• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Finished catching all the legendaries in the Ultra Wormholes. Some of them were really annoying because I was running out of Roto Catch, Cobalion took over 40 Ultra Balls before I got it. Also caught all the Tapus, Necrozma, and Solgaleo. Still need to catch Zygarde and collect Cosmog and I'll have all the legendaries gathered. I'm happy with the balls I've been using, I've got Mesprit, Tapu Fini, and Uxie in Dive Balls, Zapdos in a Fast Ball, Groudon in a Heavy Ball, and Regice in a Premier Ball.

Also went on a little experiment. I discovered that Mind Blown is affected by Magic Guard, as in, Magic Guard prevents Mind Blown from doing self-damage so it becomes a very powerful spammable move. I wanted to see if I could take that idea to the next level with Sheer Force, which also blocks Life Orb damage, so I went on to test that. Had to make my way over to the Battle Tree to get Skill Swap and find myself a Sheer Force Braviary, but after all that I managed to test it. Unfortunately Mind Blown doesn't get affected by Sheer Force and Blacephalon still damages itself with it. A bit of a disappointment, as I was really looking forward to building a doubles combo with that. Braviary sets up Tailwind while partner Skill Swaps, then switch in Blacephalon through U-Turn while Skill Swapping again, and then I'd have a Life Orb + Sheer Force boosted Mind Blown Blacephalon in Tailwind conditions ready to annihilate the opposition, because that'd hit ridiculously hard and hopefully avoid both Life Orb and Mind Blown self-damage.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just cleared Mallow’s trial in Ultra Moon, but it was as anticlimactic as possible. I started off with my Sap Sipper Stantler I transferred from Pokémon Silver and it just took one Supersonic Skystrike to take down Totem Lurantis, when last time it took me forever to beat it. Though as anticlimactic as it was, it just just earned Stantler a permanent spot on the team since it’s now been my ace for taking down 2 Totem Pokémon (the other being Totem Araquanid)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I evolved Rockruff and finished EV training my Scyther. Shall evolve and send it over in place of Charjabug who is honestly just wasting a spot on the team.

The only two members I have fully decided on are Decidueye and Garchomp. Really stuck on rounding out the rest of the team. Wanting a Fire/Water/Grass and Steel/Dragon/Fairy core, with potentially a Fighting type to round out team.

Maybe, Decidueye, Garchomp, Gyarados, Infernape, Scizor, Tyranitar. Whole lot of training required. Maybe Blaziken instead so I can have five Megas lol.

---------------------

In Ultra Sun, I have finished up on Akala Island, and I am just about to head to Aether Foundation. I think I'll evolve Dartrix and Gible first before I do that.

Li_Syaoran

I defeated Hau and is now Champion of Alola! He was very tough, maybe not as strong as Kukui but otherwise a worthy last opponent.
I was surprised that his Vaporeon outspeed my Pikachu...

My team is around Lv. 55:

Pikachu (I Choose You)
Fearow
Lycanroc (Dusk)
Torterra
Incenroar
Feraligatr

Believe it or not, but Fearow is not that bad and is pretty fun to use. The Z-Mirror Move is incredible. 2+ in Attack and the copied move will become its corresponding Z-Move. He sweep Kahili himself thanks to Z-Mirror Move.
My other members were also good, except maybe Pikachu ... But he has Max Affection, so his Z-Move, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt always do critical hit! That's awsome!

Last edited:
Since defeating Ultra Necrozma last week, I have been soft resetting for shiny Poipole because I ADORE its shiny form. It's the final two weeks of my university semester, so things have been exceptionally crazy. I've ben Spring an hour or two here and there to destress and after a week I FINALLY got shiny Poipole! AND it has a neutral nature, which was exciting to me because I was worried I would finally get it and its nature would be horrendous. I almost didn't believe it when I saw it. I then finally left Ultra Megalopolis and continued the story. Lusamine and Lillie left to take Solgaleo to Aether Paradise. I left to get a couple TMs I knew I wanted to grab, such as Flamethrower in Vast Poni Canyon (I missed it the first time) and Thunderbolt (because I now have access to Machamp Shove). I was at 98 Totem Stickers and knew one was post game, so I used Serebii's guide and realized the one I was missing was on Exeggutor Island. I sailed there and grabbed it and saved in Seafolk Village so I can do Mina's trial when I pick up the game again.

This Poipole hunt was super nice for me personally because I've tried to do hunts in the past and always give up because I get bored. I'm just happy I stuck one out and got it. It was so exhilarating, and I will definitely do more for the Ultra Beasts.

Houndoom (55)
Dusk Lycanroc (55)
Araquanid (56)
Wigglyutff (57)
Pom-Pom Oricorio (57)
Shiny Poipole (40) ~I sent Hawlucha to the box since it was the strongest member and so I can focus on training everyone with my new baby Poipole~

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Following the battle against Dexio I did a sweep of the portion of Heahea City accessible at the moment obtaining enough Totem Stickers to get the first of the Totem Sized Pokémon, the Ultra Sun exclusive Gumshoos. Progressed onto Route 4 and amongst the Pokémon I caught was an Eevee that I planned to add to my team. Ended up transferring said Eevee temporarily to my Moon game to evolve it to Vaporeon in the process of "loaning" some of my battle ready Pokémon to Ultra Sun for the upcoming Battle Competition but in hindside that was unnecessary since you can get a free evolution stone from the Paniola Ranch.

After beating Hau in Paniola Town, I made my way to the Paniola Ranch where Mallow registered Stoutland onto my Poke Pager. Made my way to the Nursery to obtain the Hidden Power TM and the Eevee egg and with Rotom bestowing me the Hatching Roto Power I took the opportunity to hatch with Tauros' help. Showed off the newly hatched Eevee to one of the Nursery attendants and picked the Fire Stone as my freebie.

Team update:

Datrix (Takumi)
Gible (Terrafin)
Vaporeon (Shigure)
Magnemite (Polaris)
Wingull
Growlithe

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

I completed the Dex in Ultra Moon, saving Guzzlord for last. Took me a while before getting it, but I was really happy to. Got my stamps and Shiny Charm, and now I'm trying to find the last 3 Totem Stickers, and I'm not sure what areas I haven't seen at this point, what spots I missed. Part of me wants to look without a guide and be really satisfied when I find them all without... much help, or I could cave and look it up.

I'm currently trying to get the high score for Poni->Ula'Ula's surfing course. I have a Timid Syncho Abra, so I'm mostly ready to pick up that Surfchu, I just need to surpass 58,000 points, or whatever that guy has. I'm legit surprised there were people that can do that minigame very few times and get the top spot easily in every beach, and I'm having a lot of trouble doing that. Is everyone just immediately really good at Mantine Surf? I don't think I'm THAT bad at it...

Baggie_Saiyan

I sent 2-3hrs looking for the last 2 totem stickers, even got to the point I had to go back to the start and look... And it turned out they were in the two most obvious places, I never checked thm cuz I was like I deffo must have got that lol.

Anyway on to completing the Dex!

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Mostly been doing random things, like battling at the Battle Tree, get more Pokémon, more side quest stuff, Ultra Warp Ride and so on. Happened to find and catch a Latios, while I was trying to find Regice. Anyways, I finally decided it was time to go deal with Team Rainbow Rocket, and went to the Aether Foundation. Met up with Lillie, and we soon discovered that Faba had betrayed the foundation, and was working with Team Rainbow Rocket. Lillie and I managed to fight him off, and we headed into the mansion to look for Lusamine. With Guzma's help, I was able to begin heading further into the HQ, and eventually met and fought against Archie of Team Aqua from another world. After defeating him, I pressed the hidden button behind the painting in his room, before returning to the entrance.

Then I explored the other area open to me, eventually coming across Maxie from Team Magma of another world. After defeating him, I pressed the other button, gaining access to the areas upstairs. Archie and Maxie met up and challenged each other to a battle, but were warped away before they could begin. Time to explore the second floor.

Current team:

Strix the Decidueye - Level 75
Yuzu the Lycanroc - Level 71
Mariposa the Butterfree - Level 70
Kiara the Pyroar - Level 70
Stella the Starmie - Level 70
Auriel the Lucario - Level 70

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Rounding out Melemele for my post champion island hop to make sure I didn't miss anything, I finished up Ilmia's last trial of putting the normal Z crystal back on the pedestal. That was a fun way to "end" the island challenges. Made my way over to Akala and showed the Belhop the Magmar at the hotel. Made my way to talk to Kiawe and now just need to meet him at Thrifty Mega Mart when I continue back up.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Now that I have a self-caught shiny Guzzlord, I only have Xurkitree left for shiny UB's on my US version.
I am currently in Xurkitree's Ultra Space, and I am SR'ing for it now.
Once I finish this hunt, I may continue hunting for some more shiny legendaries through the Ultra Wormhole. I find moving through the space looking for good wormholes actually somewhat fun.

I also still plan on playing through my UM version and hunting for its exclusive UB's and legendaries. I may also SR for another shiny Poipole to keep as a Poipole for my collection. My shiny Naganadel is nearly level 100 now, and once it gets there, I still plan on trading over some Bottle Caps for it from my Sun version.

Oh my goodness, I've done a lot since last night. I completed Mina's trial (Totem Ribombee was difficult). I only managed to win by using Toxic on Ribombee. I then climbed Mount Lanakila, grabbed the Icium Z, caught Necrozma, received the N-Solarizer and N-Lunarizer from Colress, and made my way to the Pokemon League. Molayne was the most difficult for me because my team is pretty weak to Steel-types. I proceeded and became the first ever Alolan champion. I then grabbed a second Poipole from the GTS because I want to keep my shiny one in its base stage. I evolved the second one to register Naganadel. I battled Ilima and took his Normalium Z to Verdant Cavern. Totem Gumshoos really gave me some issues this time around! I then finally headed back to Poni Island, where Wicke gave me Type: Null and all of its drives. I proceeded and caught 2 Modest Blacephalon. I traded one on the GTS for a Stakataka. Hau took me back to my house and Sophocles barged in the next day. We went to Festival Plaza and took down the TR grunts using the Battle Agency. I then watched the press conference on the TV. I'm now in Episode Rainbow Rocket.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Continued exploring, and eventually met up with Cyrus. Had a battle against him, won and managed to get the mirror door open. However, I still needed to activate the teleporter. After having Lillie heal my team, I went to the other path, and after navigating past several Meowth statues, I reached Lysandre. Got into a battle against him, and managed to activate the teleporter. As I went back to find Lusamine with Lillie, Ghetsis showed up to block our path. Battled against him, and managed to defeat him. Ghetsis wouldn't accept his defeat and tried to take Lillie hostage. However, Colress came to our rescue and sent Ghetsis back to his own world. With all the other Team Leaders defeated, Lillie and I went to confront the leader of this operation, Giovanni. I battled against Giovanni, and while his Mewtwo gave me a bit of trouble, I ultimately defeated him with my Decidueye's Z-Move. With Giovanni defeated, Aether Paradise returned to normal. Faba tried to deny his involvement in what happened, but ended up accidentally confessing to everything, leading to Lusamine demoting him. In the end, Giovanni wondered what other worlds he could bring his plans to, before disappearing to parts unknown.

Current team:

Strix the Decidueye - Level 78
Yuzu the Lycanroc - Level 74
Kiara the Pyroar - Level 74
Stella the Starmie - Level 74
Auriel the Lucario - Level 74
Mariposa the Butterfree - Level 73

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
My continued attempts to locate Latias in Ultra Space keep ending in failure. In the process of trying this week, I caught Narcoleptic (Uxie), 0_0 (Azelf), Sacred (Entei), Wireless (Virizion), Beerus (Mewtwo), sea birb (Lugia), Friend (Nihilego), and 3 Xurkitrees. I am pretty confident Latias is now the last remaining Legendary for me in Ultra Moon, aside from the trio members that require having their counterparts in your party. RNG at its finest, I guess.

I got my game in the mail yesterday afternoon, and I've basically been playing it non-stop since. (I did sleep last night, tho.) I made it to Ula'ula island, got my Stufful and Litten fully evolved, and I'm waiting on an Ice Stone from my Pelago to evolve my Vulpix, and for day to break in-game to evolve my Fomantis. My Noibat has a long way to go before he'll evolve, and his movepool is pretty trashy in his current state, so he's really tough to train. My Bewear and Incineroar are cleaning house in the meantime, tho, and even unevolved, my Fomantis is still kicking booty. I'm currently waiting on a response in the trade forums for help evolving my Feebas, and it's taking way too long.

The biggest difficulty spike I've encountered so far was the Totem Marowak fight. Ghost/Fire is a surprisingly good type combination defensively, and Alolan Marowak is a tough Pokemon offensively, too.

EDIT: I'm also making a note to always be as overlevelled as possible when facing trials and story dungeons. My team being transferred from Sun makes everything SO much easier, because I feel like I'd be struggling HARD if I weren't gaining levels faster, or if I didn't have access to end-game moves from the start.

Last edited:

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Pretty pleased that Gamefreak added more trainers to Mt.Lanakila, now it feels like a traditional victory road imo. And with my final preparations, it's time for the Elite Four!
Acerola was as easy as in SM. Excalibur and Bancho made quick work of her party.
Kahili was harder due to Railgun's Bug typing, but otherwise manageable.
Molayne managed to KO Gaia and Charlotte, so I had to sacrifice two other party members while reviving them.
Olivia was the hardest imo. Somewhere along the way, half of my party were KO'd before her Lycanroc and Gigalith were defeated.
For Hau, I did what I always do and made sure every party member had a chance to fight. Crabominable and Tauros were much more dangerous than I expected though. They were genuinely the most difficult parts of the battle for me.
Once all that was done, the Elite Four greeted us, and we went back to Iki Town for a party. So glad USUM doesn't have a Tapu Koko fight, because the ending cutscenes feel a lot smoother without it. Next up is Rainbow Rocket! ...And finishing the dex.

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.59
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.59
  • Aegislash (Excalibur) lv.59
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.59
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.59
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.59

Last edited:

Crobat_Curse

Recently defeated Sophocles' trial; the totem Togedemaru was deceptively difficult -- it took out the entirety of my team except Mankey! Since then, I've made my way through Route 12 and spent a good hour or so farming BP from Mantine Surf to spruce up the team's movesets a little. Brionne, Jangmo-O and Tynamo all evolved too, which is just as well because the latter two were seriously starting to lag behind.

730.png

Otari[38] @ Waterium-Z
{Modest}; Sparking Aria, Work Up, Icy Wind, Hyper Voice

783.png

Banjo[38] @ Amulet Coin
{Naive}; Sky Uppercut, Aqua Tail, Iron Head, Work Up

741-pau.png

Wanda[38] @ Flynium-Z
{Timid}; Air Slash, Calm Mind, Icy Wind,
Hidden Power

357.png

Caspian[38] @ Grassium-Z
{Adamant}; Dragon Dance, Bulldoze, Seed Bomb, Fly

603.png

Tex[39] @ Eviolite
{Quiet}; Charge Beam, Aqua Tail, Spark, Crunch

056.png

Lucia[39] @ Fightium-Z
{Jolly}; Brick Break, Iron Tail, Ice Punch, Close Combat

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Been doing a lot a quest and finished up everything in Akala. Made my way through most of Ula'Ula hitting every trainer again to make sure I didn't miss something. Thought it was kinda cool that Grimsly mentions that he hasn't heard the title Champion in a while. Stopped for now right before the Ula'Ula Meadow. Started the Eevee quest as well in which I have 3 of the members completed.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
After 15 hours of Wormhole Running over the last two weeks, I finally caught a Mewtwo. Timid Nature first time. Planning to send it against Giovanni's Mega Mewtwo.

Time to finally finish RR!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
After doing what was possible from the portion of Route 5 accessible from the Paniola Ranch, I headed to Brooklet Hill for the first of Akala Island's trials. Due to me getting lucky with Shigure the Vaporeon having HP Electric, I taught Hidden Power to Shigure and Thief to Wingull before proceeding with the battle against Totem Araquanid. Lead off with Wingull stealing Araquanid's Wacan Berry with Thief before switching in Shigure to debuff the Totem and its Dewpider ally with Baby Doll Eyes before taking them down with Hidden Power. Opted to let Lana take me back to the Pokémon Centre so I can heal my team before I returned to the trial site to catch the Pokémon that can be found there.

Last edited: