• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Quick Question about game restarts and event (mystery gift) pokemon. If I had two codes for, say, Zeraora for Ultra Sun/Moon, could I redeem one code and get it in my game, then restart the entire game and use the other one?
This is how I got all of the hat Pikachu back when they gave them all out, but you could only get one per game.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
I quickly lost interest in the current games so I actually went back to playing USUM. Crazy thing is I had lost interest in these games a couple years back. Didn't even make it to the first trial before i quit in 2018. Hadn't even did most of the post game in S/M. Now i'm playing them all frequently now. Might as well before Nintendo plans to shut down the online services for the 3DS.

But I've noticed while Wonder Trading that i'm getting quite a handful of priced LV1 Pokemon from Japan. And I'm mostly getting trades from there too! I guess that means alot of people here in the U.S stopped playing the Gen 7 games altogether.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I quickly lost interest in the current games so I actually went back to playing USUM. Crazy thing is I had lost interest in these games a couple years back. Didn't even make it to the first trial before i quit in 2018. Hadn't even did most of the post game in S/M. Now i'm playing them all frequently now. Might as well before Nintendo plans to shut down the online services for the 3DS.

But I've noticed while Wonder Trading that i'm getting quite a handful of priced LV1 Pokemon from Japan. And I'm mostly getting trades from there too! I guess that means alot of people here in the U.S stopped playing the Gen 7 games altogether.

Those Japanese players really do know how to breed good Pokemon. I remember getting so many good trades off those players on Wonder Trade, with stuff like Apricorn Balls, Hidden Abilities, perfect IVs and/or competitive-level movesets. Some of those Pokemon that I enjoyed training were a Ribombee and Alolan Ninetales that I got in Love Balls, and a Moon Ball Vaporeon.

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Those Japanese players really do know how to breed good Pokemon. I remember getting so many good trades off those players on Wonder Trade, with stuff like Apricorn Balls, Hidden Abilities, perfect IVs and/or competitive-level movesets. Some of those Pokemon that I enjoyed training were a Ribombee and Alolan Ninetales that I got in Love Balls, and a Moon Ball Vaporeon.

Yes. I'm definitely taking the time and advantage to play these games before they shut down the online functions! They already shut down the Global Link for Sun/Moon. So i can't waste anymore time!

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
Not sure whether or not to ask this here or not, but curious as to whether or not anybody here has had the option to renew Pokemon Bank pop up yet? I got 8 days left on the trial but no option to renew it yet hoping to be able to renew it since I was planning on transfering Pokemon later this year rather then right now.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Not sure whether or not to ask this here or not, but curious as to whether or not anybody here has had the option to renew Pokemon Bank pop up yet? I got 8 days left on the trial but no option to renew it yet hoping to be able to renew it since I was planning on transfering Pokemon later this year rather then right now.
I think there's an option to renew right at the main menu

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
Haven't had the option come up yet usually does within a week or two before but not this time yet, unless it won't show up until the trial is over with.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
Haven't had the option come up yet usually does within a week or two before but not this time yet, unless it won't show up until the trial is over with.
My guess is the free trial period (which has 3 days left) has something to do with it. We'll likely have the ability to see how much time our subscriptions have left and have the option to renew/purchase a subscription after the trial period ends.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
So I recently scanned the QR code for Magearna and it gave the little blurb about going to collect it from the antique shop in that one mall. But I'm not seeing the event person where he's supposed to be. Am I missing something?

jojuice41

I got the juice now.
Hey all,

Been a while since I’ve been on Serebii! I recently picked up UM as I’d never played through the Alola games before. Is there where I would post about possibly trading for a Jangmo-o? I’d love to play through the game with one and wanted to ask as it seems you don’t get the opportunity to catch one until much later in the game. If this is the wrong place to post this question let me know! Thanks!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Hey all,

Been a while since I’ve been on Serebii! I recently picked up UM as I’d never played through the Alola games before. Is there where I would post about possibly trading for a Jangmo-o? I’d love to play through the game with one and wanted to ask as it seems you don’t get the opportunity to catch one until much later in the game. If this is the wrong place to post this question let me know! Thanks!
We have a forum set up for trading. https://forums.serebii.net/forums/7th-gen-wi-fi-center.312/

I'd also think about which of your Pokémon you are free to let go.

(Also there is GTS trading, which you will unlock at the same time you unlock trading itself).

Bianfa793

So I recently scanned the QR code for Magearna and it gave the little blurb about going to collect it from the antique shop in that one mall. But I'm not seeing the event person where he's supposed to be. Am I missing something?

I can help you out! Just need to get some trade evolutions DM me if you are interested!

Major Doomsday

Hey can anyone help me out with a good rockruff with the ability Own Tempo please, I can trade from ultra moon or Pokemon home if any one has any laying around...

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Was it evsr stated how tall is Guardian of Alola Mode for the Guardian Deities?
Hiw would you scale it versus other Pokemon?
Is it in Ultra Necrozma range or closes to Gigantamax Pokemon?

Any thoughts/ideas?

ruxy_100

Random question, and apologies if it is obvious, but I'm not very familiar with the 3DS in general.

I have an Ultra Sun cartridge. I would like to start a new playthrough, but don't want to reset my game (over 1000 hours playtime, houses my living dex, all mega stones etc), so I will need to buy a new copy.

If I buy a digital copy from the eShop, can the 3DS handle having two versions of the same game? I assume it will be fine, but I don't want to go to use my cartridge again in the future and find it won't work because the 3DS already has a copy of the game locally?

Will it work ok? Would Bank recognise both save files?

Thanks for your help!

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Random question, and apologies if it is obvious, but I'm not very familiar with the 3DS in general.

I have an Ultra Sun cartridge. I would like to start a new playthrough, but don't want to reset my game (over 1000 hours playtime, houses my living dex, all mega stones etc), so I will need to buy a new copy.

If I buy a digital copy from the eShop, can the 3DS handle having two versions of the same game? I assume it will be fine, but I don't want to go to use my cartridge again in the future and find it won't work because the 3DS already has a copy of the game locally?

Will it work ok? Would Bank recognise both save files?

Thanks for your help!
While I don't have two copies of Ultra Sun, But I do have a digital Omega Ruby and Physical Omega Ruby.

As far as the 3DS is concerned, both copies treated as separate games at least for saves. So you can have Physical version in the Cart slot and a Digital version installed.

For Bank: Kinda Bank can detect both Physical and Digital versions, But Bank will only recognise only 1 version of the same named game at any one time. So If you have the cart in the slot, the Bank will look at the cart, but will ignore the digital version. But if you remove the cart, Bank will find the Digital version.

ruxy_100

But Bank will only recognise
While I don't have two copies of Ultra Sun, But I do have a digital Omega Ruby and Physical Omega Ruby.

As far as the 3DS is concerned, both copies treated as separate games at least for saves. So you can have Physical version in the Cart slot and a Digital version installed.

For Bank: Kinda Bank can detect both Physical and Digital versions, But Bank will only recognise only 1 version of the same named game at any one time. So If you have the cart in the slot, the Bank will look at the cart, but will ignore the digital version. But if you remove the cart, Bank will find the Digital version.

That's very helpful, thanks for the advice :)

Houka

Does anyone has a time table or know when it rains, snow, or Sandstroms. Lush Jungle (Goomy), Tupu Village (Venillite), and Haina Desert. (Gabite). Currently I don't know if they added more Weather SOS in Ultra besides those three.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Haina Desert is strong sunlight during the day and sandstorm during the night. I think the others are random, but you can also use your own weather setters to change the weather into the kind you need for the pokémon to spawn. Goomy can also spawn through SOS at Route 17, and Route 17 has permanent rain.

Houka

The spawn rate seem 5-10% and with no one on my team (a side from Popilo) that can learn weather changes, meaning I need to switch everytime the weather stops and well you can see how time consuming that is. In the end it easier to just wait for the weather come naturally. I've read that they aren't random, certain days between certain hours weather is will happenI just don't know the details. I haven't gotten to that route yet, I was hoping to get it sooner.