• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yeah. Like I have a Bulbasaur that has just Tackle and it won't let me send it from PokeBank to ORAS.
Did you put it in Sun and Moon or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon at some point? If it was from XY/ORAS and you transferred it from these games, you can't send them back either.

Golden_Arcanine

Did you put it in Sun and Moon or Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon at some point? If it was from XY/ORAS and you transferred it from these games, you can't send them back either.

So once it goes into UM or US, it can't go back to ORAS even if it's eligible to?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So once it goes into UM or US, it can't go back to ORAS even if it's eligible to?
Even if it has moves that would be considered legal if it were to be in ORAS, it still can't be transferred back to ORAS. So yeah, unfortunately you can't.

Kage-Pikachu

Hello, a Pokémon nub here. I'm currently in the process of catching an Eevee (or two) in Route 4 to eventually evolve it into both an Espeon and Umbreon.

With the exception of Modest or Timid for Espeon and Calm or Careful for Umbreon, what other "Natures" would be suitable/viable for them? It'll take ages to find the "perfect" Nature for my (female) Eevee(s). :oops:
https://www.serebii.net/potw-xy/197.shtml Looks like Calm is recommended but I guess a Nature that subtracts Speed will be good since it likely won't be outspeeding anything anyway, it all depends on your partner Pokemon and the moves you plan to use on Umbreon. For Espeon, anything plus Special or plus Speed is good.

SWMegaFan

Why is there no National Pokédex in S/M nor on US/UM? Is there an official answer to this question?

I have been trying to search for an official answer on this on the internet and haven’t come up with anything official from Gamefreak. Can someone help me out on this? Is there a link to an interview?

Yes, I’m aware that the Pokebank has a National Pokédex in it now, and yes, I have speculated as to why there isn’t one in the Gen VII games at all (limited memory, less pressure on collecting all Pokemon in existence, Pokebank, etc), but I really want to see if there’s an official answer to this question.

If there’s a link to an interview with the official answer, please reply with it (maybe the mods know more about this subject matter).

Hey all I’m a little out of the loop as far as event stuff is concerned, has Zeraora been officially released in North America? I’ve been trying to find info and my google searches haven’t really helped clear up my confusion. Thanks!

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Hey all I’m a little out of the loop as far as event stuff is concerned, has Zeraora been officially released in North America? I’ve been trying to find info and my google searches haven’t really helped clear up my confusion. Thanks!

Nope, only Japan release so far. North America will most likely get it later this year

xEryChan

Demon Child
Why is there no National Pokédex in S/M nor on US/UM? Is there an official answer to this question?

I have been trying to search for an official answer on this on the internet and haven’t come up with anything official from Gamefreak. Can someone help me out on this? Is there a link to an interview?

Yes, I’m aware that the Pokebank has a National Pokédex in it now, and yes, I have speculated as to why there isn’t one in the Gen VII games at all (limited memory, less pressure on collecting all Pokemon in existence, Pokebank, etc), but I really want to see if there’s an official answer to this question.

If there’s a link to an interview with the official answer, please reply with it (maybe the mods know more about this subject matter).

There is no answer to this question, to be honest.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
How soon in US/UM can we send the special Hidden Ability Alola Starters from Bank to our games?
As soon as you get the Pokédex in USUM, you can use Pokémon Bank with it and hence get the HA Alolan starters.

Micheal cooksey

Hey guys long time lurker first tine poster however the weirdest thing happened me and has never happened to me before. I have been playing pokemon since gen 2 and my saves are always there and nothing has ever happened to lose them except for the battery dying in gsc other than that all good. So i turn on my ultra sun only to see myself at the first island with 3 mons. Any fixes for this has any ever experienced this before? I have heard of these games having bad glitch issues but never a full on reset please help I lost all my event mons.....

AlolaSherwood

Lost Wayfinder
Anyone know why my Original Cap Pikachu can't use Pikanium Z? I got it tutored Volt Tackle, but the Z-Move Menu says it has no usable Z-Moves.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Anyone know why my Original Cap Pikachu can't use Pikanium Z? I got it tutored Volt Tackle, but the Z-Move Menu says it has no usable Z-Moves.

I don't know, my guess is the Catastropika animation would clash with the cap or something, it just can't. Catastropika can only be used by Pikas without a hat

BR4VE

Omega Ruby Base on Route 118, Right Side Beach
Anybody find themselves re-breeding the same Pokemon you've bred in past generations because of new moves?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Anybody find themselves re-breeding the same Pokemon you've bred in past generations because of new moves?

I've done that for gen7 and also doing that to an extent/selected wild encounter pokemon when I go back to earlier gen games from newer games. As for gen 7 I rebred ha farfetchd with 1st impression. Regarding backtracking to previous games, i try to recreate as best as possible.

I usually keep my pokemon in previous games but bring over bred spares into newer games to battle with or breed out.

Last edited:

BR4VE

If the move Camouflage is used for a two typed Pokemon, does Camouflage "change both" types of the Pokemon "to one type", based on terrain?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
If the move Camouflage is used for a two typed Pokemon, does Camouflage "change both" types of the Pokemon "to one type", based on terrain?
Camouflage changes to dual type to one type depending on the terrain. E.g. if Zygarde uses it in tall grass then its Dragon/Ground typing will change to just Grass.

BR4VE

Camouflage changes to dual type to one type depending on the terrain. E.g. if Zygarde uses it in tall grass then its Dragon/Ground typing will change to just Grass.
Thanks, two type does indeed change to one type.

Chras

Hello, I need help determining if my Pokemon is hacked. I just acquired a Shiny Diancie. I've looked at the event page and everything is right, except its Shiny.
The pokemon in question:

Shiny Diancie, OT Hope, ID 07245, Cherish Ball, Classic Ribbon, Lv 50. From Hoenn.

According to the event database, this version isn't Shiny. But everything else checks out. Is it possible to hack ribbons onto a Pokemon? The shiny Diancie is suppose to have ID 12125 and OT ポケセン according to the event page. Any input would be appreciated.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
events are always shiny locked unless they are meant to be a shiny event.

And yes, any detail about a pokemon, whether it can be seen in the summary or is behind the scenes like IVs, can be hacked/modified.