• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

nel3

Crimson Dragon
does anyone have any tips to farm/thief razor claws from the janjmo-o like in the game? im running a compound eye vivilon with thief as one ofthe moves. im planning to give it full HP/DEF EVs for the SOS farming method. its a bit difficult as the boosting stats of the opponent do wear out the vivilon with the stat drops on my side and their boosting stats. im at lvl 100 vivilion but drops and crits do KO it after a while. im not looking to 1HKO the opponent more that thief the items. im more for compound eyes than soundproof atm for the 20% wild held items. what are the strategies that other players use? i can go for sound proof but is it any easier with the 5% wild held items?

i know my plans for the EVs isnt normal but its just for item stealing with vivilon.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
does anyone have any tips to farm/thief razor claws from the janjmo-o like in the game? im running a compound eye vivilon with thief as one ofthe moves. im planning to give it full HP/DEF EVs for the SOS farming method. its a bit difficult as the boosting stats of the opponent do wear out the vivilon with the stat drops on my side and their boosting stats. im at lvl 100 vivilion but drops and crits do KO it after a while. im not looking to 1HKO the opponent more that thief the items. im more for compound eyes than soundproof atm for the 20% wild held items. what are the strategies that other players use? i can go for sound proof but is it any easier with the 5% wild held items?

i know my plans for the EVs isnt normal but its just for item stealing with vivilon.

In Sun and Moon people used to use Mimikyu because it's immune to both Dragon Claw and Hakamo-o's Headbutt, but in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon that's no longer necessary because the wild pokémon have slightly higher levels. If you go to the outside region closest to the Dragon trial site (just outside the cave where the Flamethrower TM is, on the west side of the main path), the lowest level Hakamo-o and Kommo-o you get through SOS is 43 and they already don't know Headbutt anymore, so the only offensive move you'll encounter is Dragon Claw.

So essentially, first bring either Butterfree or Compoundeyes Venonat in and use Skill Swap. Then switch in a Fairy type pokémon that can use both Thief/Covet and Skill Swap and Skill Swap Compoundeyes on your Fairy type. Then simply start chaining. Gardevoir, Ribombee, and Sylveon are all Fairy types that get that combination. There are also some other fairy types that can use Role Play instead of Skill Swap (for instance Mr. Mime can use Trick with Role Play) to obtain the Compoundeyes.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
In Sun and Moon people used to use Mimikyu because it's immune to both Dragon Claw and Hakamo-o's Headbutt, but in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon that's no longer necessary because the wild pokémon have slightly higher levels. If you go to the outside region closest to the Dragon trial site (just outside the cave where the Flamethrower TM is, on the west side of the main path), the lowest level Hakamo-o and Kommo-o you get through SOS is 43 and they already don't know Headbutt anymore, so the only offensive move you'll encounter is Dragon Claw.

So essentially, first bring either Butterfree or Compoundeyes Venonat in and use Skill Swap. Then switch in a Fairy type pokémon that can use both Thief/Covet and Skill Swap and Skill Swap Compoundeyes on your Fairy type. Then simply start chaining. Gardevoir, Ribombee, and Sylveon are all Fairy types that get that combination. There are also some other fairy types that can use Role Play instead of Skill Swap (for instance Mr. Mime can use Trick with Role Play) to obtain the Compoundeyes.

thank you very much, it'll take a bit for me to settle the pokemon but thats a rather useful trick. i got the Gardevoir though i'll need skill swap on it, i have 1 for battle, one to deal with wormhole legends (hypnosis/t-wave/confusion) but not a skill swap version atm. i just need a compound eyes skill swapper now. i havent really used skill swap much at all in any set so i didnt consider that option.

Hasty

Moonside
If I catch every Legendary Pokemon except one in the Wormholes of a specific color, will I have a higher chance to encounter the one missing Legendary by entering a Wormhole of the same color when I want to catch it at a later date? Or will I just encounter more of the random Pokemon in Ultra Wilds?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If I catch every Legendary Pokemon except one in the Wormholes of a specific color, will I have a higher chance to encounter the one missing Legendary by entering a Wormhole of the same color when I want to catch it at a later date? Or will I just encounter more of the random Pokemon in Ultra Wilds?

I think it first rolls between legendary and non-legendary pokémon and only after that determines which legendary or non-legendary it is. So even if there's only one legendary left in that colour wormhole you still have a the same chance of finding a legendary, it'll just be guaranteed to be that last one you're missing.

Hasty

Moonside
I think it first rolls between legendary and non-legendary pokémon and only after that determines which legendary or non-legendary it is. So even if there's only one legendary left in that colour wormhole you still have a the same chance of finding a legendary, it'll just be guaranteed to be that last one you're missing.

That's what I was looking for, thank you!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Does anyone have a list of all interactable things and characters in the Ultra Ruin?

What I found so far:
- the character at the beginning (obviously :p) that tells you about the stuff you find
- Guzzlord :p
- the leaking water
- the blue screen
- the relocation notice
- the city sign
- the photo spot
- the poster

Did I overlook something?

That's a photo spot? All that happens is that Rotom just talks about how this place is a mess.

I do notice that as you find things, you can ask the man in the hazmat suit about more things. I've searched around everywhere myself, and this is what I have:
1. Tell me about Guzzlord
2. What's that leaking machine?
3. So, that damaged screen...
4. What's up with that suit?
5. What are all those cards?
6. That power plant poster...
7. I found a faded sign...
8. What does Guzzlord eat?

#8, by the way, comes from examining Guzzlord's leftovers after you've defeated or captured it. Check the spot where Guzzlord was standing before.

Arcadius

I have Ultra Moon. So, stupid me obliviously evolved Cosmeom into Lunala and only realized after that I should have done it in the reverse world. Now I have 2 Lunalas. Are there any other way to get Solgaleo? I can't request for it in the GTS since I haven't encountered one yet, and I doubt Wonder Trade will do me any good.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I have Ultra Moon. So, stupid me obliviously evolved Cosmeom into Lunala and only realized after that I should have done it in the reverse world. Now I have 2 Lunalas. Are there any other way to get Solgaleo? I can't request for it in the GTS since I haven't encountered one yet, and I doubt Wonder Trade will do me any good.

Sadly Solgaleo is exclusive to Ultra Sun players, entering the Reverse World will not change Cosmeom evolving into Lunala in Ultra Moon. However if you want to search for a Pokemon that you have not seen on your Pokedex on the GTS, you can select "What Pokemon?" and type in the Pokemon's name (Solgaleo in this case).

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

You can't get Solgaleo any way directly in Ultra Moon, even if you evolve it in the reverse world it'll still turn into Lunala. You have to trade for Solgaleo. Just go to the bottom, beneath the letters, in the GTS, and just type in Solgaleo, you can get it that way.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Are Druddigon likely to call for help when SOS battling? When I looked at Druddigon's page it said that it can't call partners, btu in Resolution Cave's page it says it has Druddigon in initial SOS slot, so it must should be able to call for help.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Are Druddigon likely to call for help when SOS battling? When I looked at Druddigon's page it said that it can't call partners, btu in Resolution Cave's page it says it has Druddigon in initial SOS slot, so it must should be able to call for help.

"initial slot" is the pokemon that appears randomly in the wild. it's not what gets called for help.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
"initial slot" is the pokemon that appears randomly in the wild. it's not what gets called for help.

Sorry, I misread Initial slot and Additional SOS slot.

What I meant that Druddigon in Resolution Cave has Druddigon in its Additional SOS slot (by clicking the Toggle SOS details in Resolution cave paige), much like Golbat and Noivern that are confiremd to call SOS partners, which means that it can call for partners. (for so I assume) So I was wondering about likelyness of partner calling, since I thinking about shiny hunting it at one point.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Sorry, I misread Initial slot and Additional SOS slot.

What I meant that Druddigon in Resolution Cave has Druddigon in its Additional SOS slot (by clicking the Toggle SOS details in Resolution cave paige), much like Golbat and Noivern that are confiremd to call SOS partners, which means that it can call for partners. (for so I assume) So I was wondering about likelyness of partner calling, since I thinking about shiny hunting it at one point.
Either way, according to the datamine information, Druddigon can call other Druddigon as S.O.S. partners. There's a 20% chance of one appearing this way.

Wondering where on the Global Link I go to see my Alola Photo Club pics, since I can't get my Micro SD card to transfer to my Windows 10 comp. Thanks!

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Wondering where on the Global Link I go to see my Alola Photo Club pics, since I can't get my Micro SD card to transfer to my Windows 10 comp. Thanks!

Do you mean that you want to extract the videos and put them onto your computer? Because the photos are stored along with all of the other photos on the 3DS. If you can access the SD card, it'll be on the DCIM folder. There are subfolders within if you have a lot of photos (I think I have about 580, though about 250 of those came from Miitopia), but they're roughly in chronological order. Here's an example of a photo I had just taken:

L0mgso0.jpg

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!

Do you mean that you want to extract the videos and put them onto your computer? Because the photos are stored along with all of the other photos on the 3DS. If you can access the SD card, it'll be on the DCIM folder. There are subfolders within if you have a lot of photos (I think I have about 580, though about 250 of those came from Miitopia), but they're roughly in chronological order. Here's an example of a photo I had just taken:

L0mgso0.jpg

If you quickly need a few images quickly, you can use a site like this: http://wiiu3ds.microse.nl/

Personally, I connect via the N3DS "Network Drive" Settings option when I want to use it with my Windows 10 PC. While the Guide does say Windows 7 and 8, it works in most versions of Windows 10: http://en-americas-support.nintendo...ove-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a

I do own a SD card reader for when I want to read my 2DS and 3DS SD cards.

Hasty

Moonside
That's a photo spot? All that happens is that Rotom just talks about how this place is a mess.
Yea, I mean you can't take any photos there but I meant to say that's the Poke Finder spot in Hau'oli City where you can try it out for the first time.

I do notice that as you find things, you can ask the man in the hazmat suit about more things. I've searched around everywhere myself, and this is what I have:
1. Tell me about Guzzlord
2. What's that leaking machine?
3. So, that damaged screen...
4. What's up with that suit?
5. What are all those cards?
6. That power plant poster...
7. I found a faded sign...
8. What does Guzzlord eat?

#8, by the way, comes from examining Guzzlord's leftovers after you've defeated or captured it. Check the spot where Guzzlord was standing before.
Thanks for your reply. I have all those unlocked as well, just found the apparel shop poster today on my second visit which unlocked the question about the suit. So that's all I guess.

I was mainly asking because I think I read something about how the Ultra Ruin would imply that Alolan Muk or Grimer would have evolved into Guzzlord or something like that. There are quite a few similarities between Guzzlord and Alolan Grimer and Muk but it seems pretty open to interpretation to me.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
glasses.jpg

can someone tell me what the glasses are the guy on the RIGHT has? They're not aviator shades, and serebii doesn't have any item that looks like them.