact there's been barely any promotion for it asides from the one announcement tweet and no trailers for it at all unlike with Origins and Generations.

4. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Can't wait to see Eiscue suddenly becoming popular.

5. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

Suddenly?

mehmeh1 likes this.
  6. Kawaii Emolga

Kawaii Emolga The cutest EVER!!!!

Oh! I've forget of this XD
    I hope is good, at least we will see some Galar environments animated (*-*)

wolf jani, Leonhart and RetroPokeFan like this.
  7. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I feel like there just isn't much hype for this series because the main anime is the hot commodity by comparison. I've seen people in the past say that there should be a spin-off series that caters to older fans or at least a series that is different from the main anime, but if anything the lack of hype surrounding this Twilight Wings mini-series seems to prove that there isn't much of a demand for such a thing.

RetroPokeFan likes this.
  8. Jangobadass

Jangobadass Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    I keep coming across people who say they want a Pokemon anime different from the show...and yet they don't seem to ever actually encourage TPCI enough to do much...

The sad part is that they got some great talent for this that could make it pretty good even if it short and oddly spaced out...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
    Kawaii Emolga and Leonhart like this.
  9. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

We do.

A lot.

It's just that TPCI doesn't really care much on this and OLM is cheap (judging their storytelling and animation). By now the anime has become a blood vessel in Japan that it cannot be surgically removed.

Kazuniya likes this.
  10. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

This might be a stupid question but...

How exactly are Pokemon fans supposed to "encourage" TPCI to make a new anime?

By emails? Petitions? Because if you do a quick Google search, you'll find that people have done all that, a lot. Unless there's some other revolutionary method by which they would be forced to acknowledge our voices, there's nothing we can say or do that would push them to make a new show. So really, that one is not on the fans. Not at all.

11. DragonKahuna

DragonKahuna Well-Known Member

The 1st episodd seemed really cool. It was nice to see different characters and locations from Galar animated.
    1- Corviknight is gigantic.
    2- Nessa looks so freaking awesome animated.

12. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

This was great and only furthers my wish that we got a Galar only saga. 6 minutes of this was more interesting than the entirety of the current main anime (which is nearing a dozen episodes).

13. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

In the span of one episode, this is already proving to be better than Generations because the art team actually bothered to make the humans look like they do in the games instead of doing its own (worse) artstyle.

14. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

I agree but I still think the animation could be a lot better. Especially with that battle with Leon & Bea.

15. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Official Link for Episode 1

16. It was good. I fear we wont see the Galar leaders in the anime. This was a good start 8/10.

Wait what if that boy is the Young Bede?

17. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

A very strong start. I was a bit iffy at first given the battle between Machamp and Charizard didn't actually look all that good (Charizard was way too floaty, didn't flap its wings and its wings were too small, plus the battle ended with what looked like a simple tackle). But Rose and Oleana looked and sounded great, and Rose in particular shows off just why he is so beloved by the people of Galar. Corviknight was awesome as well, I love how they gave it personality in such little time with its moodiness and the scene of it rushing over to catch the fainting kid was really sweet.

And wow, I love the implication that Bea trains by fighting pokemon with her own two hands/feet. ^_^

18. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

It's a good start, but am I the only one who felt the animation felt a bit on the stiff end? Something is bothering me about it. The elements like hair are animated fine. Something else just feels wrong.

Rock Captain 99 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  19. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

This isn't an action series. It was never advertised as such.

20. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Yeah, some of the animation felt a bit slow/constrained, and in particular they didn't seem comfortable showing the pokemon moving very much. Perhaps the animators are not used to animating non-human bodies?

KenzeyEevee likes this.