• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Hey guys. I really had no idea where to post this, so I apologize if this is not the correct place. I heard from a friend that there were real world people that held their own "gyms" that you could battle online and participate in an online "Pokémon league" of sorts. Anyone know anything about this?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Hey guys. I really had no idea where to post this, so I apologize if this is not the correct place. I heard from a friend that there were real world people that held their own "gyms" that you could battle online and participate in an online "Pokémon league" of sorts. Anyone know anything about this?

i do know at games/anime conventions there are often real players that join together in the game rooms and attendees can face the various types of "gym leaders". i do believe you can go on a bit more after 8 badges to face another player for the elite 4. the problem is that you need to know when/where they might be when not in the conventions but i do believe i saw some sort of badge challenge here on this site already. i saw some members with "_type_"gym leader in their signature in the past.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
i do know at games/anime conventions there are often real players that join together in the game rooms and attendees can face the various types of "gym leaders". i do believe you can go on a bit more after 8 badges to face another player for the elite 4. the problem is that you need to know when/where they might be when not in the conventions but i do believe i saw some sort of badge challenge here on this site already. i saw some members with "_type_"gym leader in their signature in the past.

Awesome. Thank you!

Pikachu111213

Traveler

Awesome. Thank you!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
im currently at lvl 35 in the battle agency. i noticed that the battle scales to reset a bit when you pass lvl 50. do the opponents' pokemon reset to lvl 50 at battle level 51? i also noticed i faced Giovanni for the first 3 boss battles. is it chance or do other team bosses appear at last battle before the next multiple of lvl 10s?

Lucasjeha

Unfortunately there isn't much you can do about that. You just have to be lucky to be online at the same time as other people that also play the Battle Agency and got high ranks. I think the idea is that you do it together with friends playing simultaneously. There's the Battle Agency thread in this forum, you can try meeting up with people there. Personally I gave up on it, for me it's not worth the trouble having to match online times with someone else every time I want to play the Battle Agency.

Some people think that the VIP system circumvents the necessity to be online at the same time, but that only works to a certain extent. After a few days the game starts blocking you from choosing those VIPs as partners in the Battle Agency.

Thank you for the answer! Sad that Game Freak did left this "hole" in the game development! Sorry for my late thanks, I've been out around a week with terrible back pain!

Lucasjeha

i noticed that too. i was lucky to get some high ranked players. im curently lvl 25 in the battle agency. at first i was able to get access to a lvl 19 player then rank 24??? recently it was a rank46 Gallade then rank 41 Char X. currently i have a rank 41 Starmie as a teammate. does it block you completely from accesing them or until you catch that player online again?

i stil havent given up on the battle agency, its a great facility to battle with IMO. its fun to use random loaned pokemon and ive had some good success so far. though i doubt you can ever get 3 high ranked party members as the random fan seems to be eternally at lvl 50..........

@lucasjeha: my only advice is to be online when you can when doing the battle agency and try to VIP any high ranked players as they happen to go online. if you want to spend any time focusing on the battle agency then you should consider the switcheroo (???) stall. it lets you shuffle your pokemon choices up to 3 times and you could always just wait for the next day until the opponents change out. sometimes i wasnt able to get sufficiently good counters for the opponents so i just waited until they switched out. personally i find the battle agency AI is rather evil but i much prefer rather than face the AI in the battle royale or battle tree facilities.

Thanks! It's sad the Battle Agency was developed this way, I really enjoy playing with borrowed Pokemon, I used to spend hours in the Battle Frontier facility in Pokemon Platinum doing battles with borrowed Pokemon!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Thanks! It's sad the Battle Agency was developed this way, I really enjoy playing with borrowed Pokemon, I used to spend hours in the Battle Frontier facility in Pokemon Platinum doing battles with borrowed Pokemon!

np, i do like using my own pokemon but sometimes borrowed pokemon provide more fun to pass the time.

the battle agency is a coin toss any day. sometimes it goes well for me and other days ie today the opponents just love using explosion on me with little to no super effective moves on my side. if you see a Salazzle, be afraid of it it could be a sweeping set or worse: protect, encore, disable and slugde bomb. the last move isnt much to worry about but the first 3 moves play havok on you. though i got a bastiodon to strugle to a KO when i had that salazzle: protect, encore disable then struggle. then the AI just switched out the remaining 2 pokemon and stalled me out when they could only had the option to struggle. LOL

azrael07

So if I'm playing Ultra Moon or Ultra Sun, and I press the "Home" Button on my 3DS, leaving the game running, but paused...Does that...

a)add to my game's playtime?
b)reset the number of wild pokemon encounters for shinies?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So if I'm playing Ultra Moon or Ultra Sun, and I press the "Home" Button on my 3DS, leaving the game running, but paused...Does that...

a)add to my game's playtime?
b)reset the number of wild pokemon encounters for shinies?

Pretty sure that pausing your game using the HOME button would pause your play time and your shiny chain.

What determines how likely Rotom is to give you his Z-Powered friendship support and be able to use a Z-Move a second time? Because in a Water Monotype I'm currently in the middle of, the first time I was granted it was in a double battle on Ula'Ula Island, on Route 11 before I even took on Totem Togedemaru. So I'm thinking that the more you've played with Rotom the more likely it is to give the Z-Powered support.

Also, in the battle against Lusamine, is the win not required just like in the original games? Because in said Monotype, I'm in the Aether Foundation right now and will soon have to face Lusamine, and her Lilligant is going to be brutal.

SinaiBro

Shiny hunting help.

I've been hunting shiny pokemons through SOS chain for a while. Got quite a lot but rarely come up with the right nature.
I tried to have a fainted abra in the front, but I found out from some threads that it does not work that way. I don't own any games other than Gen7. So what will be a good synchronize pokemon for sos chainning?

I'm currently looking into Xatu, since it can learn thunder wave, Aerial ace for acc reduction, and maybe dream eater to sustain easier without wasting a turn to heal.

DanielS

Not really sure if this applies to this thread but im going to ask sorry if it doesn't not really sure where it goes since I'm a new member....but my pokebank account is about to expire should I renew it or is it going to become worthless because of gen 8 on the switch because as of right now it's just getting me bp as I find the battle tree boring and not that into mantine surfing

BCVM22

That's for you to decide, on a number of levels. If you're not using it to store Pokémon you couldn't otherwise store in-game, and you don't want to pay another $5 for whatever reason, then don't re-up. Keep in mind, of course, that if you don't re-up, you'll need to remove your Pokémon from Bank - after a grace period, they'll disappear forever otherwise.

However, Bank is almost certainly not going to simply "become worthless" with the franchise's eventual jump to the Switch, which could itself still be the better part of two years away. Bank was designed as a cloud-based service specifically so that it would be future-proof and compatible with any future Nintendo hardware that can connect to the Internet, which one presumes will be all of them. The question of whether incumbent hardware can connect directly to new hardware to transfer Pokémon across a generational gap is no longer a concern.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Not really sure if this applies to this thread but im going to ask sorry if it doesn't not really sure where it goes since I'm a new member....but my pokebank account is about to expire should I renew it or is it going to become worthless because of gen 8 on the switch because as of right now it's just getting me bp as I find the battle tree boring and not that into mantine surfing

If you are currently storing Pokémon on Bank and you find it to be a useful service, then by all means, renew it. Game Freak's intent is for Pokémon Bank to continue allowing us to store and transfer forward our Pokémon for generations. I believe one of the designers even shared the idea of being able to transfer our old Pokémon to our children's games in the future. That idea doesn't end with a system change.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
has anyone seen what happens when you hit +lvl 50 int the battle agency? from what i read in serebii and seen on a lvl 50 YT battle agency video. you have a boss battle every 5 successful 3-win streak victories. how does the rank up system work along side these bosses? i can see you getting to lvl 51 with a 3-win streak and a boss battle at lvl 55 or so. can anyone confirm anything along these lines?'

if my math is correct, the road lvl l00 (from lvl50) will have 135 battles, 27 of which will be boss battles.

also, is the 3rd random fan from the guest list? most are lvl 0 to begin with so having 3 high level pokemon is near impossible.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I was wondering, does anyone know how to claim the free Master Ball we'd get for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon by registering at PGL? It was supposed to be distributed by the end of January, but I can't find any link on PGL to get a code or something.

BCVM22

The distribution hasn’t yet begun. The registration period just ended a few days ago.