• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
i'm new to this game and i've heard totem togedemaru's is difficult because of spiky shield, iron barbs and skarmory who has stealth rock.

Any recommendations to make this less painful for a litten players. can any moves drain totem togedemaru's PP (power points) for moves? or ground moves that can bypass spiky shield?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
i'm new to this game and i've heard totem togedemaru's is difficult because of spiky shield, iron barbs and skarmory who has stealth rock.

Any recommendations to make this less painful for a litten players. can any moves drain totem togedemaru's PP (power points) for moves? or ground moves that can bypass spiky shield?
You could have an Incineroar by this point (I think I did) and teach it Fire Pledge in Hau’oli City to ignore Spiky Shield and Iron Barbs since it’s a special move. As for Ground moves that ignore Spiky Shield, there aren’t any besides Tectonic Rage (which you can’t get right now) and Max Moves (which don’t exist yet). A good Pokémon to use for this fight is Palossand since it’s a special attacker that can ignore Skarmory’s high Defense and is immune to all of Dedenne’s offensives moves. After that you’ll just need to predict what move Togedemaru will use and it should be a relatively easy win

Pokefan_1987

Looks like i got some decent RNG in my favor on my first try. Dedenne never appeared since i didn't defeat Skarmory first.

Turn 1: Torracat used Fire Pledge, Togedemaru used Spiky Shield as expected and Skarmory put up Stealth Rock.

Turn 2: I decided to attack Skarmory with Fire Pledge to weaken it to not trigger Togedemarus shield so Togedemaru used Zing Zap. Skarmory used Metal Wing.

Turn 3: Z-Move Fire Pledge and Togedemaru was KO'ed as a result, Skarmory used Metal Wing.

Turn 4: Skarmory was hit by Fire Pledge and KO'ed.

And to top it all Torracat turned into Incineroar after the fight.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Can't really find a good place for this question, but this seems like the best spot.

Can I take a Pokemon from USUM, put them in Pokemon Bank, and then take them out in ORAS or XY, assuming that the Pokemon, moveset, and any other conditions fit into the previous game?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Can't really find a good place for this question, but this seems like the best spot.

Can I take a Pokemon from USUM, put them in Pokemon Bank, and then take them out in ORAS or XY, assuming that the Pokemon, moveset, and any other conditions fit into the previous game?
No, once a Pokémon has been in any Alola game it can't go back to gen 6

Pokefan_1987

Can't seem to find any growlithes on route 2 in ultra sun. it just wont show up even with clock manipulation to ensure daytime.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Can't seem to find any growlithes on route 2 in ultra sun. it just wont show up even with clock manipulation to ensure daytime.
You're in the wrong patch, it doesn't show up in all grass patches on Route 2. Try the ones near the Pokémon centre in the north, outside Verdant Cavern. Not the ones near the graveyard or the ones near the city. Check the Pokédex, it details where exactly it shows up (press A to zoom in on the route for details). Time of day doesn't matter, it's just a 10% encounter regardless of day or night.

Pokefan_1987

You're in the wrong patch, it doesn't show up in all grass patches on Route 2. Try the ones near the Pokémon centre in the north, outside Verdant Cavern. Not the ones near the graveyard or the ones near the city. Check the Pokédex, it details where exactly it shows up (press A to zoom in on the route for details). Time of day doesn't matter, it's just a 10% encounter regardless of day or night.

I was there. But now it doesn't matter. I got a Growlithe in exchange for a spare Froakie i deposited on GTS this saturday morning. S.O.S. Slowking is still left.
Trying to get Slowpoke to actually call for a help last Thursday in that obscure area and out of 50 in one session only one Slowbro appeared and 49 Slowpokes. I literally called it the Slowpoke Knockout Incident.

Houka

Get a poke with False Swipe to lower it's health to 1, use a adrenaline orb on it and then wait. Slowking can quite a while to show up.

Pokefan_1987

Get a poke with False Swipe to lower it's health to 1, use a adrenaline orb on it and then wait. Slowking can quite a while to show up.
I know all of those things, i even have 2 false swipe users but slowpoke is by far one of the worst offenders when it comes to low percentage in these battles.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It really isn't that hard to chain, it calls for help often and doesn't have any mechanics to it that hamper chaining. Try chaining Sharpedo or Drampa for their hidden abilities if you want to see hard chaining, you need to have Leppa berry strategies there because they often run out of PP before even calling for help once, it takes hours to chain them until you get a Hidden Ability, and that's not even talking about getting Hidden Ability Mareanie. If catching Slowking takes too long just catch a Slowpoke and evolve it into Slowking.

Pokefan_1987

If catching Slowking takes too long just catch a Slowpoke and evolve it into Slowking.
I already used up my Kings Rock a few weeks ago in a trade for Polietoed, another annoying S.O.S. because it kept dying. It always used Perish Song, you can't prevent the user from activating it and to catch rate is really low for 3 turns. Lapras has this as well. I hate it when developers do this just to make things really hard.
I know more can be found at battle tree but the battles are much harder now in super singles.

Such is the life of a pokedex completionist. Even worse on the if you manually look for it on GTS, the first Slowking is a appears is level 5 entry that freezes my game and insultingly it asks for a Slowking in return.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You can also get BP quickly through Mantine Surf, you don't need to do the battles at the Battle Tree for it. If you start at Poni or Ula'Ula Island with a bit of practice you can get 50 BP a trip.

Pokefan_1987

Update finally got a Slowking for a trade. It's a japanese lvl 15 with it's hidden ability Regenerator. Thats one less theadache in off my mind for now. Next up Chansey and Blissey Massacre chaining in the meadows to level up my lvl 37 Shelgon and others for now *evil laugh*

Does anyone know compatible egg move partners to get Aura Sphere for Mega Blastoise in US/UM ? My Blastoise is male

Last edited:

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
Update finally got a Slowking for a trade. It's a japanese lvl 15 with it's hidden ability Regenerator. Thats one less theadache in off my mind for now. Next up Chansey and Blissey Massacre chaining in the meadows to level up my lvl 37 Shelgon and others for now *evil laugh*

Does anyone know compatible egg move partners to get Aura Sphere for Mega Blastoise in US/UM ? My Blastoise is male
I believe its Clauncer/Clawitzer line?

Are Johto starters with ha available? *if so how does one go about getting one *spares plz? lol

Pokefan_1987

Need help with something important. I was going through a video guide. But i'm stuck on the TM08 Bulk Up quest. I got the Acrobatics TM and the Black Belt reward, but part two... i've follow guides online including youtube but i can't find any Coba Berry (reduces flying damage) to give to the other trainer in the game. I used those piles during the story before i ever found those Incineroar and Machamp rival trainers and i've never seen a single Coba Berry.

Does anyone have a spare Coba Berry to send in a trade, my luck is too unreliable to go after random hopes of it appearing on Medicham in the Ultra Spaces?

Ghost94

Need help with something important. I was going through a video guide. But i'm stuck on the TM08 Bulk Up quest. I got the Acrobatics TM and the Black Belt reward, but part two... i've follow guides online including youtube but i can't find any Coba Berry (reduces flying damage) to give to the other trainer in the game. I used those piles during the story before i ever found those Incineroar and Machamp rival trainers and i've never seen a single Coba Berry.

Does anyone have a spare Coba Berry to send in a trade, my luck is too unreliable to go after random hopes of it appearing on Medicham in the Ultra Spaces?
You can find a Coba Berry in the north-eastern Berry Tree in Poni Wilds, but if that doesn’t work for you send me a PM and we’ll setup a trade.

Pokefan_1987

EDIT: Found one, the piles respawn after midnight. Took me 2 resets but i got one on that last one.

That was a annoying berry.

Last edited: