• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Okay....
Why do I keep getting "Registration failed" when trying to register another player as an VIP?
I wanted to register somebody who was offering a 5 star Rare Kitchen.... but I couldn't.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
I got a Blacephalon with Quiet nature from my girlfriend. Is it a usable nature or do i have to try something else? I dunno where else to ask.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's not the best nature for it. A Sp.Atk boosting nature like Quiet is really good but Blacephalon is very frail and it does want that speed. If you can get it going in doubles with something like Tailwind support it can still work though, it's not completely unusable.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
It's not the best nature for it. A Sp.Atk boosting nature like Quiet is really good but Blacephalon is very frail and it does want that speed. If you can get it going in doubles with something like Tailwind support it can still work though, it's not completely unusable.

Not sure when and if i'm using it in doubles but when i do, Tailwind is definitely an option. For now i am using it in-game and therefore, in singles. So max investment in speed and a choice scarf could work i guess?

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
For the Alola photo club, am I able to (at any point) insert more than one of my Pokemon into a photo? I've seen a few photos of full teams floating around the internet, but I wake sure if those were photoshopped or real? Or s it maybe a feature only activated at certain events like becoming champion?

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
For the Alola photo club, am I able to (at any point) insert more than one of my Pokemon into a photo? I've seen a few photos of full teams floating around the internet, but I wake sure if those were photoshopped or real? Or s it maybe a feature only activated at certain events like becoming champion?

I've become Champion and I don't seem to have a way to have my entire team in a photo.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Okay....
Why do I keep getting "Registration failed" when trying to register another player as an VIP?
I wanted to register somebody who was offering a 5 star Rare Kitchen.... but I couldn't.

either your settings for connection to friends, VIP or guests isnt set to enable or they have it disabled. there's also might be a minimum required plaza level (lvl 8 if im correct) before you can do that. i remember trying to register my Sun player on my UM file but it wouldnt work. i raised my level higher to get shops from others and i was able to VIP my Sun player.

are there any tips for the mantine surf on best way to build up speed? i havent really tried it too much as ive been practicing the wormhole surfing alot lately (and they both show).

Last edited:

BCVM22

Slalom up and down the waves, changing direction rapidly enough that you don't lose the aura. Your aura goes from white to yellow to white and yellow to orange, orange being the fastest. It's actually fairly easy once you get the hang of it.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Is there any foreseeable update for Pokémon Bank so we could store all the Totem pokémon in there? I can't store Totem Marowak in there for instance.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
are there any tips for the mantine surf on best way to build up speed? i havent really tried it too much as ive been practicing the wormhole surfing alot lately (and they both show).

I've only done it the initial time so far because I've been busy collecting things before I spend time surfing and flying through the wormhole, but I noticed that going all the way up the wave, coming down and immediately turning to go back up helps build up speed. Don't waste your time surfing across the flat water. You want to be able to come back down the wave with some of the speed from your last ride down.

Is there any foreseeable update for Pokémon Bank so we could store all the Totem pokémon in there? I can't store Totem Marowak in there for instance.

I'd actually be pretty surprised. I'm guessing this is going to be a mechanic that won't be carried over to the next generation. Can the Totems be traded or used in online battles?

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I've only done it the initial time so far because I've been busy collecting things before I spend time surfing and flying through the wormhole, but I noticed that going all the way up the wave, coming down and immediately turning to go back up helps build up speed. Don't waste your time surfing across the flat water. You want to be able to come back down the wave with some of the speed from your last ride down.

I'd actually be pretty surprised. I'm guessing this is going to be a mechanic that won't be carried over to the next generation. Can the Totems be traded or used in online battles?

They CAN be traded. I traded the ones from ultra moon to ultra sun. It should be battleable, as long as you're facing someone with USUM. It might work in the old games too, though, because they have the same base stats and ability as their regular form.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

thank you for the replies. im just not used to the movements needed in the wave game. its taken me a while dial in the limits in the wormhole searching agility and the mantine surf will be a similar experience.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
By the Malie Community Center, there's an old man that talks about walking to places on the side walk in a specific order. I did the order correctly but he doesn't seem to give me anything/nothing special happens. Is there more to this?

EDIT: Tired it again but this time stepped on the White Square in front of him "where you start" even though it's omitted form his speech. This triggered the reward of 5 Max Repels.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

I think there's restrictions with some of the Totem-sized Pokemon. Only the ones based on Totem Pokemon in the original S/M (Gumshoos, Raticate, Lurantis, Salazzle, Vikavolt, Mimikyu, Kommo-o) can be put in Pokemon Bank. The ones based on US/UM Totems (Araquanid, Marowak, Togedemaru, Ribombee) can't be deposited into Pokemon Bank since their coding doesn't exist in S/M.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think there's restrictions with some of the Totem-sized Pokemon. Only the ones based on Totem Pokemon in the original S/M (Gumshoos, Raticate, Lurantis, Salazzle, Vikavolt, Mimikyu, Kommo-o) can be put in Pokemon Bank. The ones based on US/UM Totems (Araquanid, Marowak, Togedemaru, Ribombee) can't be deposited into Pokemon Bank since their coding doesn't exist in S/M.

I can understand that, but the weird thing is that new pokémon like Blacephalon and Dusk Lycanroc can be put in Pokémon Bank just fine, so there's no real reason why the new Totem forms wouldn't be able to.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Kind of an out of the blue question, but does the Switcheroo shop in Festival Plaza go up to 5-stars or is it only 3? Serebii main page for Festival Plaza doesn't appear to have the "stars" information for Switcheroo.

sontoriginyu

im trying to breed secret sword onto an oshawott. my smeargle is male and knows it and my female oshawott is in the daycare ive bred ten oshawotts and none have secret sword. am i missing something

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
im trying to breed secret sword onto an oshawott. my smeargle is male and knows it and my female oshawott is in the daycare ive bred ten oshawotts and none have secret sword. am i missing something
Does the total of Egg Moves you're trying to breed exceed 4? That is, does the Oshawott or the Smeargle know too many moves that the offspring can know? You could be forcing the game to choose which moves to scrap.

Otherwise, it's probably a glitch.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

Which moves do the Oshawott know when hatching? Which moves does the mother know? When the total number of moves an offspring would learn exceeds four the game first tries to fill the moveset with Egg moves passed down by the mother. If any slots are left it'll start adding Egg moves from the father, and finally it'll add the level-0 moves to any remaining slots. If the mother knows a lot of Egg moves there might not be space left on Oshawott's moveset to get Sacred Sword, so you'd need to delete some moves from the mother. Also, Secret Sword is a Keldeo-only move. I think Smeargle can get it, but Oshawott only gets Sacred Sword, which is a different move. Make sure you're trying to pass down Sacred Sword, not Secret Sword. Finally, are you breeding in Sun/Moon or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon? Sacred Sword is only an Egg move for Oshawott in Ultra.