• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Blake1996

2002 Hoenn Leauge Champion
I don't really have time to search through the whole thread to see if this question has been answered yet, which i'm sure it has, but is there any significance with the various Pokemon you can "play" with through out the game (the rockruff at the beginning of the game being on example) Iv'e noticed if you play with them enough you get them to come closer to you and it gives you the option to "stroke" them or stare at them. Normally the stroke option gives you a heart above their head. I just didn't know if this really led to anything or if it is just a little time wasting feature or even a teaser at Pokemon followers and interaction to come in upcoming games? Any thoughts?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't really have time to search through the whole thread to see if this question has been answered yet, which i'm sure it has, but is there any significance with the various Pokemon you can "play" with through out the game (the rockruff at the beginning of the game being on example) Iv'e noticed if you play with them enough you get them to come closer to you and it gives you the option to "stroke" them or stare at them. Normally the stroke option gives you a heart above their head. I just didn't know if this really led to anything or if it is just a little time wasting feature or even a teaser at Pokemon followers and interaction to come in upcoming games? Any thoughts?

It's just a cute thing to do, it doesn't give you any direct benefits as far as I know. It's just fun to become friends with these random pokémon.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

The only benefit to any of them is that if you befriend the Sandygast on Akala Island, you can make it follow you around a little bit. This is important because it's standing right on top of a Totem Sticker and cannot be made to get off it otherwise.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
is the battle agency equally as evil/hard as the battle royal/battle tree? im currently at lvl 8 and im liking the FC rewards from it.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
is the battle agency equally as evil/hard as the battle royal/battle tree? im currently at lvl 8 and im liking the FC rewards from it.

I'd say it's way more evil because you only get crap pokémon and you can't even pick your partners, they're seemingly random too, at least in my experience. And the further you go, the higher the levels of the opponents get while you'll stay stuck with a team having two level 50s so you also get a level disadvantage. In the Tree and Royal you can pick your own pokémon and get some synergy and teamwork going.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Bit of a random question. All of the totems I have received so far have been female. All of them. Is this a fluke or are they supposed to be female? I'm playing as a female character if that makes any difference. Anyone know?

I can tell you that is definitely not the case, it's just a coincidence to you that you're getting all-females. The Totem-sized Mimikyu I got was male, while the other ones I obtained (Raticate, Araquanid, Salazzle, Togedemaru) were coincidentally all females. It's basic that all the Totem-sized Pokemon other than Salazzle still have the same 50-50 gender ratio as their normal counterparts.

Can someone answer me a quick question? I’ve been SRing for Nihilego, but from what I’m hearing, shiny odds are decided the moment you step into an Ultra World. Does this mean that my SRing is futile, or can I still do it?

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Can someone answer me a quick question? I’ve been SRing for Nihilego, but from what I’m hearing, shiny odds are decided the moment you step into an Ultra World. Does this mean that my SRing is futile, or can I still do it?

No, that's only true for the regular Wild Pokémon in Ultra Space. Legendaries and UB's function differently, as in their Shinies aren't determined the moment you step in, and can be SR for shiny.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'd say it's way more evil because you only get crap pokémon and you can't even pick your partners, they're seemingly random too, at least in my experience. And the further you go, the higher the levels of the opponents get while you'll stay stuck with a team having two level 50s so you also get a level disadvantage. In the Tree and Royal you can pick your own pokémon and get some synergy and teamwork going.

thank you for the reply. i can see why its like that. at lvl 3 i got stuck with a bad choice of 3 to chose a pkmn that realy couldnt do too much vs 2nd opponent. then there were times where i got a good pkmn to use ie mega mawile or some good bulk pkmn to stall out the opponents.

mega mawile pretty much curb stomped the opponent. others just had useful status moves ie milotic. one of the better battles was my tyranitar vs a shadow tag gothitelle with 3 stat boost and psychic. t-tar was paralysed but i survived with 4 pp left when that thing struggled to a KO :). i got some decent random legends from the other 2 players but i'll see how far i can take it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
thank you for the reply. i can see why its like that. at lvl 3 i got stuck with a bad choice of 3 to chose a pkmn that realy couldnt do too much vs 2nd opponent. then there were times where i got a good pkmn to use ie mega mawile or some good bulk pkmn to stall out the opponents.

mega mawile pretty much curb stomped the opponent. others just had useful status moves ie milotic. one of the better battles was my tyranitar vs a shadow tag gothitelle with 3 stat boost and psychic. t-tar was paralysed but i survived with 4 pp left when that thing struggled to a KO :). i got some decent random legends from the other 2 players but i'll see how far i can take it.

I prefer just interacting with Plaza guests for FC, you can get like 300 FC in a single lap which takes less than 10 minutes, and repeat that every two or so hours. I've never had any pokémon there that's actually good. I've seen pokémon without hold items, stall sets of Azelf and Dugtrio, pokémon with movesets for doubles while Agency is singles, and so on. It's horrible and I've got no idea why Gamefreak made it like that. I mean, the Tree has some horrible sets occasionally (like Rain Dance Thunder Alolan Marowak), but Agency seems to be nothing but horrible sets.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Has anyone figured out a way to keep track of how many light years you're travelling while in the Ultra Wormhole?

It would be nice if I could know that so I won't keep exiting the wormhole prematurely.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I prefer just interacting with Plaza guests for FC, you can get like 300 FC in a single lap which takes less than 10 minutes, and repeat that every two or so hours. I've never had any pokémon there that's actually good. I've seen pokémon without hold items, stall sets of Azelf and Dugtrio, pokémon with movesets for doubles while Agency is singles, and so on. It's horrible and I've got no idea why Gamefreak made it like that. I mean, the Tree has some horrible sets occasionally (like Rain Dance Thunder Alolan Marowak), but Agency seems to be nothing but horrible sets.

i dont do the rounds in the plaza grounds too much unless i have good fortunes for them but i do the rounds sometimes. i do need to do something about getting alot of FC and im starting to do more plaza activity.

it looks like i had better luck with Pokemon selection in the battle agency than you. ive had 2 megas, 7 legendaries on the team (mine or partners) and some other sets i usually dont run. im at lvl 9 but there were a few pkmn that countered me too well or caused too much damage. i do like it for the random nature of the challenge but it has its disadvantages. i liked the random selection/choice of pokemon available in battle frontier in HG.

can you even enter the trailer in pikachu valley or are there 999 pikachu in there?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I haven't encountered any megas yet. But now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the reason that I encountered pokémon without hold items is because I didn't have a Key Stone yet and they normally hold mega stones.

BCVM22

can you even enter the trailer in pikachu valley or are there 999 pikachu in there?

No. Same animation of a Pikachu exiting, every time.

I haven't encountered any megas yet. But now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the reason that I encountered pokémon without hold items is because I didn't have a Key Stone yet and they normally hold mega stones.

There are only a select few in-game trainers who use Mega Evolution and they're all postgame. Mostly in Episode RR and the postgame Poni areas, and later battles with Dexio.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There are only a select few in-game trainers who use Mega Evolution and they're all postgame. Mostly in Episode RR and the postgame Poni areas, and later battles with Dexio.

I mean at the Battle Agency. Some of the pokémon options I could pick didn't hold any items. My theory is that the pokémon that are programmed to hold mega stones don't hold anything if you don't have a Key Stone yet.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No. Same animation of a Pikachu exiting, every time.

thanks, i was hoping that if enough exited the trailer that i could go inside. the guy beside the trailer does keep count of how many leave the trailer.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you

I played the Agency right after clearing Sophocles trial. For my first Pokémon I got to choose an Ampharos. It had an Ampharosite and I was able to mega evolve it even though it had not been introduced in the story yet. My guess to this is that there are rental Pokémon that just don’t have items.

DanielS

I have two quick questions can we trade mega stones from moon to ultra moon? And if we can can we use them right away or do we have to wait till post game?

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич

I actually discovered an amazing set for moltes in battle agency.

Firium Z + burn up
then burn up again
and I think it also had heatwave

it was higher level and full sweep 2 teams.

Species: Moltres
Nature: Timid
Held Item: Firium Z
Moves: Heat Wave/Burn Up/Air Slash/Protect

Also, it seems all of these sets are from battle tree so it is mixing doubles sets from battle tree into battle agency.