• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Animac

I don't think that counts to mention here (nor they use them anymore). This adaptation seems way more involved than the anime ever...tried to do.
The problem with the anime is that is always tried to tie everything with pokemon battles, so it left too little space to normal activities. There where some little scenes here and there(like a normal school/university during the kalos crisis) but they don't put too much atention to it... and it bothers me a lot. I want to see normal people living in that world, not everything has to be about trainers and glorified animal abuse.

Henry's Journey

That's just a screenshot from episode 2 of PM2019.

It's just a placeholder.

But it says it's a placeholder for ep. 2 of Twilight Wings on a chinese website... if Go appears in TW it looks like his haters can't catch a break XD

I want to see normal people living in that world, not everything has to be about trainers and glorified animal abuse.

lol peta infiltrating the Serebii forums:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
not everything has to be about trainers and glorified animal abuse.
Really? Why bring up something as debunked as that? Pokemon battles are no more animal abuse than fencing or other combat sports are human abuse. Pokemon battle with or without trainers, and choose trainers in part in the hopes of making themselves stronger.

But back on topic, the fact that pokemon are so thoroughly integrated into human society means it makes sense to include them in most aspects of it (we see this delved into in the Poke Jobs feature of Sun and Moon). Being sapient beings rather than regular animals, they can play a more active role in even complex aspects of human society, and their powers indeed would be highly useful in everything from hospitals to transportation to construction work. Heck, there's a Bewear working on the hospital in this episode.

Red and Blue

But it says it's a placeholder for ep. 2 of Twilight Wings on a chinese website... if Go appears in TW it looks like his haters can't catch a break XD

Whoever put it on the Chinese website might have been misinformed

Henry's Journey

Whoever put it on the Chinese website might have been misinformed

Yeah, maybe, but it would be cool if Go gets a cameo in Twilight Wings as well.

Really? Why bring up something as debunked as that? Pokemon battles are no more animal abuse than fencing or other combat sports are human abuse. Pokemon battle with or without trainers, and choose trainers in part in the hopes of making themselves stronger.

But back on topic, the fact that pokemon are so thoroughly integrated into human society means it makes sense to include them in most aspects of it (we see this delved into in the Poke Jobs feature of Sun and Moon). Being sapient beings rather than regular animals, they can play a more active role in even complex aspects of human society, and their powers indeed would be highly useful in everything from hospitals to transportation to construction work. Heck, there's a Bewear working on the hospital in this episode.

I know right? I really disliked his post, why is he into the Pokemon franchise if he thinks this is about "animal abuse"? wanted to do a strong reply but meh you made the points well.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
People, it's pretty obvious the "glorified animal abuse" is meant to be humorous satire as a description, not something serious. Just as how people (and me!) think Ash is in a coma.
Wonder why the kids sick?
Summary in Youtube says he's been confined to the hospital since he was born.

Last edited:

Animac

Oh Crap, Abort mission! I repeat! Abort mission!

I know right? I really disliked his post, why is he into the Pokemon franchise if he thinks this is about "animal abuse"? wanted to do a strong reply but meh you made the points well.

Uhh... it was a joke.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Summary in Youtube says he's been confined to the hospital since he was born.

Considering this is sickly children and Pokemon, I'm surprised we haven't seen that many Wally comparisons.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Considering this is sickly children and Pokemon, I'm surprised we haven't seen that many Wally comparisons.
His hair isn't green so he can't be a Wally expy clearly.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Uhh... it was a joke.
Apologies, but I saw zero indication of that. It may sound absurd to consider it bad that non-pokemon things don't get more focus, but I've seen people argue seriously for much stranger things.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yeah, maybe, but it would be cool if Go gets a cameo in Twilight Wings as well.

Hey, that's not me!

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Just 5 mins of first episode of wing and it is already 10 times better than first 9 episodes of main anime already and it could go only better.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
(Dubbed samples only.)

In only 2 days, the short has been watched 2.9 million times and the likes go over 131k.

In 6 days, Ash's final battle at the league only has 22k views.

I like these numbers.

Here’s a solution quit the anime and just upload shorts.Though I would love it if we got a shorts series about Ashs Pokémon when their away from him.Like Greninja could have a episode or even the ones at the lab like Bulbasaur?

Anyone else like this idea?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
(Dubbed samples only.)

In only 2 days, the 6-minute short has been watched over 2.9 million times and the likes go over 131k.

In 6 days, a 2-minute short of Ash's final battle at the Alola League(?) only has 22k views.

I like these numbers.
To be fair, most people interested in seeing the latter probably saw it months ago in Japanese.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
To be fair, most people interested in seeing the latter probably saw it months ago in Japanese.
To be fairer, those people who saw it months ago don't want to see it again dubbed and thus don't support the dubbed version. We don't even know if they even saw the Japanese version but are simply just using images as proof and then spreading the word. And if they saw it, it was either the last minute or the whole two episodes.