1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 17, 2017.

1. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it's possible trade battle bond greninja/Ash-greninja from SM to USUM?

2. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

When are you able to trade Pokemon? I want to transfer some eggs from Moon.

3. shac

shac Well-Known Member

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place but wondering if there is a list of extra Pokémon available in USUM in each area that wasn't available in SM. it's a bit of a pain to go on serebii and look in each route Pokémon list

4. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Glimwood Tangle is Literal Dreamland

I think just as soon as you make it to the first Pokemon Center and can access Festival Plaza.

5. Italianbaptist

Italianbaptist Informed Casual

Started my game up, naming my character Battista. Picked Rowlet as my starter since I didn’t actually use him when I picked him in vanilla Sun. Also caught a Grubbin which is a new mon for me to use as well - it took me forever to find one in the original games. Hope to do the in-game trade for Hawlucha soon and bring over Ash-Greninja for a diverse team. (I know I can’t use A-G till later but I still want to use him ASAP)

6. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

How do you get the special Master Ball they're offering? I registered my copy of Ultra Moon to game sync but I don't really understand how to get the Master Ball

7. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You don't. The code won't be distributed until late January.

8. Stone Dragon

Stone Dragon Well-Known Member

Can you get more than 1 Lucky Egg this time or nah? Are there better training methods?

9. oarfish

oarfish #1 Lanturn Owner

Hey people, I have a quick question.
    I understand that you can refuse taking the Poipole at first and then return later and SR for it. Can you do the same with the Type: Null, or do you need to take it (or can you refuse it, but then not have another chance to get it)?

Thank you very much.

EDIT: Ok, it appears that you cannot move further into that part of the game without taking that Type: Null. Oh well, I still have my shiny Type: Null on my Sun version and those shiny event Silvallys there as well. I can always SR for more shiny versions of them on my Moon (and possibly Ultra Moon) versions.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  10. The Red Thunder

The Red Thunder Backwards thinking?

Two questions about this game, and please bear in mind I have yet to actually play it. It's more of a curiosity, and I've read opposing information about it, so I'd like a more clear and definitive answer on how this works.

1.) I've read that there's a system called "Roto Loto", and one of the effects is a 50% EXP boost for 10 minutes. Is it possible to give myself this effect on demand, like I could with the EXP O-Powers? Moreover, does it stack with all the other EXP boosting effects?
    2.) Can I get more than one Lucky Egg in a single playthrough, or do I have to trade more in?

The reason I ask is because EXP Grinding in Sun and Moon is barely better than Third Gen, and I'm wondering if/how it's been improved in the new installments. If the answer ends up falling into spoiler territory, then feel free to PM me the answer.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  11. Hasty

Hasty Moonside

Minor question: Did they fix the speed of the PC boxes in these games? Going through the boxes in SM was really slow for some reason, while in XY and ORAS it was super-fast.

12. T.W.I.

T.W.I. Undercover Rocket

Somewhat a general gameplay question, but considering I’m looking for this possible npc in US atm I’ll ask.

Is there an npc that tells you the date and or Pokemon used to complete trials? Something like the hall of fame? I know bw (or bw2?) had the date stamped in the trainer case or something, and in ORAS there was a girl in moss deep that told you the gym team you used. Also, do those types of Npcs/records exist in any other game?

13. KalosChampion

KalosChampion Well-Known Member

I beat Hau in Paniola Town but now I'm not sure how to get to the next place I need to go. I guess I should remember from Sun and Moon but I don't haha.

14. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

15. Requiem Aeternam

Requiem Aeternam Dance like an eggplant!

Can you buy Thunderstones and, if so, where?

16. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

17. Satoshi & Touko

I'm playing Ultra Moon and therefore my time is, you know. And I have my 3DS's time set at proper time and do not wish to change it. Does this mean in my game I have to get my Own Tempo Rockruff to Level 25 at 5-5:59AM in my game?

18. PokeAmi

PokeAmi Well-Known Member

Is there any other way to get the special rockruff event without getting a code from the game shop? I preordered my ultra sun copy from gamestop but they hadn't heard about the rockruff code. I really though I would get it, but... :(

19. Munchy

Munchy =)

This is what I'd like to know as well, getting close to evolving my Rockruff.

All you need to do is connect to the Internet via Mystery Gift and you'll get the Rockruff.

20. Satoshi & Touko

The EXP Boost from Rotoloto can be activated on demand from the overworld. Just go to your bag and activate one (once you get some of course).

You don't need a code. I got mine just by going onto Mystery Gift and getting it via internet.