1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

pokemon types that should have advantages

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by gunner welburn, Jul 28, 2007.

1. gunner welburn

gunner welburn fire tamer

this thread is for what type of pokemon should be super effective agianst other types

i think that poison types should be super effective against water and flying because when there are like oil spillages in the sea all fish gets poisoned and so do birds

2. Ethan

Ethan Banned

Flying should be super effective agianst fire, because you know strong winds put out large flames.

3. Requiem's Eclipse

Requiem's Eclipse Hopelessly Hopeful

Actually oxygen makes the flames larger so fire should have a resistance to flying. I do think that Water and Ice shuold be weak afainst each other because water can actually melt ice and Ice can freeze water.

4. dark should have an advantage against bug since if a mightyena used crunch on a kakuna or metapod they would get tons of damage

5. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I think that water would be excelent against Steel

6. Praetor

Praetor Psephophthalmus artu

i dont think fire should be good against steel on that note flying should not be good against fighting either

but poison should definitely have more advantages, like against water, fighting and psychic, it'd knock psycic and water down a tier and it makes sense

7. Ethan

Ethan Banned

Poison should aslo be good agianst bug because IRL its our main method of killing them *CoughriadCough*

8. Prio

Prio Well-Known Member

Fire makes steel melt, Martial Artist can't fly.

9. Sphyxius

Sphyxius Well-Known Member

^more like Steel heats up really easily... anyway, if Fire moves weren't good against Steel pokemon... ****, no one would ****ing use Fire types. :/ which really wouldn't be fair to Fire fans like me :/

Fighting types can't hit flyers because they are on the ground... so their attacks kinda suck.

Poison types should definately be strong against Water though.. and Ground too actually... pollution much?

And yeah, Flying should not be super effective against Fire. wind might put out small flames but anything larger than a campfire is going to yum yum all that oxygen and flare up like nobody's business.

Also interesting to note something I learned watching the X-Files: If Fire is hot enough, it can split water into hydrogen and oxygen which are both extremely flammable/explosive :) Thats why some Fire's are so hard to put out....

Poison also should be weak against Fire since Poison gases/fluids tend to be flammable.

Fire also should be immune to Normal... I mean Fire is essentially gaseous, for lack of a better word. If ghosts are immune to Normal and Fighting so should Fire.

I know I'm buttering up Fire types a lot, but you have to admit all of the above makes sense. Very little should be able to hurt Fire types actually :/

I also think Electric and Fire should resist eachother. just to give Fire a LITTLE extra nerfing after all of the above stuff... Dragons ought to be immune to Fire... seems natural right?

10. ghost should be immune to almost anything i mean..its a ghost lol it can dissappear

11. Swampfarmer

Swampfarmer Floater of Jelly

But then we would have imbalance. Ghost would be the only type used...

Anyway, I'm perfectly fine with the way it currently is. IMO, they don't need to change anything...

12. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

dark should be neutral to steel, steel has enough resistances as it is, and dark and steel arnt related in any way.

fighting attacks should be weak on rock pokemon..obvious reasons

13. LinksOcarina

LinksOcarina The true master

Poison needs another type advantage besides Grass and Bug, they have a few too many weaknesses really. Maybe adding strength towards Normal types would be good, since they have one weakness themselves.

14. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Nice explanation, FetusKiller665.

Electric should have an advantage over Ice types, because Ice is still water. :rolleyes:

15. Power of Fire

Power of Fire Goodbye

steel should be super effective to dragon

reason-steel=weaponary and weapons kills dragon woohoo i rock

16. Poison should be super effetive aganst fire..gas and fire :/

I'm sick of poison attacks begin super effective against only grass.

17. Power of Fire

Power of Fire Goodbye

^ it gets worse flying is super effective against grass who would've expected that

18. Curse

Curse Deliciously Absurd

Ice doesn't conduct electricity.

As for my opinion:

~ Poison should be super-effective against Bug. Insects are easily killed by pesticides.

~ Poison should be super-effective against Water. Water can easily be polluted.

~ Water should be super-effective against Steel. Metals can become rusted from exposure to moisture (though Steel is actually very rust-resistant, it would help balance the type out by giving it another weakness).

~ Water should be super-effective against Electric. Electricity can short-circuit when exposed to water.

To the people saying Fire and Flying should affect each other (in any way); not a good idea. If you look closely, very few Flying-type attacks are "wind"- or "air"-based. In fact, most of them involve a wing or beak hitting the opponent. Personally, I think the Flying-type represents birds better than wind or air.

19. Power of Fire

Power of Fire Goodbye

electric is already super effective against water

20. thunderblade12

thunderblade12 Well-Known Member

psychic should be ammune to everthing.. "i forseen your flamethrower coming so i stepped 5 feet to the right..."