• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I came into Twilight Wings with low expectations due to the art style, but this series is really off to a great start. The animation is really fluent and it does a great job at fleshing out the characters. I actually really ended up liking Chairman Rose a bit seeing how much of a caring person he is. He truly cares about the people of Galar to go all the way back to talk to that sick kid, & now I'm starting to understand his insistence on unleashing Eternatus (I mean, his reasoning's still stupid, but I can better understand his mindset now). Plus, up until Hop showed up I was starting to wonder if that kid was a young Bede.

In the span of one episode, this is already proving to be better than Generations because the art team actually bothered to make the humans look like they do in the games instead of doing its own (worse) artstyle.
True. I wasn't a big fan of Generations' art style since they made the characters so realistic that they felt out of place for pokemon (especially since they made Cheryl & Cynthia look too sexy)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Dubbed version here

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Dubbed version here

I'm a little bummed that this kid isn't a young version of Bede since you can hear his friend call him John at the end. Also, is it me or does his friend sound like he's voiced by Greg Ayers?

Last edited:

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Episode #1 focused on character acting animation, layouts and lighting. You can definitely feel Series Director Yamashita Shingo's influence in the general look of the series. It's so striking and vibrant. One of my favorite things about Yamashita is how he really loves to highlight natural lighting. For example, we can see when light pours into a bedroom without the lights turned on and the manner in which it casts shadows. Kvin has a really good breakdown on his Twitter account.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
One of the most disappointing things about the English dub is the lack of British accents.

But seriously, I have to give props to the animation. While the character movements are a bit iffy for some reason. Maybe I'm being pedantic. The environment feels really alive when it comes to using light.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I really liked this, I wasn't with high expectations, but it turned out to be very good!!!
I know that Corvinight are huge, but seeing it animated, I was really impressed!
Btw, when is the second episode coming?

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
If you guys want to see other examples of Series Director Yamashita's influence as a digital photographer, he did the digital photography for Boruto Opening #4. He also storyboarded, directed and did some key animation for Naruto Shippuuden Opening #13. You can also see a really good reel of his highlights as an animator here. There's a ton of potential for this series to look great.

Konja7

This might be a stupid question but...

How exactly are Pokemon fans supposed to "encourage" TPCI to make a new anime?

By emails? Petitions? Because if you do a quick Google search, you'll find that people have done all that, a lot. Unless there's some other revolutionary method by which they would be forced to acknowledge our voices, there's nothing we can say or do that would push them to make a new show. So really, that one is not on the fans. Not at all.

The best way is that a "spin-off" is a success, especially between (young) fans in Japan.

I mean, Origins wasn't really so popular in Japan

Some fans may complain, but they will not listen if these complaints does not affect the income of the franchise.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Already like it. Gorgeous animation and more Galar characters in 6 minutes than 11 episodes of the Show. Even if Johnny and Tommy look like Digidestine.

2- Nessa looks so freaking awesome animated.

Better enjoy it, because it'll take a while for her to appear in the Show. She may not even appear at all the way things are going... <.<
(Arceus knows Klara doesn't stand a snow ball's chance)

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Thought the little kid was Bede until I watch the dubbed version. Needless to say, I quite liked what I've seen. Wish it'd be a bit longer as it airs monthly and ends in July for a total of seven episodes.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
THIS WAS SO CUTE
I admit i didnt have many expectations due to the lack of trailers and such but this was so wholesome
Yeah even I thought John was Bede for a second there lmao, but na he's his own character. Plus Bede was at an orphanage
Wooloo is so cute and Hop trying to give Wooloo a friendship bracelet was so so so adorable.
Joe pointed out how Ash has a subtle cameo so that was nice
I love how they did chairman Rose
Corviknight was so wholesome
I'm actually sad this is monthly instead of weekly coz im really invested in these. If they had to be monthly couldn't we get 20 minutes :/
Regardless the lack of British accents doesn't bother me and I can't wait for more

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It always warms my heart to see gorgeous animation and really fitting voice actors for animated Pokemon shorts. Now I can't stop thinking Rose is voiced by Keith Silverstein.

The Corviknight doesn't like strangers, but it sure likes kids.

Sense the dubious nature in Rose?
Wait what if that boy is the Young Bede?
Impossible. Bede wasn't terminally ill. And besides, the kid's boy is John and looks nothing like him.
In the span of one episode, this is already proving to be better than Generations because the art team actually bothered to make the humans look like they do in the games instead of doing its own (worse) artstyle.
*looks at avatar*

*looks at signature*

Huh. You don't say.

Last edited: