• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon: Twilight Wings

Red and Blue

John would have been a good new lead if Ash's story ended in Alola. Because as it stands he sadly won't make it to Leon since this is in the game universe :p

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
An awesome end to an awesome series. Really redeemed the lackluster battle in the first episode, among other things (loved that we got a bit of personality in each of the gym leader's cameos).

While I realize that we can't expect animation like this from the main anime (usually), this series still left me wishing the main anime was not so starved of Galar content. One of the main draws of a new series has been exploring a new region, seeing how new moves and abilities work, etc. and by necessity Journeys has had very little of that. Twilight Wings is salve to the wound, but by its short nature means we still are pretty starved of anime Galar content compared to previous generations.

Some cool little details too, like Flygon buzzing its wings like an insect when it takes off, Dragapult using all four of its crest compartments to launch Dreepy (and perhaps showing why in game only two are used, with two of the launched Dreepy crashing into each other), and how the alterations to the battlefield from the various attacks carried over to the next portion of the battle (the Surf left water standing, the Stone Edge/Earthquake left a pillar of earth and rock that then got destroyed by Duraludon).

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Are people srsly comparing the animation between TW and the main series? There’s a big difference in having to animate a weekly series and a monthly one where you have all the time you need basically in one while on the other you don’t.
Being monthly is in no way a guarantee of being good. Super Dragon Ball Heroes is a monthly mini-series as well and that one, from what I understand, is fairly consistently weak with only a few brief standout moments. While I'm sure having a month to do ten minutes rather than a week to do twenty definitely helped, the quality of this series is more down to the people who worked on it.

...Though comparing this to SDBH seems pretty unfair anyway considering how that one is clearly just a commercial for a card game, whereas this one... is technically still a commercial but it also seems to have been a genuine passion project.

That was a nice ending. This episode is even better than the 6th episode, IMO.

I was expecting that Leon would do the Freddie Mercury pose, in person.

I think he won't get as much hate after TW.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Great way to end the series. They practically showed the entire cast of characters from the games, even Victor and Gloria which was a huge surprise. Saw this funny joke about Victor & Gloria too from the comments sections of the Pokemon Channel.

Kid: "One day I will become a Pokémon Trainer!"
Gloria: "Prepare for Trouble!"
Victor: "And make it Double!"

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Farewell, dear Twilight Wings. If only you'd had another episode or two...

THIS is how it's done, Pokemon GO: the Series...
There's a Pokemon Go series? o_O

Anyway, Twilight Wings was really sweet. There's not much there in terms of actual story or development, but most of the episodes still gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling as I watched, and the animation is lovely in a lot of places. The final match between Leon and Raihan had especially great animation, especially when Gigantamax Charizard came out, but on an unrelated note, what was with the random peacock sound effetct while Aegislash and Flygon were fighting? Was that supposed to be Flygon?

I would've liked more Sonia, perhaps even her own spotlight episode, but she's at least cute in the few scenes where you do see her. I'd say the Bea episode is still my favourite of the seven (Bea's "MMMMM, it's so GOOOOOD!!!!!" line will be forever ingrained in my mind whenever I'm eating a chocolate bar).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Being monthly is in no way a guarantee of being good. Super Dragon Ball Heroes is a monthly mini-series as well and that one, from what I understand, is fairly consistently weak with only a few brief standout moments. While I'm sure having a month to do ten minutes rather than a week to do twenty definitely helped, the quality of this series is more down to the people who worked on it.

...Though comparing this to SDBH seems pretty unfair anyway considering how that one is clearly just a commercial for a card game, whereas this one... is technically still a commercial but it also seems to have been a genuine passion project.

Might be a budget thing as well. Maybe TW has a better budget than SDBH has

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Are people srsly comparing the animation between TW and the main series? There’s a big difference in having to animate a weekly series and a monthly one where you have all the time you need basically in one while on the other you don’t.
In addition, it's a lot easier to polish shorts than it is a 20 minute anime. From what I know about Disney's animation department, don't ask, it takes roughly a week to get 90 seconds of movie footage. A week to do the animation of 90 seconds of a 90 minute film.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
God that last episode was ugly! Especially that flying segment. Absolutely hideous. It was fine though. I liked the series as a whole but not as much as I liked Generations. Like a solid 7/10 as a whole