• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Type Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subzerostupid

Walking Pokedex
I think all types are pretty much equal in gen V, as in, all the types have a nice range of powerful pokemon. Types I would really like to see:
electric/ice
Fire/ice

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I've personally always wanted like an electric/bug type. Kinda of like Volbeat, but with electric typing. A firefly of some sort.

And a poison legendary is a must. And I wouldn't mind seeing some more obscure typing with poison.

Poison/Dragon
Poison/Normal
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Fire

(I'm a big fan of the poison type right now :p)

I've personally always wanted like an electric/bug type. Kinda of like Volbeat, but with electric typing. A firefly of some sort.

And a poison legendary is a must. And I wouldn't mind seeing some more obscure typing with poison.

Poison/Dragon
Poison/Normal
Poison/Psychic
Poison/Fire

(I'm a big fan of the poison type right now :p)

Isn't Galvantula Bug/Electric?

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I think there is a great imbalance between the types, spread between the base power of moves, amount of pokemon, super effectiveness, resistances, immunities, etc. For example, dark and ghost most powerful moves have 80 base power (not including signature moves like Night Daze or Shadow Force). There are so many water, grass, normal and poison pokemon, but not so many ice, steel, dark and ghost.

And in my opinion, we can blame the first generation for this. It introduced powerful base power moves for fire, water, grass, electric, ice, normal and ground, and that's it. It had such a vast amount of poison, normal and water types but only a few of many of the other types. It made fighting super effective against many steel, rock, ice, normal and dark, but made poison super effective only against grass (and bug in 1st gen) Every generation since then has improved things, like stronger attacks (dark pulse, close combat, bug buzz, stone edge and so on) or more pokemon of smaller types (like all the new ghost and fighting types since 4th gen), but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

I think there is a great imbalance between the types, spread between the base power of moves, amount of pokemon, super effectiveness, resistances, immunities, etc. For example, dark and ghost most powerful moves have 80 base power (not including signature moves like Night Daze or Shadow Force). There are so many water, grass, normal and poison pokemon, but not so many ice, steel, dark and ghost.

And in my opinion, we can blame the first generation for this. It introduced powerful base power moves for fire, water, grass, electric, ice, normal and ground, and that's it. It had such a vast amount of poison, normal and water types but only a few of many of the other types. It made fighting super effective against many steel, rock, ice, normal and dark, but made poison super effective only against grass (and bug in 1st gen) Every generation since then has improved things, like stronger attacks (dark pulse, close combat, bug buzz, stone edge and so on) or more pokemon of smaller types (like all the new ghost and fighting types since 4th gen), but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Agreed.

There were many Fire-types in the first few generations. In 4th Gen, nope.

Livi

Memory Seeker
My favourite types are electric and ice. Hm, I'd like to see an ice/electric type. It would be an interesting combination. xP
Rotom doesn't count. >.>

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
My favourite types are electric and ice. Hm, I'd like to see an ice/electric type. It would be an interesting combination. xP
Rotom doesn't count. >.>

But Rotom is an Ice/Electric type. =/ Why would it not count? Dx

Pokenoob3.14

Lord of the noobs
Best type? Water. No debate. It rocks.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Yeah, Its actually very hard to find a type Mixed with water that isn't awsome. The worst is what, Water/Ice?

Yeah, Its actually very hard to find a type Mixed with water that isn't awsome. The worst is what, Water/Ice?

And even then, Stallrein would like to have a word with his haters, though if you can slam it with a powerful hit that is strong enough to prevent Substitute creation, you've beat it.

FlyShyGuy

Neo-Geodude
I quite like rock types, though I'd like to see more Pure Rock-type pokemon. Of all the rock-type pokemon out there, there are only, like, 4 lines that are purely Rock (and of these, the only decent lines that spring to mind are the Roggenrola/Boldore/Gigalith line and Cranidos/Rampardos). Most of the others are Rock/Ground, which is actually kinda annoying.

EDIT: Well, I guess the same is true for Steel types as well (there are even fewer pure steel lines)

I'd also really like to see more Ice-type varieties.... especially Ice/Rock.

Sure it has two double-weaknesses but an Ice/Rock type would definitely be usable, and it's not that hard to come up with ideas for one (I can already imagine some sort of Avalanche-type/snowball pokemon).

Last edited:

catzeye

Writer's Block
My favorite type is the Dark type. I was so excited when I saw all of those Dark type lines in Generation 5.

As for type Combos I would love to see:

Dark/Psychic
Dark/Electric
Poison/Dragon
Ghost/Steel
Fire/Electric (I know we have Rotom, but I would like something other than that)
Fire/Ice
Water/Psychic

I like the Fire, Water, and Electric types, although all types have at least one Pokemon that I like.

We really need a Fire/Water and Fire/Ice. Fire/Electric would be a great combination as well, although it would have a crippling weakness to Ground type.

Who wants a Fire/Electric with Levitate? Pure epicness.

Status
Not open for further replies.