1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

Do you have Battle Video codes? Would be easiest to identify what's going on there. Otherwise, maybe Trick Room was active?

2. Team Volt Grunt

Team Volt Grunt Pokémon Collector

What attacks were being used?

3. Joeorp

Joeorp New Member

In one of the battles it used Power Gem on the first turn and outsped Jolly Talonflame, second turn it used Sludge Wave and outsped Jolly Tapu Koko, third turn it used Power Gem and outsped Scarf Landorus. I made sure Trick Room wasn't active. Was in Rating Battles, not sure if special rules are active or not.

4. Sceptile Leaf Blade

What are the stats of your pokémon? Did you EV train them? A Tapu Koko without any EV training is actually slower than an EV trained Nihilego, even when Tapu Koko is Jolly. Same with Adamant Scarf Landorus (assuming Therian form).

You can check the EVs by going to the summary screen and pressing the Y button.

5. Joeorp

Joeorp New Member

Hey, I believe I figured out what's happening, it's the 15% random variable that keeps getting me. I just had my Tailwind Groudon get outsped by a Scarf Kyorge. It seems my RNG is extremely bad, for these things to happen, my speed stat would have to be getting close to -15% during calculations while my opponents are getting close to +15%. :/

6. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Speed stats don't work like that. There's no randomisation for them, it's just damage that has a range. Seriously, if something like this happens, save the battle video and share it here so we can actually see what's going on. Preferably together with summary screenshots of your pokémon (show stats, IV judge, EV graph, and items)

7. TrainerRemy

TrainerRemy New Member

So this has probably been asked a million times, so I didn't wanna start a thread on it. But do you need to trade Noibat in order to evolve it? If so, could you tell me where I can find a Flying type? Still on Melemele (the first island), and am looking for a good Flying type to round out my team. (This is just my team for the game, not for competitive battling).

8. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko Ayla going to the Kingdom! :D

No. Noibat evolves by leveling it to 48.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  9. Devonxd

Devonxd New Member

Hello I am new to this forum and I just do not know what were wrong. I have to add that I tried to hatch a golden magikarp. I don't really know when this fish ever be a shiny. I did masuda method and I have the shiny charm and egg charm or something like this. I did everything what was in instruction. First I saved the game pokemon ultra moon, then after that I put in the nursery a japanese ditto with an english magikarp, then I collected 30 eggs and removed one of parents, after this I hatched all eggs and any of them weren't shiny. So I had to repeat the process. I have one question. During hatching 30 eggs of dumny magikarp do I have to release non shiny eggs or just keep them in the box and I only have 4 empty boxes ? Previously I did the swap breeding. I get a shiny magikarp in 44th egg, then I just soft reset and swapped the magikarp with a froakie hatched 44 eggs and tada I got a shiny froakie. Any help and advice will be appreciated.

10. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

You're not doing anything wrong. Shiny breeding is rolling a dice that's heavily, heavily loaded against you, every time, even with the odds multipliers. You could get one on the first try, you could hatch a thousand eggs and potentially never get one. There's no advice other than to keep trying.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  11. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Still miss you, Lorne. Staff Member

Moving this over to the Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon Help thread.

12. Devonxd

Devonxd New Member

Thank you for quick reply. ;)

13. Kisuke-kun

Kisuke-kun New Member

Hello, just signed up. I have a problem that i can't seem to solve, can't find anything by googling, reddit wasn't any help either, so here i am (copy-pasting said reddit post)

I started playing Ultra Sun after a long time and my rare kitchens have stopped working for some reason. I've waited for a day to pass and tried rearranging them in my festival plaza but nothing's changed. Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

EDIT: I changed the date and time on my systems but that did nothing. I also spent 6000 coins for a new kitchen to see if that would fix the problem, but i'm still unable to buy anything, looks like they are permanently glitched for me.

Before this problem surfaced, i put my Ultra Sun on a different 3ds and did a link trade with my Moon copy on my own 2ds, and afterwards i could meet my own avatar in festival plaza. I have no idea why that would specifically mess up only my rare kitchens, but it's the only explanation i can come up with. Roto Loto seems to be dead as well btw.

Does that ring a bell for any of you?

Commander L. Halsti likes this.
  14. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Every time you change system or change the time on your 3DS all facilities on festival plaza are disabled for a couple of days, I think it's two days starting the first time you saved after changing the time or the system.

15. Kisuke-kun

Kisuke-kun New Member

My other facilities are working just fine though. I'll try waiting a few days for now.

16. janejane6178

janejane6178 XY over SM (ew) ANYDAY!!!! <3 (Anything actually)

Hi, in which point in the game I get introduced to wi fi plaze?

17. te0001lm

te0001lm Well-Known Member

If my memory holds, I believe you can access it upon reaching the first Pokémon center.

janejane6178 likes this.
  18. janejane6178

Hm I already reached it but unfortunately havent accessed it =[

19. te0001lm

te0001lm Well-Known Member

Ah. Give it a try. Hope I am not wrong about it.

20. janejane6178

Maybe its only in SM. Im Playing Ultra Moon, maybe its different there?