• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Type Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsiOmega

An old soul
I want to see a Dragon Eeveelution. (GameFreak, please make Draceon!) I also want to see a Dragon/Bug type.

Hidden Power

I don't really have a favourite type, since I try to build a different team each time. However, I do feel that the Ice type could do with a little help. For starters, it has the third least common typing, after ghost and dragon, both of which kinda have a reason to be rare. And of the ones we have, instead of having snow owls, tigers, wolves or foxes, we get things like Jynx, Cryogonal and Gialie, and I would say that I don't really like the design of Mamoswine either. Of the remaining ones, Delibird has pathetic stats (and useless DW ability too). Of course, Articuno, Regice Kyurem are legendary, and I do appreciate Beartic and Vanilluxe (I like its design, actually) in the 5th gen, but other than that I felt that Game Freaks isn't maximising the potential of Ice Pokemon design. Look at this list of possible references they could've used!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Arctic_land_animals

And if that's not bad enough, almost every water Pokemon (I counted 105 out of 109) in the game can learn Ice Beam and Blizzard.

Regardless of how you rationalise why water type can use ice type (but not the other way round), what's the point of introducing Ice as a unique type if its moveset is going to be heavily abused by another?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I think there is a lack of Fire-Types.. It is not many of them.

SuperEpicRock

So, my two favorite types are fire and ground, just because they really seem to complement each other.
Fire has a lot of great special attacks while ground has good physical attacks (well, really just earthquake, but that's all it needs).
I'd like to see a faster mixed fire/ground type (Camerupt is just too slow to be really useful).

Schade

Metallic Wonder
That would ruin the perfect order of the Eeveelutions typings.
Dragon is the only Special-Type left to be made an Eeveelution of.

It would be a bit too much if they made physical-Typed Eeveelutions too.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
We can. but I think there is enough Eeveelutions already..

ConfusedEevee

Time Gear Thief
I think there is a lack of Fire-Types.. It is not many of them.

agreed! and in gen 4 there were NO new fire evolution lines except for the starter! (magmortar doesn't count because he's not a new line) even though I love gen 4, I still can't believe nintendo didn't add new fire pokemon for people to catch along the way. Its really sad. That's my only problem with gen 4

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
Poison should be strong against Water and resistant to Dragons. This would make Poisons much more popular. Right now being weak to ground really hurts them. Having an advantage offensively against Water types I think is important. With Pokemon like Rotom-W and the multiple Bulky Waters, Poison would be an excellent choice against those pokemon as it's immune to poison (toxic).

Dragons ruin this game for me. With only Steels being able to resist them, I feel pidgey-holed into using atleast 1 or even 2 Steels just to survive. ****ing ridiculous. With poison being resistant to dragon, Weezing would become King and pokemon like Crobat and Tentacruel would become viable options to be used against Dragons.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

Anyone over here love dragon types? no matter, I'd wish to see another eeveelution, possibly a dragon or ghost. And water should be more effective at steel because for the latter, getting soaked causes it to rust.

Espectra

The Ghost Type Guru!
I believe that Poison Types deserve another Advantage, perhaps over Dragon. Because just one in Grass really isn't cutting it. Steel has little offensive use, but the type overall isn't terrible. Poison just deserves some more love.

Ghost-types have and always will be my favorite type.

Machoke

Shizui/Brawlytrainer
Being a Fighting type lover myself, I am not a big fan of Psychic or Flying types. The only flying types I really like would be the Dragon like Pokémon such as Charizard. Most Psychic types just freak me out to be honest. Fighting types just tend to look in shape, buff, manly etc. Besides, I love working out. I guess type doesn't really matter to me, but the look of the Pokémon does. Though I rarely ever use Bug Types, ever. The only ones I like would be the ones introduced in Johto.

DemonViper

Shadow Master
I honestly want to see another Dark/Fire Type. I think it would be interesting to see what game freak comes up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.