• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon HELP THREAD

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
It's been a while since i did a last playthrough of Ultra Sun and i'm stuck with just prepping ideas.
I remember that predicting when Grassy Shield is used and Zing Zap can do a lot of damage and Dedenne's Charm spamming is very annoying.

My strongest available members
Primarina lvl 36
Torracat lvl 26
Salandit lvl 27 (Female not evolved yet)
Gengar lvl 43
Cubone 24 (Planning to have Alolan Marowak)

Pokefan_1987

Wait Dedenne? Aren't we talking about the Totem Pokemon Togedemaru?
Yes i meant Dedenne which is one of the helpers Togedemaru can summon as a aid. I want to figure out how to recover the attack stats if it spams too many Charm (Lowers attack by one stage) unfortunately you can't fly back to Aether Paradise to get Toxic early since it was a scripted event.
Incineroar will be vulnerable since Flame charge is physical and Flamethrower isn't until level 44

Salazzles Corrosion allows poison conditions, like from Smog but the problem is even with Venoshock (i don't know if Charm affects Venoshock) hoping for not being KO'd since Smog only has 70% Accuracy.
Salazzle is part of trying to employ a strategy since my main starter was Primarina but i almost have Incineroar (From a Wonder Trade Litten)
Marowak being a fire type is a backup.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Use a Guard Spec to protect against Charm or simply switch. Also your Gengar is so high level it should have no trouble dominating that totem fight

Houka

Yes i meant Dedenne which is one of the helpers Togedemaru can summon as a aid. I want to figure out how to recover the attack stats if it spams too many Charm (Lowers attack by one stage) unfortunately you can't fly back to Aether Paradise to get Toxic early since it was a scripted event.
Incineroar will be vulnerable since Flame charge is physical and Flamethrower isn't until level 44

Salazzles Corrosion allows poison conditions, like from Smog but the problem is even with Venoshock (i don't know if Charm affects Venoshock) hoping for not being KO'd since Smog only has 70% Accuracy.
Salazzle is part of trying to employ a strategy since my main starter was Primarina but i almost have Incineroar (From a Wonder Trade Litten)
Marowak being a fire type is a backup.
Venoshock is Speical so it's ineffective, Flame burst from Salazzle should be more then enough to deal with Togedemaru. Marowak/Incineroar can help out too, Gaurd Spec will prevent states from lower and maybe Defense and/or Sp/ Defense boosting can go along way.

Pokefan_1987

Looks like Salazzle did all of the work. After Togedemaru used the first Spiky Shield i used the Toxic on my second turn. after that i used a X Sp Def and kept spamming hyper potions and Roto HP heal twice. Then Dedenne was no match for Toxic and Venoshock.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I had every move registered in Home with the exception of four: Freeze Shock, Ice Burn, Relic Song and Hyperspace Fury. It took about three months and some favors from friends but after a few link battles in USUM with them I was finally able to get a Smeargle knowing all four of those moves into Home. Now I have registered every Pokémon, Ability and move from Generation VIII and earlier registered. Super happy.

Pokefan_1987

I might be planning a new Ultra Sun playthrough but since i want to do a playthrough with Popplio (Then get Incineroar and Greninja from trades)

Need to find out ASAP.....what is the best pokemon i should catch to defeat Totem Araquanid? It always gives me a LOT of trouble early on. and it was quite a while since i played.

Pokefan_1987

So far new team is Popplio Pichu Magnemite Metapod Zorua and Grubbin. Popplio's Disaarming voice will be really handy.

Pokefan_1987

EUREKA I MANAGED TO CHEESE THE FIGHT, FOUND OUT MY LEVEL 52 SNUBBULL FROM WONDER TRADE HAD HIIDDEN POWER FLY.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I might be planning a new Ultra Sun playthrough but since i want to do a playthrough with Popplio (Then get Incineroar and Greninja from trades)

Need to find out ASAP.....what is the best pokemon i should catch to defeat Totem Araquanid? It always gives me a LOT of trouble early on. and it was quite a while since i played.
Supersonic Skystrike Hawlucha could potentially OHKO It

Pokefan_1987

Just beat most of the post game hard battles chose Blue as the challenge outside the battle tree. I still got wiped by the last 2 veterans outside. They had Houndoom, Comfey, Whimsicott, Magmortar, Lilligant but i don't remember the last one. I had Primarina, Decidueye, Magnezone, Swampert, Dusk Mane Necrozma and Incineroar.

Still i'm not touching the Rainbow Rocket story anytime soon. One of the puzzles where you have to remember a pattern, and the grunt interrupts you trying to make you forget the pattern. Worst thing is the pattern is always random so guides aren't any good.

Last edited:

Annoyed

My physical copy of US keeps crashing my 3ds. What can I do to stop it? If it helps, it crashes right after the Alolan Meowth part of the intro, right as it goes into the house.

Annoyed

My physical copy of US keeps crashing my 3ds. What can I do to stop it? If it helps, it crashes right after the Alolan Meowth part of the intro, right as it goes into the house.
It might have to do with my using an original 3DS, and it only crashes at that one part. Oh, also I started playing today.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
It might have to do with my using an original 3DS, and it only crashes at that one part. Oh, also I started playing today.

Yea heard it plays badly on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeMoonSun/comments/rtwhpu

Found something here you can try.

Also double check your sd card for any dust or dirt and wipe it off carefully with a soft cloth. (Issues can happen due to even a small amount of either.)