• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

PokeAmi

You don't need a code. I got mine just by going onto Mystery Gift and getting it via internet.

Yeah, I just checked and got it. For some reason I thought you needed a code to get it. But, thank you! :)

kinvara

pokemon legend
one question ive got the item the left pokeball who do i give it to on ula ula island it has a pokemon in it one of the starters but i dont know what girl or where on the island to give it to this is one of the mini side quests any one know who i have to dump this pokemon on

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know how to battle Lana in Ultra Moon? I'm after the girlish battle style, but every time I go into her house, her sisters don't challenge you like in Sun and Moon.

one question ive got the item the left pokeball who do i give it to on ula ula island it has a pokemon in it one of the starters but i dont know what girl or where on the island to give it to this is one of the mini side quests any one know who i have to dump this pokemon on

The girl is to the left of the library on Ula'ula island. :)

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Apologies if this has been asked already, but does anyone know how to battle Lana in Ultra Moon? I'm after the girlish battle style, but every time I go into her house, her sisters don't challenge you like in Sun and Moon.

The lgirl is to the left of the library on Ula'ula island. :)

Have you gone into the back room of her house? That's what it says to do on Serebii's page.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but it's possible trade battle bond greninja/Ash-greninja from SM to USUM?

You can but right now it has to be done via trade until Pokebank is updated. I have him on my team but haven’t used him yet to see if there are any changes.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Yep, her sisters are there, but when you talk to them nothing happens.

Did you already battle Olivia and beat her? In order to battle the trial captains in the original SM games, you had to battle Olivia and beat her before you could.

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
Did you already battle Olivia and beat her? In order to battle the trial captains in the original SM games, you had to battle Olivia and beat her before you could.

Yep, I'm just getting my team ready to challenge Acerola's trial.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
If I transfer over Lv100 Pokemon from Moon, obviously they won't obey me during the main game, but will they obey me during Battle Royal seeing as it's similar to a Battle Facility?

EDIT: Just tried it. They DO obey you. Just a shame the Battle Royal AI is just as bullying as ever.

Last edited:

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Mostly trying to plan things in advance, but I do have a few things I need clarification on since I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the part of the story where I gain access to the ultra wormholes. From my understanding, is shininess for wild pokémon determined the moment I leave through the wormhole and land in the portal? And if so, is it the same for if I enter a portal with an UB/legendary in it? Or will I be able to soft reset for the UBs/legendaries?

(I do plan to start shiny hunting a few UBs/legendaries after I beat the game, so yeah.)

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Mostly trying to plan things in advance, but I do have a few things I need clarification on since I'm pretty sure I'm nearing the part of the story where I gain access to the ultra wormholes. From my understanding, is shininess for wild pokémon determined the moment I leave through the wormhole and land in the portal? And if so, is it the same for if I enter a portal with an UB/legendary in it? Or will I be able to soft reset for the UBs/legendaries?

(I do plan to start shiny hunting a few UBs/legendaries after I beat the game, so yeah.)

For regular Pokemon shininess is set when you enter the wormhole so you can soft reset for an ideal nature without losing it. For legendaries you need to SR normally.

KalosChampion

I'm having trouble beating Araquanid. I have Brionne, Oricorio, Rockruff, and a Fomantis and a Grubbin that both need some training. Does anyone have suggestions on where to train and how to handle Araquanid?

Satoshi & Touko

I'm having trouble beating Araquanid. I have Brionne, Oricorio, Rockruff, and a Fomantis and a Grubbin that both need some training. Does anyone have suggestions on where to train and how to handle Araquanid?

Ooh! How about catching a Spearow, trading it with the Lass inside the Pokemon Center near the first trial site for her Hawlucha, and leveling it up to say, 25 maybe? Teach it a decent Flying-type move and then go and get the Flying-type Z-crystal for the Hawlucha. You might be able to nuke the Araquanid in one hit with Supersonic Skystrike.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
There's an in-game trade for Noibat in the Center nearer to the Trial site who takes Lillipup. Flyinium Z is in Ten Carat Hill, so you can boost Wing Attack with that.

Roto Boost is a good power to use if you have one.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
So how can you get the two-Z-moves Rotom power? I've been talking to him and raising up friendship, do I just keep doing that?

Zeeloid

Can anyone help find the female hair styles for ultra moon. The male hair is available on the main site but not the girl. Help plz?

Satoshi & Touko

Can anyone help find the female hair styles for ultra moon. The male hair is available on the main site but not the girl. Help plz?

I don't have pictures, but I can tell you what they are:

Chin-length bob
Short and bobbed
Long and straight
Medium and wavy
Romantic tuck
Long and wavy
Braided tails (new to USUM)
Cornrow-braided bun
Flipped-out bob (new to USUM)
High pigtails: (available postgame)

It's all of Sun and Moon's hairstyles plus two new ones.