• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Pokefan_1987

#1 Biggest self proclaimed Rotom-Dex hater.
It's been a while since i posted but alolan meowth has been a big nuisance ever since tuesday all week i was trying to raise raise it's affection. I have given it several Iomi massages, given a few rainbow pokemon (with the red yellow green blue with white stars) and it was lvl 26 and now reaching lvl 42 and still won't evolve.

I checked the happiness rater and it has the second highest rank possible. Is Meowth one of those rare few that need to be completely maxed out in terms of friendship?
If so it really lives up to it's fussy description in the alolan pokedex. (4000-3000 experience requirements is a lot for a cat under lvl 50)

Houka

Alolan Meowth Evolves through Happiness. Most Pokemon evolve through Happiness need like 220+ points to there Happiness. You might just be blow that, as the 2ed highest rate is 200-250. I usually just run around and wait til the checker state the highest.

Pokefan_1987

Ho hi again looking for advice regarding Ultra Beasts. How do you neutralize aura boost the initial Ultra Beasts battle without killing them (Not the Beast Boost) that boosts a individual stat if you're trying to capture a Ultra Beast you don't have. Does Haze work for example?

For me i wasn't quite prepared for how strong Discharge can be on a Xurkitree.

I'm probably going to need individual strategies for them, for example False Swipe doesn't work on Blacephalon if i remember correctly because of the Ghost typing.

Houka

It might I'm not sure but if ya keep your pokemon alive that should never happen.

Get a ground type, that will help with Electric moves but make sure it is high enough level.

As for Blacephalon, either rely oh just weakening and Sleep/Paralyze it or have a normal type with Scrappy or with few other abilities that change Normal type into another type.

Pokefan_1987

It might I'm not sure but if ya keep your pokemon alive that should never happen.

Get a ground type, that will help with Electric moves but make sure it is high enough level.

As for Blacephalon, either rely oh just weakening and Sleep/Paralyze it or have a normal type with Scrappy or with few other abilities that change Normal type into another type.
Could Soak on a pokemon like Tapu Fini work on Blacephalon? I already caught both 2 of the ones you find near the Poni Plains during progression but if i spot one on a Wormhole then i want to be sure. Lopunny or Miltank aren't good Scrappy users. and most others are hidden abilities.

Can Odor Sleuth work with False Swipe and does the Odor Sleuth user have to remain or else it wears off?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You're really making it far more complicated than it needs to be. Just bring their health down, yellow region is sufficient ( something like two Nature's Madness or one Tapunium Z-Move) and use a Beast Ball, they're not hard to catch at all. If you also have Roto Catch it's very close to a guaranteed catch even at half health without even applying status condition.

Last edited:

Houka

Could Soak on a pokemon like Tapu Fini work on Blacephalon? I already caught both 2 of the ones you find near the Poni Plains during progression but if i spot one on a Wormhole then i want to be sure. Lopunny or Miltank aren't good Scrappy users. and most others are hidden abilities.

Can Odor Sleuth work with False Swipe and does the Odor Sleuth user have to remain or else it wears off?
Yeah those should work too but like Sceptile said you don't have bring it's health all the way to red to catch them.