• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Does anyone know, to what extent do some of the Roto Loto powerups boost your traits? In particular, I'd like to know how much the friendship one and the EXP ones increase them by.

I just brought in a Pokémon I use for online battling from my Sun version, as it happens to be eligible for the upcoming wi-fi competition. The thing is, this Pokémon knows Return, so I'd like to bring its happiness up as quickly as possible. (Also, does Roto Friendship stack with the Soothe Bell? I know Roto Prize Money stacks with the Amulet Coin.)

I don't know about the friendship, hatching, and the exp ones, but I have tried out the Roto catch. I'll need a bit more testing to actually confirm it but I think Roto catch doesn't modify the probability directly, but it is a flat addition to the catch value of a pokémon species of about +50-60 (ballpark guess, could also be +70, it's roughly in that area). I don't know how it stacks with the apricorn balls yet, as they multiply the catch value of the species, and I don't know if this boost is also multiplied along. This is also a difficult one to test as you only get one of each apricorn ball in the game. The only exception is the Heavy Ball, which is also a flat addition to the catch value, and simply stacks with the Roto catch in my experience. For instance Groudon normally has a catch value of 3. It is a very heavy pokémon, so Heavy Ball boosts that to 43, the largest modifier it gives. Roto catch boosts that further to say 103 (if it's +60), making the catching probability similar to catching Hawlucha with a regular poké ball.

Last edited:

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
No.

I think I know they don't get HAs since I did catch a few Pokemon from them (including a shiny Magcargo) and they all had regular abilities.

Thank you so much! Also I apologize for posting multiple times; I later realized I should have waited.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I don't know about the friendship, hatching, and the exp ones, but I have tried out the Roto catch. I'll need a bit more testing to actually confirm it but I think Roto catch doesn't modify the probability directly, but it is a flat addition to the catch value of a pokémon species of about +50-60 (ballpark guess, could also be +70, it's roughly in that area). I don't know how it stacks with the apricorn balls yet, as they multiply the catch value of the species, and I don't know if this boost is also multiplied along. This is also a difficult one to test as you only get one of each apricorn ball in the game. The only exception is the Heavy Ball, which is also a flat addition to the catch value, and simply stacks with the Roto catch in my experience. For instance Groudon normally has a catch value of 3. It is a very heavy pokémon, so Heavy Ball boosts that to 43, the largest modifier it gives. Roto catch boosts that further to say 103 (if it's +60), making the catching probability similar to catching Hawlucha with a regular poké ball.

All right. Thanks anyway.

Next question: I have not seen anyone not Grade 0 at the Battle Agency. What triggers them to appear? Does there have to be someone at that very moment who has advanced at least that far? I only really see 3 to 6 people at Grade 0 and everyone else can't be selected.

Also, I found Moltres in the Ultra Space Wilds, but I wasn't ready to catch it. If I turn back, will I get another chance later?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
All right. Thanks anyway.

Next question: I have not seen anyone not Grade 0 at the Battle Agency. What triggers them to appear? Does there have to be someone at that very moment who has advanced at least that far? I only really see 3 to 6 people at Grade 0 and everyone else can't be selected.

Also, I found Moltres in the Ultra Space Wilds, but I wasn't ready to catch it. If I turn back, will I get another chance later?

I don't know about the Battle Agency at all, but for the legendaries, they should respawn even if you faint them. They only stop spawning once you catch them. As a note, with Roto catch they're actually pretty easy to catch. Paralyse them and bring their health to red. Then you can usually catch them in like 3 or so Ultra Balls.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Goomy can appear alongside any of the Pokémon that can appear in the tall grass.

Thank you.

I'm at 90% for my Alolan dex in Ultra Sun I'm missing just 38 pokemon. Can anyone help me?

List of Pokemon I'm missing: Florges, Jolteon, Umbreon, Sylveon, Wigglytuff, Omanyte, Kabuto, Archeops, Tyrunt, the evolution of Amaura, Tyranitar, Nosepass, Goomy, Sliggoo, Cinccino, Beheeyem, Manectric, Vibrava, Flygon, Baltoy, Golett, Golurk, Jellicent, Scrafty, Dragalgae, Clawitzer, the preevolution of clawitzer, Hakamo-o, misdreavus, #374 in the Alola dex [I think it Draggon/Draggeon], Dratini, Cosmog, Cosmoem, Lunala, UB-Assembly, and Celesteela.

If anyone can help me out, please PM me or message me in the help thread, thank you.

Also, I need the last 10 totem stickers...I just don't know which ones I'm missing.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I don't know about the Battle Agency at all, but for the legendaries, they should respawn even if you faint them. They only stop spawning once you catch them. As a note, with Roto catch they're actually pretty easy to catch. Paralyse them and bring their health to red. Then you can usually catch them in like 3 or so Ultra Balls.

Thanks anyway. What I wasn't ready for was that I wanted to bring in a Pokémon with Synchronize so the Legendary Pokémon would have the Nature I wanted, but I was looking for another Pokémon and this Nature wouldn't have suited the one I found.

I guess the Battle Agency is just not that popular. Not quite as many people on Festival Plaza either for that matter, considering that we failed the Global Mission of catching 10 million Pokémon.

From then on, I decided I'd come with four Kadabras with Synchronize: A Jolly one, an Adamant one, a Timid one, and a Modest one. Those cover most of the Pokémon I would intend to find there.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Is it possible to get clothes like the Hero Cap, the Kommo-o outfit, the Karate outfit, or the Lurantis outfit through Festival Plaza? I'm at a high enough raking to buy clothes with Festival Coins & I've been harvesting VIPs with these outfits, but so far everyone I find with those clothes just says "It's not easy to order and get this item."

I'm just wondering if it's possible at all so that I don't get my hopes up.

Last edited:

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Is it possible to get clothes like the Hero Cap, the Kommo-o outfit, the Karate outfit, or the Lurantis outfit through Festival Plaza? I'm at a high enough raking to buy clothes with Festival Coins & I've been harvesting VIPs with these outfits, but so far everyone I find with those clothes just says "It's not easy to order and get this item."

It is not possible, these outfits are considered “special order”.

shadowF

So has anyone here already fought Gladion at the league? Changed the date on my 3DS to be well over a month later and have soft reseted for hours now, but still no Gladion.

Yeah, I would also like this question answered. So after a month from the Necrozma story we can get Gladion but is he still a very rare occurrence or does he have the same rates as everyone else after the one month? I would love to battle him regularly so it would bum me out if he is still a very rare occurrence.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Is it me, or is level-scaling not being used for the regular Battle Tree battles? I brought in some Pokémon from my Sun version, and they're way overleveled. The AI Pokémon are at Level 50, but mine were not scaled down and are between Levels 66 and 100. Or have I encountered a glitch?

EDIT: I see, the regular ones don't scale levels down, allowing people to get to the Super ones easier. It's been a while since I did it in Sun, but when do you get the Venusaurite, Charizardites, and Blastoisinite? Is it when you face Red or Blue in Super Singles/Doubles? I went for regular Doubles, found Blue at the end, and got no Mega Stones.

These are clothing items not obtained through the normal shops, which is why they can't be bought with FC. The Hero Cap is found in Malie City's flea market, the Kommo'o and Luran sets are extremely high-priced items from Gracidea, and...I'm not sure about the Black Belt outfit. (Is that the male equivalent to the nurse outfit, which you get by completing the Alola Pokédex?)

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
has the synchronise ability been buffed in USUM? im leading with a modest synchronise gardevoir in my legendary search. every single one i tried catching ended up modest including a cobalion and a shiny Barbaracle. is it just luck i got modest nature legends/shiny?

edit: i found out the answer, got a lugia encounter and its still 50/50

ive been doing a bunch of wormhole searching and i noticed some normal white UB holes and i saw a 1-2 ring light green portal. is that a shiny green portal? im also starting to get used to looking for good wormholes ie rotating petals on a hole are legendary.

Last edited:

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
1) Is there a way to refresh all the people in my Festival Plaza except for my VIPs?

2) Is there a thread here on Serebii that can connect me with other people who have high Battle Agency ranks, and if so, could someone kindly direct me to it or to a page I could post about it?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, it seems I got my question answered: You get the Kanto starters' Mega Stones by defeating RED specifically, and he only challenges you in Battle Tree Singles. I made the mistake of going through Doubles first.

1) Is there a way to refresh all the people in my Festival Plaza except for my VIPs?

2) Is there a thread here on Serebii that can connect me with other people who have high Battle Agency ranks, and if so, could someone kindly direct me to it or to a page I could post about it?

Trust me, I'm desperately looking for people in Battle Agency above Grade 0 myself. I don't know what's going on with the Battle Agency, but looking at the Grade 0 Pokémon and the terrible moves most of them have, I suspect these people picked Pokémon without seeing their moves, stats, and hold items, lost on Grade 0, and never made another attempt.

The only way I've found to increase my chances is to take missions, both my own and other people's. Anyone you talk to in the Festival Plaza is added to the list, and if they've made any attempt at Battle Agency, the game will tell you accordingly and they're moved to the top of the list. I was able to find someone on Grade 3 and another on Grade 10 this past weekend when Festival Plaza was actually busy and people were playing missions

Last edited:

AG128L

Is there a way to get my character from Moon to appear in my Ultra Sun festival plaza? I'd like some clothing in colors from the other version, and if it's possible, it seems like buying it from myself would be easiest. Thanks!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Is there a way to get my character from Moon to appear in my Ultra Sun festival plaza? I'd like some clothing in colors from the other version, and if it's possible, it seems like buying it from myself would be easiest. Thanks!

Yep, but it requires you to have access to another 3DS that you can put your copy of Moon in. Place the copy into the other system, then go into Festival Plaza on both games. You don't even need to connect to the internet. In your case, in Ultra Sun, go into the castle and page your other character into the castle. Putting your Moon character on your Ultra Sun VIP list might not be a bad idea either.