• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Those battles for the battle poses aren't available anymore until after you complete the main story.

That is most unfortunate. I quite enjoyed being able to be left handed in game like I am in real life. Oh well, thanks for the answer!

Ajduk

Did they increase the number of steps to hatch the egg or removed the effect of flame body on hatching because I swear that it takes a lot longer than in SM?

tommyrod

I've got a problem with my Rotom Dex, regarding Roto Loto.

Since i switched my game cartridge from one DS to another and back (for trading purposes), the Roto Loto doesn't show up anymore. Did anyone experience the same thing or does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Did they increase the number of steps to hatch the egg or removed the effect of flame body on hatching because I swear that it takes a lot longer than in SM?

I've done a lot of egg hatching in USUM so far and it seems to be the same to me.

I've got a problem with my Rotom Dex, regarding Roto Loto.

Since i switched my game cartridge from one DS to another and back (for trading purposes), the Roto Loto doesn't show up anymore. Did anyone experience the same thing or does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Switching your cartridge from one DS to another causes time-based events such as the Loto ID Center to become unavailable for a couple days. That might explain the issue you're having.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Got some (spoiler?) questions about battle agency and Giovanni:

- Can you scout him in the battle tree? I haven't seen him yet.
- Is he the boss every 10 levels in the agency? (only 13 atm)
- Can you reset the battle agency back to level 1? I haven't found any ranked people yet through plaza, and I don't feel like hunting down people online. I'd be happy if I could just reset every 13ish levels (it's beatable with level 50 partners, but it's getting difficult). I'm afraid that place will eventually be boring cause you'll have to sweep with 1 pokemon without any good partners.

DanielS

Did they make leveling up harder in ultra moon? I beat Sophocles and my team is barely in the mid 30s or is it my team (aerodactyl dragonair growlithe arbok snorlax)

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Did they make leveling up harder in ultra moon? I beat Sophocles and my team is barely in the mid 30s or is it my team (aerodactyl dragonair growlithe arbok snorlax)

Eh, I think leveling up is generally the same as in SM, only with Roto Loto being able to help out once in a while.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor

depends on factors like Exp. Share, trade bonuses, grinding, party growth rates

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I'm having trouble evolving my Inkay. He's in his level 60s and I haven't been able to evolve him yet. You just turn the 3DS upside down, right? I just beat the main storyline with an Inkay on my team.

Also how do I find the Meowth that the guy is looking for near Hau'oli City on Melemele Island?

And the third or so ditto for Kioli City, I believe, on the second island. Where the police officer just outside the city is hunting down dittos.

BCVM22

Your 3DS has to be upside-down specifically as Inkay levels up.

The Meowth is hiding under the truck parked in front of the hotel on Route 2. Interact with the front of the truck.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
Your 3DS has to be upside-down specifically as Inkay levels up.

The Meowth is hiding under the truck parked in front of the hotel on Route 2. Interact with the front of the truck.

Thanks!

I already found that meowth there, but it ran away. How do I find it after that?

Dr. Eeviil

So what's the deal with Pikachu Valley? I got Ash's Pikachu, and the Pikachunium Z. Now I've been playing with one of the wild ones, and it's wriggling with joy, and following me around with hearts popping out. But that seems to be the extent of it. Can you tame one and get it to come with you? I've been working that one for a good ten minutes.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So what's the deal with Pikachu Valley? I got Ash's Pikachu, and the Pikachunium Z. Now I've been playing with one of the wild ones, and it's wriggling with joy, and following me around with hearts popping out. But that seems to be the extent of it. Can you tame one and get it to come with you? I've been working that one for a good ten minutes.

You can't get one of the Pikachu to go with you, just interact with them like all the other interactable Pokemon.

There is the quiz though where you can earn the Pikachu cosplay, if you haven't done that.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
And the third or so ditto for Kioli City, I believe, on the second island. Where the police officer just outside the city is hunting down dittos.

Talk to the officer in the back of the station to trigger the next Ditto appearance. He'll tell you who they are

DanielS

Is poni plains post game? I'm trying to lvl up my team (currently at PO town lvl 36ish) and I heard blissey sos can be found there and was planning on using that method

BCVM22

I don't know if there's any physical barrier preventing you from getting there before the postgame, but it's definitely meant to be a postgame area, going by the levels of the trainers scattered about.

https://www.serebii.net/pokearth/alola/poniplains.shtml

If your team is only at/around Level 36, Po Town and the challenges therein are going to be an issue for you.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
It's hiding at the base of the tree near the child just south of the hotel, I believe.

Oh, okay. Thank you. I thought you could only search that route.

Talk to the officer in the back of the station to trigger the next Ditto appearance. He'll tell you who they are

The third one is very vague. It just talks about people in the city. I still need help.

What are the exact specifications to evolve inkay into malamar? Does he have to level up at the end of the battle? (still stuck)

How do you change the controls for Ultra-Wormhole running?

BCVM22

Oh, okay. Thank you. I thought you could only search that route.

The route isn't very big - talk to the child across the way from the old man's house if you're really lost. Meowth only hides in two places.

What are the exact specifications to evolve inkay into malamar?

Your 3DS needs to be physically upside down in those seconds where the experience bar fills up and dings and the game tells you Inkay has leveled up.

R_N

I'm doing the ditto sidequest right now. I know each one has different pre-set IVs, does anyone know which ditto has which IVs? I'd like to mark them for ease of use later.