• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
what is the pattern to get the big bosses in the battle agency? im at lvl 9 and Giovanni is the last opponent in the 9th round.

They appear as an opponent when you are about to advance from Grade 9, 19, 29, 39 and 49. You also face them when you are at Grade 50.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
They appear as an opponent when you are about to advance from Grade 9, 19, 29, 39 and 49. You also face them when you are at Grade 50.

thank you very much, i was expecting them to be at intervals of 10 lvls. i still beat Giovanni with a rock polish iron head flinch hax with a few attempts. its gonna be tough going when the global mission comes along.

i do have another question about the battle agency, i havent gone too far into lvl 10 but it says that there are 2 rounds in lvl 10-19. does that mean i have to beat 6 opponents to get the next level up?

Last edited:

Miss Alexis

Event Collector :)
thank you very much, i was expecting them to be at intervals of 10 lvls. i still beat Giovanni with a rock polish iron head flinch hax with a few attempts. its gonna be tough going when the global mission comes along.

i do have another question about the battle agency, i havent gone too far into lvl 10 but it says that there are 2 rounds in lvl 10-19. does that mean i have to beat 6 opponents to get the next level up?

Yes in 2 sessions though

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yes in 2 sessions though

though does that separate the 3 battles into 2 fc gains? ie beat 3 opponents and get fc reward then do a separate 3 other battles and win for lvl up to 11.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yes it does

thank you very much. atleast it will make the lvl up a bit easier when its 3 consecutive battles rather than 6. the battle agency is bad enough as it is.

I am about to start pokemon ultrasun and moon. I was wondering: does the choice of the initial starter pokemon affect anything in the gameplay, apart from the rival pokemon choice? For example, in X/Y, you can only find one legendary bird depending on your starter. is there anything similar in US/UM?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I am about to start pokemon ultrasun and moon. I was wondering: does the choice of the initial starter pokemon affect anything in the gameplay, apart from the rival pokemon choice? For example, in X/Y, you can only find one legendary bird depending on your starter. is there anything similar in US/UM?

I don't think it makes any difference. Only difference I can think of is that you get the Z-crystal belonging to your starter earlier than the Z-crystals for the other starters.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty

The only difference that is not already present in SM is that Teacher Emily in the Trainer's School now uses the starter that has the type advantage over yours.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Hi everyone. I had a question about the post game. I kind of wanted to have Mega Evolution before battling The evil team Leaders. Is it possible to get Mega Evolution before that? Because all the walkthroughs I’ve seen so far has had them go through Rainbow Rocket first and then encountering Dexio & Sina.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Hi everyone. I had a question about the post game. I kind of wanted to have Mega Evolution before battling The evil team Leaders. Is it possible to get Mega Evolution before that? Because all the walkthroughs I’ve seen so far has had them go through Rainbow Rocket first and then encountering Dexio & Sina.
Not at all--in fact, I had Mega Ampharos and Mega Lopunny at my disposal during the RR story. You have to go to Aether Paradise to do the RR arc, while Sina and Dexio are on Poni. Just go to Poni (by the Meadow entrance) first.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Not at all--in fact, I had Mega Ampharos and Mega Lopunny at my disposal during the RR story. You have to go to Aether Paradise to do the RR arc, while Sina and Dexio are on Poni. Just go to Poni (by the Meadow entrance) first.

Ok. Thank you. I was worried for a second there.

Lucasjeha

Guys, I'm having a big trouble trying to find the white hole to Ultra Ruin, I have already over 110 hours of game and still haven't found it, do I need a specific Pokemon in my party to reach that? I'm playing Ultra Sun and always get to Ultra DeepSea, Ultra Jungle, Ultra Plant and Ultra Forest, but never to Ultra Ruin!

Thanks!

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Guys, I'm having a big trouble trying to find the white hole to Ultra Ruin, I have already over 110 hours of game and still haven't found it, do I need a specific Pokemon in my party to reach that? I'm playing Ultra Sun and always get to Ultra DeepSea, Ultra Jungle, Ultra Plant and Ultra Forest, but never to Ultra Ruin!

Thanks!
There's no telling where a Guzzlord hole will pop up. The only times I've found it were in 4-Ring White Holes (the equivalent of a "Legendary" Ultra Beast Hole?), and that's been twice to date.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i just taught my Farfetch'd throat chop in UM to replace nightslash for the base power and the cooler animation. can i also teach and sent a throat chop Fetch'd to my sun file?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
i just taught my Farfetch'd throat chop in UM to replace nightslash for the base power and the cooler animation. can i also teach and sent a throat chop Fetch'd to my sun file?

You should be able to transfer your Throat Chop Farfetch'd to Sun, either by Bank or by trade.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

I had similar concerns with Surf Pikachu from the 7th generation but that worked just fine. I don't think the games actually check for move legality at all.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I had similar concerns with Surf Pikachu from the 7th generation but that worked just fine. I don't think the games actually check for move legality at all.

Pretty much as long as a Pokémon does not know any USUM exclusive moves it can be safely transferred to Sun/Moon.