1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Jangobadass, Dec 13, 2019.

1. shoz999

shoz999 Do you wanna try a good Tapu Cocoa? My treat.

I have a strong feeling the kids will be the focus. For me, there was really nothing in the episode that implied the series will focus on a bunch of POVs of other different characters. I have a hunch were going to somehow see the kids travel across Galar, perhaps by train, and visit all the locations the series hinted at the end.

2. Lol at that little Ash and Pikachu cameo

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Keywords: majority here. You're outside of it.

If you're saying places like Gamefaqs or so, hatred runs high there for anything dubbed. You only see real love on twitter by following the VAs involved. There's a reason why anime conventions get a lot of participants when English VAs attend. To this day, people adore Veronica Taylor and Tara Jayne Sands, who have moved on to bigger projects where they shine.

Seriously, sometimes I get the heavy urge of going to a board saying, "The English dub of Fire Emblem: Three Houses is horrible imma switching to Japanese!" and then show English dubbed Lillie to say, "Trust me, you really don't know what you're talking about."

Weavy, Bguy7 and TheWanderingMist like this.
  4. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

I mean, the plot description implies pretty heavily that it will focus on many people. And the ending is a pretty good indicator that it won't be the kids as main characters.

Mostly twitter and discord servers I'm in not liking the dub

Leonhart likes this.
  5. AuraChannelerChris

Seeing the hilarious comments on Youtube have people joking Rose is telling the kid, "DAMN BRAT, I'LL SUE!" Let's see how many get that reference.
    Toxic places.

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  6. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

7. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

8. AuraChannelerChris

Isn't that shot from the second episode of the anime, though. Go isn't a Galarian.
    As background people that vaguely look like them? Yes.

As anime characters? Nope.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  9. Pokemon Fan

Pokemon Fan Knuckle Trainer

Wouldn't that also be privilege though, that he just happened to be at the hospital Rose chose to visit that day and caught Rose' interest? Besides, John is special too, if the Corviknight trainer's reaction to how it acted is anything to go by.

10. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

Gamefaqs hates literally everything, that's not much of a good measurement

11. AuraChannelerChris

Oh yeah.

Finding actually reasonable people in there can be a treasure in itself.

12. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Not really since he happened to miss Rose and worked hard with his sickly body to catch up to him to give the letter. He had to work for that and there’s no reason to believe Rose wouldn’t have done the same for any other child. The special was meant to humanize Rose as a genuine caring man who was to help his region and its future. Just endorsing another trainer aids to that growth and ideology. Also Corviknight’s reaction could be taken as the bird itself being a literal noble creature than John being some super star or something overly spectacular.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  13. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Being Human

Yeah, though I wonder why, as far as I've seen, you're not as snarky there compared to here

14. AuraChannelerChris

Because nothing can bring my inner cynicism to full bloom than the Pokemon anime can for its "amazing" writing.

(Ugh.)

mehmeh1 likes this.
  15. Rune Knight

Rune Knight Well-Known Member

So human hospitals do exist in Pokemon!

Or they're just pokemon centers that also provide services to people.

16. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

We've seen human hospitals in the anime before. EP047 was all about Satoshi and friends working at one for a day.

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  17. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

18. Game2016

Game2016 Well-Known Member

Where did you see them? Can't find them...

19. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

It's more a cheeky reference than a cameo

20. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

The ultimate troll move would be to now portray that shot from the other side in the main anime.

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.