• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

pokemon types that should have advantages

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Instead of ghost being immune to Fighting and Normal, I think that Physical Normal and Fighting attacks should only be immune to Ghost.

Ghost effecting Normal types

Water super effective to Steel

Poison super-effective to Bug and Water

Fighting strong against Rock and Steel? Why?

Prio

Instead of ghost being immune to Fighting and Normal, I think that Physical Normal and Fighting attacks should only be immune to Ghost.

Ghost effecting Normal types

Water super effective to Steel

Poison super-effective to Bug and Water

Fighting strong against Rock and Steel? Why?

Rock = Brick | Brick + Karate Chop = broken brick.

Shadow Warrior

Aah!! welcome Lunch
I think fighting should be super effective against grass.

Poison imo should not only have a resistance to fighting, but dish out 2x damage to fighting types, since poison prevents connections to the nerves and muscles. Poison is also, in a nutshell, unhealthy...and you have to be healthy to train in the martial arts and such. I think it would also be interesting if poison were super effective against psychic types because of how it would attack the brain. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that would be the first two types that are super effective against one another (although I myself do not really understand why psychic is strong against poison).
I don't really go for the "pollution" aspects of poison people are talking about. You can pollute the water, you can pollute the air, you can pollute the earth...and then you would just say that poison is unhealthy for all living creatures so pretty much poison should be super effective against all types (except for poison and steel). Meh...

I really want bug types to have a resistance to psychic and dark types. Not for any particular reason based on what they mean irl, but because bug types need more resistances. Imo, they should have complete advantages over psychic and dark types.

I also still think that water should be super effective against steel. Yes, rust. I also think electricity should either be super effective against steel or steel should be immune to electric types. Metal is one of the best conductors, so either the electricity would easily pass through the metal and into the pokemon's inner weak spots to inflict a lot of damage, or it would just go straight through the pokemon altogether, which is why I believe it could be either super effective or not effective at all.

Last edited:

pipersgirl™

<This girl rocks!!
I think poison should hurt fire.

tha mewlova

i think fire should blow up poision, cause most toxixs explode when exposed to fire

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
Electricty should be SE against Steel, for the simple reason that Steel conducts it.

Glenugie

The Penguin King!
I think fir should not be weak against water because fire can evaporate water!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
What should definitely be done, for fairness's sake, is take away some of Steel's resistances and make more Pokémon weak to Poison attacks. Whose idea was it to make Steel resistant or immune to 13 types? I couldn't believe it when I first saw the new type charts. And while Poison Pokémon are oaky on their own, moves like Sludge Bomb are rare sights; Poison moves are largely used to inflict Poison damage.

While we're at it, we could give Electric Pokémon a weakness other than Ground to help curb the dominance of Earthquake.

Fighting is good against ice, rock, and steel to represent that it takes exeptional power to break these materials, the "hard materials".

As for against normal, they are good because the average person loses to a martial artist. Psychic is good against poison because they can train their minds to resist the effects of poison, and even neutralize it. On a side note, steel should be weak to water and electric, and neutral to fire, as steel has a higher melting point than most rocks (which resist fire). Bugs should be weak to poison, but resist psychic (kill a bug with poison/ hive minds resist outside influence). Other than that, every thing makes sense. Maybe, just maybe, make fire good against poison (poisonous materials are commonly flammable).

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Poison should be super effective to grass and bug as poison kills bugs and grass.