1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest
    As I'm sure you're well aware, sites aren't free to run and so we run leaderboard adverts to fund the site. These ads are often specific game ones run by Sega etc.
    To make sure we get relevant ads as much as possible, could you fill out this survey my ad network is running? It's 100% anonymous and will just help us keep relevant ads on the site
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/8GL2ZTK
    It's open til April 3rd
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

If the mother has the HA then I'm sure for it. Otherwise it's 60%.

2. the ash man83

the ash man83 Avid TCG Fan

My Google-fu has failed me so far with this question.

Hypothetically speaking, say I had a Pokemon I was EV training. It currently has 6 HP EVs, 251 Attack EVs, and 252 Speed EVs. I then decide to go battle a Beedrill for the remaining EV. However, Beedrill gives 3 EVs when defeated (2 for Attack and 1 for Special Defense). Which of these 3 takes priority? Is it random?

3. Trainer Frankie

Trainer Frankie Nostalgia.

So I recently learned that a pokémon's base friendship is dependent on their species according to

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_base_friendship

the above Bulbapedia page. This true and if I'm understanding it correctly, my celebi has already 100 base friendship?

If that's the case will every time I trade it its base friendship go right to 100? It mentioned that friendship is saved only for ot, but what if say in my Sun I get its fiendship to 255 and trade it to my Ultra Sun and then trade it back to my Sun again. It won't be 255 anymore and will be 100?

EDITT: Also this applies to all gen 7 games?

4. Mega Altaria

Because the Celebi will likely won't have the same OT as both of your games, if you trade it between two Gen 7 games, then in both trades it will reset its friendship to 100. It's a mechanic that exists in all Gen 7 games.

5. Trainer Frankie

Ok so only ot (not by name but by that number) will keep the friendship status. Whenever I trade it otherwise will bring it right to 100.

Dang, was hoping (before I learned that pokemon base friendship depended on the species) it would just be at 0 and then I'd just tack on frustration. Now for either I'd always have to work with friendship after a trade (though frustration would be easier I think by fainting to 20 pokemon that are 30 levels or more than my pokémon).

6. Mega Altaria

I'm quite sure the game will take into consideration both the player name and the Trainer ID for the OT.

7. Trainer Frankie

Right. Basically the same conditions that allow for a nickname to be changed, right?

Also since you're helping I was wondering if you are able to help with a question regarding gen 2. If you might be able to help I asked a question in the gen 2 help thread (I won't bring it up here) and maybe you know the answer and could let me know there? Just been waiting for a while and no one seems to know or check that part of forum so trying to get help asap.

8. Mega Altaria

Yes, these are the same mechanics that determine if you can change a Pokémon's nickname or not.

9. NidokingJ

NidokingJ Addicted2Pokemon

Hello all, currently trying to chain up some good nature dittos, ive chained about 12+ dittos now only 2 being good natures i want. Im currently trying to get timid/jolly natures but am really having some trouble. Question is, Is synchronize 50 percent ? as long as i have my synchronize out as the new ditto spawns? Im not having any luck with these natures im beginnning to believe the substitute i have out in front of my synchronize pokemon is preventing? Its been to long for me to lose allll rolls on 50%... some confirmation would be nice.

10. Mega Altaria

Synchronize has a 50% of having the wild encountered Pokémon having the same Nature as the Synchronize Pokémon when it is in the first slot of the party. During SOS battles, where Synchronize can be activated even if the Pokémon isn't in the first slot in the party, you must have the Synchronize Pokémon out in battle to Synchronize Natures to called Pokémon, where the 50% effect remains the same, but there is a bug where if the Synchronize Pokémon isn't the first Pokémon in the party then the Nature of the called Pokémon will be Synchronized with the Nature of the first Pokémon of the party. It still works if the Ability Synchronize is nullified using Role Play or Skill Swap or if the first Pokémon in the party is fainted.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  11. NidokingJ

NidokingJ Addicted2Pokemon

So let’s say I get the chain to 30 and I’m ready to catch, I switch out to my synchronize Pokémon and use substitute/ finish off the ditto, the next ditto is called and since my synchronize pokemon is out it’s the first party slot and the ditto just called has 50 % chance to get timid (nature currently hunting) I’ve tried quite a few times and never get it, can I really be this unlucky? Is it the first party mom before I enter battle as well? Should I run synchronize as my first dude then switch, chain then swiTch back out when I’m ready to catch?

12. Mega Altaria

So what is the Nature of your Synchronizer? If it is Timid, then you have to have it healthy in the first slot of your party to Synchronize Timid otherwise if your Synchronizer isn't in the first slot and the Nature of the Pokémon in the first slot is Bashful but you switch in your Synchronizer to Synchronize subsequent allies then you'll be Synchronizing for Bashful rather than Timid, so you might have been Synchronizing for a different Nature by accident. But you can have another Pokémon with the Timid Nature in the first slot so you can Synchronize the allies's Natures to be Timid with your Synchronizer. So that means your Synchronizer has to be unfainted and the Nature of the first Pokémon in your party has to be Timid and it doesn't matter if it is the Synchronizer or not. As long as the ally has been called while your Synchronizer is in battle it is Synchronized to have the Nature of the Pokémon originally in the first slot and you may switch out to catch that Pokémon when you're ready.

13. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Was it ever stated HOW Necrozma lost it's original form?

14. Ariki

Ariki Well-Known Member

I’d like to know this too. Theories?

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  15. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Let's see, maybe it was the origin of light in Alola and it used it's power to create the sun (we have Pokemon gods that rule time and space and Pokemon that created the oceans and continents so why not?) and then was forced to steal Ultra Megalopolis' light to sustain itself. Or maybe it was light only existed in one dimension and it was forced to steal it to bring light to other dimensions kind of like back and forth...

I really wish it was explained. It would make sense it if was apart of Solgaleo and/or Lunala from the getgo, because if not, then why shouldn't be able to steal light from ANY Pokemon instead of just those two.

16. shoz999

shoz999 It's a Brooklyn episode. So turn on the subtitles.

Actually I think this was explained. If I recall the world where the Ultra Recon Squad came from a world that abused Ultra Necrozma's power that caused the world's light to go out forcing there world to abuse Necrozma even further as a sort of artificial sun. I can't remember exactly but I do recall that the Ultra Recon Squad's world did something horrible to Necrozma, ending the sun.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  17. Chiaki Bunny

Chiaki Bunny Get In The Bag, Nebby!

Hello, a Pokémon nub here. I'm currently in the process of catching an Eevee (or two) in Route 4 to eventually evolve it into both an Espeon and Umbreon.

With the exception of Modest or Timid for Espeon and Calm or Careful for Umbreon, what other "Natures" would be suitable/viable for them? It'll take ages to find the "perfect" Nature for my (female) Eevee(s). :oops:

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  18. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

Maybe someone can help me out here with PokeBank.

I've been working on a LivingDex, and I can't send Pokemon from Bank to my ORAS games. And I'm talking about Pokemon that should be able to be sent to ORAS (i.e. Bulbasaur with it's base moves). How do I fix this?

19. Mega Altaria

Did you try sending a Pokémon from Sun and Moon or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon back to ORAS? You cannot send a Pokémon from a later generation game to a game of a previous generation.

20. Golden_Arcanine

Golden_Arcanine Well-Known Member

Yeah. Like I have a Bulbasaur that has just Tackle and it won't let me send it from PokeBank to ORAS.