• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Can you Wonder Trade event Pokemon? I'm pretty sure you can't. I got a 4 IV Volcanion just now....so it's probably not legit right?
You can't no. You can also check the ribbons. Volcanion has only been released with events and they should all have ribbons, check if it matches any of the ones in the event dex.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Does anyone know what the level limit is for traded Pokemon throughout US/UM's main story? When you clear the first Island Trail and get the Fightinium Z, Hala says it'll let you have traded Pokemon up to level 35, but none of the other Kahunas say anything like that in the rest of the story.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Does anyone know what the level limit is for traded Pokemon throughout US/UM's main story? When you clear the first Island Trail and get the Fightinium Z, Hala says it'll let you have traded Pokemon up to level 35, but none of the other Kahunas say anything like that in the rest of the story.
They’re on the Stamps on your Passport you get for beating the Kahunas:
Hala’s: 35
Olivia’s:50
Nanu’s:65
Hapu’s:80

Room

What would be the best location to post about Pokémon Bank? I’ve been having connection issues and it seems like I’m not the only one - I found a thread on GFAQs earlier this morning.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
How do you get the code for the special global link Munna? I’m looking at the global link on my phone but I can’t find anything remotely related to it

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
How do you get the code for the special global link Munna? I’m looking at the global link on my phone but I can’t find anything remotely related to it
You have to be logged in with a qualified game first, otherwise you can't get a code. Qualified games are Alola games that were registered at the Pokémon Global Link before the event was announced.

TeridaxXD001

I wanted a foreign Ditto, so I caught an extra Ditto, put it on the GTS, said I wanted Ditto, and left for a while. I came back and found that my Ditto had been traded. What I got was a French Ditto nicknamed “6IV LEGIT.” It does NOT have perfect IVs, and I was able to deposit it into Bank.

Is it hacked? I did the same thing with Abra afterward and got an obviously hacked Abra in return (was Shiny and the OT was “ITSK33N.TV”; didn’t even bother looking at its stats before releasing it). Bank accepted it, it’s not Shiny, only knows Transform, was caught at Mount Hokulani, has an OT of “Amy” and, again, has imperfect IVs. It almost seems like it was nicknamed that just to fool people. I didn’t care about this particular Ditto’s shininess or IVs, I just wanted a foreign Ditto for the Masuda Method (and foreign Dex entries). Should I feel bad using this one?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I wanted a foreign Ditto, so I caught an extra Ditto, put it on the GTS, said I wanted Ditto, and left for a while. I came back and found that my Ditto had been traded. What I got was a French Ditto nicknamed “6IV LEGIT.” It does NOT have perfect IVs, and I was able to deposit it into Bank.

Is it hacked? I did the same thing with Abra afterward and got an obviously hacked Abra in return (was Shiny and the OT was “ITSK33N.TV”; didn’t even bother looking at its stats before releasing it). Bank accepted it, it’s not Shiny, only knows Transform, was caught at Mount Hokulani, has an OT of “Amy” and, again, has imperfect IVs. It almost seems like it was nicknamed that just to fool people. I didn’t care about this particular Ditto’s shininess or IVs, I just wanted a foreign Ditto for the Masuda Method (and foreign Dex entries). Should I feel bad using this one?

For all intents and purposes it is. If it goes through the bank you should be fine; besides what they really are watching is what is being used in online battles.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
For all intents and purposes it is. If it goes through the bank you should be fine; besides what they really are watching is what is being used in online battles.
Bank has no hack checks. Going through Bank says nothing.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
That's why I said for all intents and purposes. It's just for breeding and it passes the checks. It could be hacked or not, but for what it is, it really doesn't matter.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Bank has some checks, or at least Poke Transporter does. It's capable of blocking hacked pokemon from previous games getting into Bank. It really depends on how good the hack is though.
Anything that is hacked in a way that looks identical to something that could be obtained in game will always look legal to Bank and online play. There is no way around that.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Bank has some checks, or at least Poke Transporter does. It's capable of blocking hacked pokemon from previous games getting into Bank. It really depends on how good the hack is though.
Anything that is hacked in a way that looks identical to something that could be obtained in game will always look legal to Bank and online play. There is no way around that.
Bank is not Poké Transporter, and Poké Transporter was not relevant in this question as the Ditto recently came through the GTS. There is literally no hack check in Bank itself for anything that comes from the 3DS games. The notion that "If it goes through Bank it's fine/legit" is a blatant falsehood that is nothing more than feigning legitimacy. Going through Bank means nothing.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
I was only correcting the false assumption that Bank has no checks whatsoever. Sorry for trying to share information.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
By that definition the only Pokemon that can be considered are those you catch or those you've seen other people catch. Everything else is suspect.

Of course we can never be sure of anything we can get, but if it doesn't break the game or any detriment whatsoever, then, again, for all intents and purposes, treat it as usable. What does the user or the system as a whole gain or lose if the non-perfect Ditto was caught or generated?

Shepard

metaphysician
Quick Question about game restarts and event (mystery gift) pokemon. If I had two codes for, say, Zeraora for Ultra Sun/Moon, could I redeem one code and get it in my game, then restart the entire game and use the other one?

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Quick Question about game restarts and event (mystery gift) pokemon. If I had two codes for, say, Zeraora for Ultra Sun/Moon, could I redeem one code and get it in my game, then restart the entire game and use the other one?
Yeah, just save them in the bank or somewhere before you reset. Although are the codes still valid? I thought those had time limits or somesuch.