• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It's been a while since i posted but alolan meowth has been a big nuisance ever since tuesday all week i was trying to raise raise it's affection. I have given it several Iomi massages, given a few rainbow pokemon (with the red yellow green blue with white stars) and it was lvl 26 and now reaching lvl 42 and still won't evolve.

I checked the happiness rater and it has the second highest rank possible. Is Meowth one of those rare few that need to be completely maxed out in terms of friendship?
If so it really lives up to it's fussy description in the alolan pokedex. (4000-3000 experience requirements is a lot for a cat under lvl 50)

Houka

Alolan Meowth Evolves through Happiness. Most Pokemon evolve through Happiness need like 220+ points to there Happiness. You might just be blow that, as the 2ed highest rate is 200-250. I usually just run around and wait til the checker state the highest.

Pokefan_1987

Ho hi again looking for advice regarding Ultra Beasts. How do you neutralize aura boost the initial Ultra Beasts battle without killing them (Not the Beast Boost) that boosts a individual stat if you're trying to capture a Ultra Beast you don't have. Does Haze work for example?

For me i wasn't quite prepared for how strong Discharge can be on a Xurkitree.

I'm probably going to need individual strategies for them, for example False Swipe doesn't work on Blacephalon if i remember correctly because of the Ghost typing.

Houka

It might I'm not sure but if ya keep your pokemon alive that should never happen.

Get a ground type, that will help with Electric moves but make sure it is high enough level.

As for Blacephalon, either rely oh just weakening and Sleep/Paralyze it or have a normal type with Scrappy or with few other abilities that change Normal type into another type.

Pokefan_1987

It might I'm not sure but if ya keep your pokemon alive that should never happen.

Get a ground type, that will help with Electric moves but make sure it is high enough level.

As for Blacephalon, either rely oh just weakening and Sleep/Paralyze it or have a normal type with Scrappy or with few other abilities that change Normal type into another type.
Could Soak on a pokemon like Tapu Fini work on Blacephalon? I already caught both 2 of the ones you find near the Poni Plains during progression but if i spot one on a Wormhole then i want to be sure. Lopunny or Miltank aren't good Scrappy users. and most others are hidden abilities.

Can Odor Sleuth work with False Swipe and does the Odor Sleuth user have to remain or else it wears off?

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You're really making it far more complicated than it needs to be. Just bring their health down, yellow region is sufficient ( something like two Nature's Madness or one Tapunium Z-Move) and use a Beast Ball, they're not hard to catch at all. If you also have Roto Catch it's very close to a guaranteed catch even at half health without even applying status condition.

Last edited:

Houka

Could Soak on a pokemon like Tapu Fini work on Blacephalon? I already caught both 2 of the ones you find near the Poni Plains during progression but if i spot one on a Wormhole then i want to be sure. Lopunny or Miltank aren't good Scrappy users. and most others are hidden abilities.

Can Odor Sleuth work with False Swipe and does the Odor Sleuth user have to remain or else it wears off?
Yeah those should work too but like Sceptile said you don't have bring it's health all the way to red to catch them.

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
How do I fight Gladion at the League Title Defense? I've already beaten all other Title Defense challengers and it's been 31 days since I caught Necrozma and became Champion. I also talked to Wicke, visited his motel room and completed the Rainbow Rocket Episode, but I've been soft-resetting for two hours and still didn't get Gladion. Or doesn't he actually show up until a month has passed after the Rainbow Rocket Episode?

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
How do I fight Gladion at the League Title Defense? It's been 31 days since I caught Necrozma and became Champion. I also talked to Wicke, visited his hotel room and completed the Rainbow Rocket Episode, but I've been soft-resetting for two hours and still didn't get Gladion. Or doesn't he actually show up until a month has passed after the Rainbow Rocket Episode?
Did you see the postgame scene with Mohn?

PiatbrO

Uber Leader
Yes, they do change.

EDIT: I've been soft resetting for another three hours now and still no Gladion. This is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Anyway haven't been able to find this for quite a while. Lillie is always at Kukui's house in Ultra Sun and mentions that she wants to be a Battle Tree partner.

How do i grant her that wish, i can't find any guides ?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Anyway haven't been able to find this for quite a while. Lillie is always at Kukui's house in Ultra Sun and mentions that she wants to be a Battle Tree partner.

How do i grant her that wish, i can't find any guides ?
Have you beaten Team Rainbow Rocket? There are notes talking about completing "Episode RR" before Lillie will join you in the Battle Tree.

Pokefan_1987

Have you beaten Team Rainbow Rocket? There are notes talking about completing "Episode RR" before Lillie will join you in the Battle Tree.
I beat that several months ago, i've also fought Gladion more than once in Title Defense and have also found and watched Mohn's cutscene where he visits the Aether Foundation facility and meets up with Lusamine again.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You just select her as a partner at the Battle Tree multibattles. Taling to her at Kukui's about it just rerolls her Battle Tree team so you can try to get the best sets for her.

Pokefan_1987

You just select her as a partner at the Battle Tree multibattles. Taling to her at Kukui's about it just rerolls her Battle Tree team so you can try to get the best sets for her.
I tested it and the game only tells me to put my finger on the touchpad and only tries to look for online partners, no npc partners

Pokefan_1987

Read the dialogue when starting multibattles, it asks if you want to join with another player or with NPC
I did and it only asks if i want to join another player. No prompt for NPC option. Are there other hidden triggers?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I did and it only asks if i want to join another player. No prompt for NPC option. Are there other hidden triggers?
It asks "do you want to communicate with another player and take this challenge together?". Answer No to that if you want to join with an NPC, "another player" refers to living players, aka a multiplayer option. After selecting No, choose your two Pokémon and after that you can pick which NPC partner joins you in the battle tree