• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
That was beautiful, every single second of it

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
So through much of this series the animators have focused on more subtle character acting and stuff like that. Outside of scenes like Saito's training in episode 2 or Rurina riding Milokaross there haven't been many moments of all-out SPECTACLE throughout...

But damn did they just pull all the stops with that fight scene? That was, like, possibly even more intense than Sun & Moon 144. And definitely miles above anything PM19 has delivered.

Yeah, Series Director Yamashita really nailed this series in general but it's also nice to see how many skilled animators he was able to dig up. Sadly, he didn't do any animation himself on this series. I'd have loved to see him work on this last episode, at least.

shadowF

Red and Blue

Loved that Piers shoved aside the reporter and camera saying he had better things to do. Perfectly in character

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Yup. I imagined Leon got lost when he was spotted at the canyon. He forgot to have his Charizard out.

I had imagined the letter John left at his room had a ticket to enter the stadium. Guess I was wrong.

Hooooooly crap, that animation during the final battle. Understandable that G-Max Duraludon didn't move, but having G-Max Charizard move to it was like seeing Godzilla fighting a building (though...isn't Godzilla a pacifist). All the Pokemon animated were amazing, especially how Dragapult acted with his missiles...er...babies...er...Dreepy.

I'm not sure John should be standing that close to the battle. Hell, the damn ground split. Not even the anime goes that far. Kid's a trooper.

Yay, Victor and Gloria cameo! That only feeds my fan fic fuel theories that this universe is the mythical Pokemon Gun where Bea, Allister, Gordie, and Melony exist.
Also the cameo of Victor and Gloria confirms this was pre-SwSh.
It was rather obvious this was set prior the story, given Hop still only had Wooloo and lived at home.

Though I was amused this episode's battle was surely the intro battle from the games.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
The director also posted this to celebrate the final episode!

https://twitter.com/yama_ic/status/1291362136082415622?s=19
This is now canon in my head lol.
Aw they became Trainers!

I wonder what Starters they picked? (If they got any at all) The Blonde kid really strikes me as a Sobble dude. Not-Tai could go either way between Scorbunny and Grookey tho

But... But...

Isn't Not-Tai supposedly dead?

He was in the final episode wasn't he?

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Ah, I just noticed: Series Director Yamashita Shingo drew the storyboard and directed this episode himself, personally. I completely forgot to check earlier.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
PERFECT ENDING TO A PERFECT SERIES! It wrapped up John’s arc beautifully, gave Leon & all the gym leaders great moments to shine & sum up their characters (despite being short), the battle was amazing, and the tease of Victor & Gloria was the perfect bow on top.

Galar’s become one of my favorite regions (the other 2 being Johto & Unova) and this series did a great job fleshing the region out beyond the games

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I don't usually say this but since it's a direct comparison that G-Max battle between Leon and Raihan was leaps and BOUNDS over what the anime gave us. Actually portraying the size weight and scale of these huge Pokemon properly
It's almost like they didn't have to animate it on the shoestring budget of a weekly anime...

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
PERFECT ENDING TO A PERFECT SERIES! It wrapped up John’s arc beautifully, gave Leon & all the gym leaders great moments to shine & sun up their characters (despite being short), the battle was amazing, and the tease of Victor & Gloria was the perfect bow on top.

Galar’s become one of my favorite regions (the other 2 being Johto & Unova) and this series did a great job fleshing the region out beyond the games

My thoughts exactly.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Are people srsly comparing the animation between TW and the main series? There’s a big difference in having to animate a weekly series and a monthly one where you have all the time you need basically in one while on the other you don’t.