• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Finished my island hop by beating the "Defeat all trainers" Veteran and then collecting my Eevee Z Crystal. Looks like all I have left at this point is to do Ultra Space for legendary Pokemon and then Battle Tree. I loved all the little side missions and mini events they added to this game. I was taken back when I triggered the Exeggutor Island event. While different than what was in vanilla Sun and Moon, it was still nice.

So I've been powering thru the main story this weekend, all the way up to the Gladion fight at the foot of Mt. Lanakila. Everybody on my team except Feebas has fully evolved, and my team has consistently been pushing the top range of my grand trial stamp's obedience limits. I really wanna evolve my Feebas before I do anything else, but it's a trade evolution, and I don't have any trade partners rn.

This rumored "difficulty spike" business? A big joke. Some fights have been challenging, sure, but I've never struggled excessively hard to take down any foe I've faced thus far. I got a lot of one- and two-hit KO's on the story bosses, the Kahuna and Captain fights have been relatively easy, and leveling has been consistent and quick throughout the entire game. All in all, the game has been just challenging enough to make me have to think and be careful, but not overwhelmingly difficult to the point of needing to resort to cheese tactics to survive. LOL watch me say all this and then struggle against Victory Road and the E4, that would be some poetic justice!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Trying to finish the Pokedex.
Really wish there was a VS Seeker in this game.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Success! The Latias Ultra Space was found and I got her shiny after a few hundred SR's or so. Decided to start up the normal double battles at the Battle Tree after that. I'm experimenting with some weather teams right now and I've gotten my streak up at 10. But I imagine that the super double battles are still going to absolutely wreck me.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Went searching in Ultra Space for Guzzlord again. I finally found one. Also found a Shiny Lombre along the way. That brings my shiny count from UWS up to 5 now. I plan on getting a few Synchronizers to start going for legendary Pokemon now as that's all I have left to collect.

Aquarelle

Staff member
A few days ago, I returned to Malie Garden and fought Guzma. His Masquerain wasn't a problem as my Lapras was able to KO it without much trouble. Golisopod, though, was kinda tough, especially due to First Impression & Sucker Punch. One of my Pokemon fainted to it, though I can't remember which one.

Once all that was over, I went to Route 11 and started heading to Tapu Village. I explored Routes 11-13, as well as the Blush Mountain area. Along the way, I stopped at the beach to do some more Mantine Surfing. I surfed over to Heahea City, where I used some of my BP to tutor Fire Punch to my Incineroar. Also, I got the Totem Araquanid & Salazzle.

Finally, I surfed back to Ula'ula, and eventually made it to Tapu Village.

Cutty

Forever now
I have beat the game and completed the national dex recently.

My current activities in Ultra Sun are grinding the Battle Tree for BP, hunting for Shiny Pennywise Blacephalon in Pony Grove (at 400 REs), catching Ultra beasts & legendaries in Ultra Worm hole (have caught 2 Buzzwole, Nihilego, Articuno, Latios & Azelf so far), and occasionally doing competitive battles.

I continued with the Rainbow Rocket story a little last night. I found a bunch of Grunts, and then Guzma showed up to help. His personality is always great to see. Lillie stayed behind to act as a healer as I fought through the two wings of the Rainbow Rocket's Mansion and defeated Archie an Maxie. Archie was quite challenging for my team, especially since I added Poipole and Blacephalon to my team for the post game. Since they aren't as trained up as my original team, it was actually difficult. I ended up beating Maxie on the first go, but it took me a second time to beat Archie. The second time I revised my strategy and sent out Wigglytuff first so that his Mightyena's Intimidate would trigger my Wigglytuff's Competitive and boost its Special Attack. I was then able to take out Mightyena with Dazzling Gleam and Crobat with Shattered Psyche (coming off of Psychic).

Archie and Maxie being sucked back into their own worlds after realizing they were both working with TRR was HILARIOUS to me.

I'm now ready to take on the next two corridors in the mansion.

So, maybe I might've lied a little, about not wanting to progress further before evolving my Feebas. I made it thru Victory Road, caught Necrozma (quite easily, I might add, with one Ultra Ball after hitting it twice with Lurantis's Leech Life) and used the N-Solarizer and N-Lunarizer to fuse my Sun and my UM Necrozmas with my Solgaleo and Lunana from SM, then spent a few Heart Scales getting their moves set up decently. I also kinda bebopped around the game for a little while, making sure I've battled everyone I could prior to the league. I'm still waiting on help to evolve my Feebas before I challenge the League, but I'm away from my WiFi for a little while longer.

EDUT: YAAAASSSSS! FINALLY My Feebas has been evolved! It's time to tackle the League!

Last edited:

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Actually, I changed my mind about Rainbow Rocket. I started the episode, but quickly lost interest unfortunately >>
So yeah, I've been working on the dex since beating the game a couple of days ago. Caught a pair of Blacephalon with Hau and the URS and went home. Ran into Sina and Dexio while exploring Poni Island, caught Zygarde and battled Dexio again to create one with Power Construct. And because I had an opportunity, I evolved my OT Rockruff into Lycanroc and collected the other world's Cosmog.
I've also been hunting UBs via the Ultra Wormhole. It's a fun minigame imo - the furthest I've traveled was 3586 light years. My favourite world has to be Guzzlord's because of the whole ruined alternate Hau'Oli city aesthetic. Second place goes to Buzzwole's because of that funky bgm. Still no shinies though

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.70
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.70
  • Aegislash (Excalibur) lv.70
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.70
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.70
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.70

I had a little time between schoolwork and going to work just now and decided to do a little more in the Rainbow Rocket storyline. I went to the left and battled through until I reached Cyrus. I defeated him and received the Galactic Key. I used it to bring down the mirror door blocking the warp panel in the room Lillie is in. I then headed to the right and battled my way through to Lysandre. He was easy to fight until Xerneas came out. It set up a Geomancy but I thought I would be fine because I had used Toxic on it. But then Lysandre used a Full Restore and Xerneas swept my team with its boosted stats. I saved beforehand, though, so next time I pick up I'm going to open the game back up and make a strategy to defeat Lysandre's Xerneas.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I found a shiny magcargo.......for the third time in a row, I am actually sick of seeing them already and its only my 3rd time seeing them.

On a positive note, I was able to trade away one of my Buzzwole (after giving it a heart scale to hold) for a Stakataka

Aquarelle

Staff member
After talking to people around Tapu Village, I went to Route 15 briefly. I met up with Hau & Acerola at the Aether House, then battled a Team Skull Grunt outside who was bothering Lillie.

Next, I headed to Route 14. I battled the trainers there before going into the megamart to do Acerola's trial. During the Trial, I took pictures of the Gastly line with my PokeFinder and battled them, too. I defeated the Gastly/Haunter/Gengar I fought with my Oricorio's Revelation Dance.

Then, I fought the Totem Mimikyu. I started the fight with my Comfey, since its Leech Seed is just so useful. Comfey was able to break Mimikyu's Disguise and defeat the SOSed Banette partner, too, before it fainted. I then sent out Incineroar and managed to defeat the totem with Inferno Overdrive. With Mimikyu out of the way, I just had to defeat the Jellicent it'd called in. That took a few turns, since Incineroar kept getting confused by Water Pulse and I didn't want to switch or have it KO itself in confusion.

Got the Ghostium Z, then saved.

Team:
727.png
131.png
764.png
754.png
741-pau.png
424.png

Lv. 36-38

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
After progressing through Route 6, I made my way to the Royal Avenue where I was dragged into a Battle Royale after setting foot in the Battle Royale Dome. Made my way to Wela Volcano Park next (not before battling the trainers on Route 7) for Kiawe's trial. My newly evolved Pelipper easily dealt with the first two battles of trial with Totem Marowak proving to be a bit more of a challenge. Getting access to Charizard Glide will help make revisiting areas for anything not accessible during the first visit a lot easier.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon - I've been really hesitant about tackling the League because of how the game forces you to do things like catch the new UBs and stuff afterwards. So I've decided to try completing as much of the Pokedex in both games instead. Suffice to say, after many hours of transferring back-and-forth with Poke Bank and porting with the Transporter, I'm nearing the 100% mark in both games. Still, I'm a little irked that some things can't be acquired until post-game.

Though it is interesting that despite being able to acquire not one but two extra Cosmog to evolve into Cosmoem, it never occurred to me not to evolve one of my Type: Null from SM to make my job of clearing the Dex in the next games easier.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i managed to gain 30 plaza levels to get to lvl 92 and i still have another good plaza luck for today.

i also took some time to get more pokedex entries and breed out some Sentret to use as GTS fodder and got this beauty by pure luck within 25 eggs. i had to reset the pairing as the everstone was missing in previous pairing and got this furret when i corrected the error. i spent some time both in Sun and UM to raise Sakura's levels/EVs/moves and finally got around to taking some cute pics of her.

in retrospect i could've brought the love/dream(????) ball variant i had in stock in Sun as this is a level ball variant. i wasnt exactly looking for a shiny or couldnt bother to SR as i didnt save at any predicted point. i like her as she is

here's she's trying to look scary and force the opponent to flee. though i dont think its very effective....
Sakura1.jpg

im really liking the pokemon studio feature they put in the game. i wasnt too sold on it but it gave me the option to take more pics of my fav pokemon.

Last edited:
I ultimately managed to defeat Lysandre and his Xerneas. I then made my way back and found Lillie. Ghetsis appeared and battled me. Out of the leaders, he was probably the easiest. Zekrom's Bolt Strike hit super hard, but most of my Pokemon outsped it so I could use Revives and get an extra hit on it. However, Giovanni... I lost to Mega Mewtwo X two or three times. I ultimately called in backup in the form of swapping out Poipole and Houndoom on my party for Magearna and Marshadow. I had started to train them up in Moon and they coincidentally were at similar levels as the rest of my US in-game team. This time around, when Giovanni sent out Mewtwo, I sent out Magearna. I used Thunder Wave on it, and after it fell to a second Earthquake from Mewwtwo, I sent in Marshadow, who was able to finish it with 2 Shadow Sneaks.

With Episode Rainbow Rocket coming to a close, I am now ready to finish exploring the parts of Poni Island I haven't yet been to. Likewise, I'm excited to finally get the last Totem Sticker and battle the Battle Tree to get the Kantonian Starter Mega Stones.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Had a busy night in Ultra Sun. Started breeding for my Synchronize Abra's, the goal is to have one of each nature. Not sure why I haven't done this yet but better late then ever. While those eggs were hanging out in the hotsprings (managed to get 15 natures so far) I went in Ultra Warp. Managed to get good natured/IV'd Ho-oh, Azelf, Cobalion, and Heatran last night as well as two shiny Lombre's and one shiny Crustle.

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Ultra Sun - After completing 99% of the Pokedex (I'm only missing Type: Null, Stakataka, and Blacephalon), and finally getting Rotom to call me "Master" (such an ordeal--I was lucky in UM that he asked out of the blue while I was SR'ing), I decided it was time to take on the League. Despite my misgivings, my team performed stupendously, with Acerola being the easiest and Kahili giving me some trouble (I guess). The final battle against Hau was a joke. I miss the battle against Kukui in SM--at least he was a challenge. I wish the credit roll was shorter, but whatever. First thing I'm going to do post-game is pick up Type: Null from Wicke and catch myself a Blacephalon.

Partita the Decidueye (Level 67)
Sirius the Dusk Form Lycanroc (Level 67)
Xiaoling the Bewear (Level 67)
Hui the Zoroark (Level 66)
Ragno the Araquanid (Level 67)
Shaina the Arbok (Level 67)

Ultra Moon - With 99% of the Pokedex completed here likewise, I began my second League challenge. I've only taken down one member so far--Molayne--with difficulty. I'm pretty sure his was the exception and not the rule; I can't imagine Olivia or Acerola or Kahili giving me a similarly hard time with my current lineup. As soon as I beat the League, I'm going to hunt for a Stakataka and probably pick up Null.

Seraphina the Primarina
Asterion the Dusk Form Lycanroc
Katya the Tsareena
Avenir the Ampharos
Arne the Lopunny
Isaak the Malamar

After I evolved my Feebas, I took on the league, and had no extraordinary troubles with any of the E4 or Hau. Afterward, I fought Hala in Iki town, and his team was rather inflated in levels. I wasn't expecting that, but I triumphed regardless. Hala gave me the Z-crystals for the other two starters, and I headed up Mahalo Trail where I bumped into Lillie and Nebby--or rather, fully-evolved Nebby, aka Lunala--and immediately noped out. I poked around the game for a bit, battling any trainers I missed along all the routes I'd been to, and taking a few photos at the Photo Club thing. Nabbed a goodie of my Dusk Mane Necrozma acting all intense and stuff. The Photo Club thing is actually kinda fun, once you figure out how it works.

When I felt I was ready to advance the post-game story, I went and caught the two Stakatakas that were roaming Poni Grove. Then, I started the RR episode by going with Sophocles to Festival Plaza, and crushing the RR grunt with some actually-decent Agency rentals. I noped out of doing the Aether Paradise section for now, instead focusing on exploring the post-game parts of Poni Island, making it to Resolution Cave and the Battle Tree. I battled Red's OP team, noped out of the Zygarde encounter, and tried to evolve my event Rockruff. Sadly, since I'm playing UM instead of US, I have to wait until 5 AM to evolve it. I'm not awake at 5 AM, this is Tauros-puckey... :( EDIT: Apparently, I could have evolved my Rockruff if I'd gone to the Reverse World... I guess that's my mission for tomorrow, then.

Last edited: