• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I flew from Hau'oli Outskirts and flew to the Ancient Poni Path to continue onto the Battle Tree. I went on to Poni Grove to catch a Riolu and battled some Trainers there. Then I went onto Poni Plains and caught a Emolga and a Chansey. I battled a couple of Trainers and obtained TM90 Quash after battling all of the Trainers at Poni Plains. As I attempted to get into Poni Meadow, I was stopped by Dexio and Sina and battled Dexio. Although Mega Alakazam was a bit tough, I eventually defeated it and got a Key Stone and an Alakazamite. I then went onto Poni Coast and battled a couple of Trainers with Kantonian Pokémon and saved there.

Crobat_Curse

Since the previous update, I've managed to defeat Sophocles' trial without any casualties thanks to Persian and his HP Ground, which made quick work of the totem Togedemaru. I wasn't so forunate during the Guzma battle; none of my Pokemon were able to tank a hit from his obscenely-powerful Golisopod. I figured Brionne would be my best bet with Baby-Doll Eyes, but he still fell to a combination of First Impression and Razor Shell. However, he did manage to weaken it enough to allow Persian to clean up and avenge his death. In hindsight, I should've evolved Brionne in preparation, but the battle was thrust upon me unexpectedly after a cut-scene, so it wasn't entirely avoidable. I added Crabrawler to the team as a replacement, and he faired well up until Mount Lanakila, where he evolved and was promptly slaughtered by a crit Iron Head from a trainer's Gabite during his first battle as a Crabominable. Just my luck! Vikavolt -- my Mount Blush encounter -- has been rotated in as a replacement. Probably not the best idea to opt for another slow, bulky attacker, but I've been wanting to try one out for a while, and the team is notably low on Alola-native members.

Team:
428MS.png
Waltz[39] - Return, Splash, Jump Kick, Baton Pass
053AMS.png
Indiana[39] - Snarl, HP Ground, Water Pulse, Power Gem
199MS.png
Ruy[39] - Water Pulse, Nasty Plot, Psychic, Yawn
136MS.png
Roz[39] - Fire Fang, Protect, Flame Charge, Iron Tail
247MS.png
Vesper[39] - Bulldoze, Rock Polish, Rock Slide, Brick Break
738MS.png
Lucille[34] - Thunderbolt, Signal Beam, HP Fighting, Volt Switch

023MS.png
Rhapsody[6-14] - Killed by a wild Gumshoos during the first trial.
627MS.png
Guile[11-21] - Killed by totem Araquanid.
169MS.png
Zilla[7-23] - Killed by Salazzle during the Wela Park totem battle.
238MS.png
Yolanda[10-17] - Killed by a trainer's Machop during her first foray into battle.
729MS.png
Britt[5-33] - Fell to Guzma's Golisopod.
740MS.png
Gunner[27-37] - Killed by a crit Iron Head from a trainer's Gabite.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I finally finally found and caught a shiny Uxie which makes my collection of the shiny pixie trio complete. For those wondering, it was anywhere between 1800 and 2200 resets. I lost count when I decided to hunt without my tally sheet. It's a gentle nature which I wasn't too pleased with, but since it'll never be used competitively anyway, it doesn't really matter.

After celebrating my victory, I went to sell all the pearls, big pearls, nuggets, big nuggets, rare bones, pearl string, comet shards, etc. that I farmed from the mining area on Poke Pelago while shiny hunting. It totaled out to about 640,000 poke dollars, which I was quite pleased with. Then I finally took on the Elite Four again, beat Gladion, and got the cutscene between Mohn and Lusamine. Not as fulfilling as I hoped it would be, but still sweet nonetheless.

Now I'm currently debating as whether to revamp my team or not. I'd keep Sayaka (Primarina) since she's my starter and probably Lucario or Noivern, but I've had such a struggle with synergy on my team, that I just want to wipe the slate clean.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm bred an Alolan Vulpix from a Pokemon Silver Vulpix so that I could get one with Snow Warning.

I'm going to level it up and continue with the game.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Back on Route 15, I fought Plumeria near the Aether House. I managed to defeat her using my Mimikyu & Gorebyss, though both of them took quite a lot of damage. After the battle, I went to the nearby beach and got the Sharpedo Poke Ride from Grimsley.

Aside from that, I've been focusing on non-story things. I tried Mantine Surfing several more times, and got the high score at the Ula'ula Beach spot.

In Poke Pelago, I've been growing some new berries I obtained, collecting beans, and obtaining various things from Isle Aphun.

Over in Festival Plaza, I'm at Rank 185-186 now. I registered for the new Global Mission, too, and have already contributed over 130 beans.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I tried to update my collected beans total value for the Global Mission but I failed because the server was busy. Also at Festival Plaza, I won a Bottle Cap and a Max Elixir from the lottery shops. Unfortunately this time, there was nothing at Isle Abeens but I still decided to collect beans for the Global Mission and got my shards from Isle Aphun. After then, I had some tough battles with some Trainers on the way to the Battle Tree and did some Pokémon Refresh on my Pokémon after battles.

Flamer

Made my way through Diglett Tunnel and down to Konikoni City. Stopped in at the Police Station on the way, and battled a Ditto who was impersonating a policeman. One of the stranger encounters I've had in a Pokemon game

After exploring the city a bit and showing off a Z-Move to a guy who wanted to pluck up the courage to ask a girl out, I headed over to the the Ruins of Life to battle Olivia in my second Grand Trail. Turned out to be another difficult battle. I don't have any special attackers, or anyone who can really land a hit on Rock or Water types. Managed to win through with some clever item use and a well timed Roto Boost, but definitely need to look at getting a new addition or two to the team before my next challenge.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today, I went on Poké Pelago and at Isle Abeens, I collected my usual Poké Beans and I sent in my Pokémon at Isle Aphun for more shards. I finally managed to update my total for the current Global Mission and added 220 beans to the grand total at the Festival Plaza. I also participated in the lotteries at the lottery shops, spoke to fortune tellers and got my Pokémon into haunted houses to get my usual items and phrases. I eventually got the green Casual Shorts from buying it from a passerby, which took a long time because it was exclusive to Ultra Moon, so I could make my in-game character look like the female player character from Sun and Moon. My Festival Plaza rank is currently 36.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I decided to return to previous islands to visit areas I hadn't explored yet. Back on Melemele Island, I went to Ten Carat Hill. I found quite a few items while looking around, including the Flyinium Z. I also caught a Mawile, Carbink, and Rockruff.

After that, I explored the nearby Melemele Sea. I mostly just battled Swimmers, nothing too exciting. Once that was done, I returned to a few other places around the island (including Kala'e Bay, Verdant Cavern, and Sandy Cave) to access some new areas and items with the PokeRide options I have now.

Finally, I picked up some more beans on Poke Pelago. I've now contributed over 200 beans to the Global Mission.

Crobat_Curse

So I've progressed a massive amount in my nuzlocke run since my previous update. Totem Mimikyu was pretty terrifying and would've slaughtered my team at the time, so I decided to sacrifice my Sturdy Nosepass and my Torkoal from the PC to break its disguise and whittle away at its health, which allowed Vikavolt to clean up. I've also completed the remainder of the third island, including the Aether storyline, but unfortunately I lost Pupitar to Nanu's Persian along the way, and her replacement Fraxure fell pretty quickly to Lusamine's Lilligant. Poni Island brought a few devastating losses too; Vikavolt died to a random trainer's Garbodor due to a crit Gunk Shot, and I lost both Slowking and Masquerain (which replaced Vikavolt) during Mina's trial (to Kiawe and Mina herself, respectively). I was more fortunate with Ultra Necrozma thanks to a Endeavor/Focus Sash/Leech Seed Cottonee I had sitting in storage. In hindsight, it was a bit of a cheap tactic, but I'm almost certain I would have been swept otherwise. The Elite Four went without a hitch too; all my team members really pulled their weight, and Jellicent and Trevenant in particular were incredible tanks. Even my original captures Persian and Lopunny came through after really starting to lag behind during the latter stages of the game. With the E4 complete, I intend to take on the post-game, although I'm considering ending the nuzlocke component of the playthrough here, since I've read that the RR plot is particularly demanding, and I can't think of anything more painful than training random PC mons to the 70s if any deaths occur.

Team:
428MS.png
Waltz[64] - Return, Splash, High Jump Kick, Baton Pass
053AMS.png
Indiana[65] - Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Water Pulse, Power Gem
136MS.png
Roz[65] - Flare Blitz, Giga Impact, Flame Charge, Iron Tail
709MS.png
Tumptump[67] - Will-O-Wisp, Phantom Force, Horn Leech, Leech Seed
768MS.png
Valencia[65] - First Impression, Sucker Punch, Leech Life, Liquidation
593FMS.png
Agnes[65] - Toxic, Hex, Scald, Ice Beam

023MS.png
Rhapsody[6-14] - Killed by a wild Gumshoos during the first trial.
627MS.png
Guile[11-21] - Killed by totem Araquanid.
169MS.png
Zilla[7-23] - Killed by Salazzle during the Wela Park totem battle.
238MS.png
Yolanda[10-17] - Killed by a trainer's Machop during her first foray into battle.
729MS.png
Britt[5-33] - Fell to Guzma's Golisopod.
740MS.png
Gunner[27-37] - Killed by a crit Iron Head from a trainer's Gabite.
299MS.png
Halls[21-21] - Sacrificed to totem Mimikyu to break its disguise.
324MS.png
Toby[29-32] - Died to totem Mimikyu but tanked an incredible amount of hits and allowed Vikavolt to clean up. I would've undoubtedly been swept if it wasn't for this guy.
247MS.png
Vesper[21-43] - Killed by Nanu's Persian. Damn Z-Moves.
611MS.png
Rusty[30-47] - Replacement for Vesper; died pretty quickly to Lusamine's Lilligant. One level away from Haxorus too.
738MS.png
Lucille[23-48] - Killed by a Garbodor (of all things) when it landed a crit with Gunk Shot.
546MS.png
Ovis[12-23] - Quite possibly the MVP of the entire game; this guy single-handedly stopped Ultra Necrozma from sweeping the team using a combination of Endeavor and Focus Sash.
284MS.png
Io[27-54] - Died to Mina's Rimbombee and Twinkle Tackle. This one stung since I spent an absolute eon training her up. She was surprisingly potent while she lasted.
199MS.png
Ruy[4-56] - Fell to a crit Brave Bird from Kiawe's Talonflame. The most painful loss by far; I had really hoped to take all three Route 1 encounters till the very end, but he was still undeniably amazing throughout.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Since my last post, I've spent more time on Mantine Surfing. I'm finding it really fun, plus the BP I'm earning will be very useful later on.

I've also spent a lot of time on Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza as usual. I've now collected over 900 beans from Pelago for the Global Mission. On Isle Aphun, I've obtained a bunch of interesting items, including a couple of fossils! In the plaza, I made it to Rank 195 tonight. I tried out the Battle Agency a few times, too, and had great success today with a Togekiss I rented.

I continued with the main story today by returning to Route 15. I finished exploring that route and defeated the remaining trainers. Eventually, I made it to Route 16, and entered the Pokemon Center.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I collected more Poké Beans for the Global Mission and I further went on to get to the Battle Tree. I've made it but I need to grind my Pokémon before I even get there so that I can beat Red. After that, I went onto Festival Plaza to get my Festival Tickets and to add more beans to the total, with me having added 492 beans in total. After that, I flew back to the Alola Photo Club and had a photo shoot with Sylveon. Then I decorated my photo with stickers and I saved my game.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Currently defending the championship multiple times using my teams from all my old games. Basically only doing it to see who the new challengers for the League are.

Probably going to have some fun with the Battle tree after this. Haven’t battled Blue yet so need to check him out

Aquarelle

Staff member
A couple of days ago, I finished looking around Route 16 and continued to the Ula'ula Meadow. There, I took several pictures using the Poke Finder and defeated all of the trainers before heading to the Lake of the Moone. I didn't stay there for too long as I mainly wanted to just get the Psyshock TM.

Next, I made it to Route 17. Again, I did some exploring and defeated all the trainers before gaining access to Po Town.

Aside from that stuff, I went Mantine Surfing several more times (it's so addicting to me now!). I collected more beans on Poke Pelago, which brought my total contribution to the Global Mission to over 1000.

I've been soft resetting for Nihilego since the beginning of January and still have not come across a shiny one. I decided to take a break since I had been in Ultra Deep Sea for a month an a half and explore more of Ultra Space since I didn't earlier and instead have been in Ultra Deep Sea forever. I decided I wanted to hunt Altaria, but after looking for most of the day I only found shiny Sigilyph and Yanmega (which I'm definitely not complaining about). I'm now back in Ultra Deep Sea and will continue my hunt for Nihilego. I'm just glad my patience has grown because even just a year or two ago I would have given up a long time ago.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Making a killing in Festival Plaza and Pelago! Two VERY convenient money makers. Also, just got a Timid Jynx from the Isle Aplenty. About to make my way over to app Town while it’s raining outside in the real world. Very soothing.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So After spending a few weeks switching between Leaf Green and Ultra Moon I have decided that Popplio/Brionne is just to weak. Both Lopunny and Hawlucha were Much Stonger and i barely was even using Brionne.

Restarted again and decided Rowlet should have the honor of being my first Starter on the trip through Ultra Space. Named him Gumball. On the way through Route 1 i was running into nothing but Ledyba and Caterpie. Eventually managed to grab a Yungoos to help with the Iki town fight. Skipped all the Trainer's outside Kukui's, so i can level up a Magnemite. Named it Spark, when i found one. Also caught a Meowth for Pick-up as always. Despite Gumball and Spark both being weak to Fire types, i didn't have much trouble at the trainer school. Spark took out half of Litten's HP, and Gumball took out the other half.

Ended off catching a second Meowth named CatDog. Wondertraded it and Recieved a French Litten.

Team
"Gumball" the Rowlet lvl 11
"Spark" the Magnemite lvl 11

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went through Po Town this evening. I got through all of the Team Skull barricades by defeating several grunts in battle. Eventually, I made it to the Shady House and went inside.

I went through every room in the Shady House, finding many more Team Skull people to fight. Eventually, I reached Guzma's room and battled him. My Mimikyu managed to defeat Guzma's entire team on its own. Golisopod went down thanks to Mimikyu's Never-Ending Nightmare Z-move. Pinsir and Masquerain were KOed by Play Rough, which Mimikyu had finally learned before this battle.

With Guzma defeated, I picked up the Buginium Z and gave it to my Ariados to hold.

Over in Festival Plaza, I earned some FC from missions and then tried the Battle Agency again. I had a team of Sceptile, Suicune, and Hydreigon this time. I came close to getting swept by a Scizor, but I managed to survive and win all three battles. The FC I earned got my plaza to Rank 200!

Team:
778.png
760.png
758.png
168.png
368.png
685.png

Lv. 46-47

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Started off catching an Abra for the lady in the pokemon center. Then i leveled up both my pokemon to level 12 for the Ilima fight. It took 2 potions but, Spark managed to handle Smeargle's ember. Then spent some time Collecting the Totem Stickers and Items around town. Despite not being able to get a Dusk stone till Malie City, I decided Murkrow would make a great team member. Can help against all the Totem's on Akala, Against Hala, and Deal with fire types for awhile. First one i found Had Super Luck, which was Super Lucky. Named Her Robin. While training her, i caught a Spearow for the Hawlucha trade. Once everyone was level 13 i headed for the first trial. Robin handled the rattata and Team Skull's Drowzee very well. Spark handled the Raticate and Gumball handled Totem Raticate. Got Roto-Bargain on the way out so i bought 10 Luxury Balls. Don't know if i'll use them but whatever. Gave Robin the sharp Beak on the way through Route 3. Spark handled Ultra Recon and most of Hau's team. Only brought in Gumball for Pikachu.

Team
"Gumball" the Rowlet lvl 16
"Spark" the Magnemite lvl 17
"Robin" the Murkrow lvl 16

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I had a good run at the Ultra Wormhole today and caught a lot of legendaries. Caught Mewtwo, Uxie, Dialga, Moltres, Zapdos, Cobalion, Xerneas, and Reshiram. Most of them are in Luxury Balls, but Reshiram is in a Premier Ball, Uxie is in a Dive Ball, and Dialga is in a Timer Ball. But I'm most proud of managing to catch a Relaxed Cresselia in a Moon Ball, really happy with that, and on my first try too. Uxie was a pain to catch though, it kept on escaping the Dive Balls and when I finally caught it it kept on having the wrong nature, had to catch it five times before getting it and several of those times it took me over 20 Dive Balls.