• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

xEryChan

Demon Child
I decided to go to go through the Ultra Wormhole just to see what I could get. I ended up finding two of the Ultra Beasts, Nihilego and Xuirkitree, and caught them both. I also found three legends, Latios, Azelf, and Uxie. Caught Azelf and Uxie but Latios was stubborn and refused to be caught, I ended running out of PokeBalls so I was not able to catch it, unfortunately.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Wow, it's been a while since I posted! Let's see. I raised my Plaza rank to 871 and in only (and stuck at) grade 7 in the Battle Agency. I'm 70% of the way completed with my pokedex. I contributed a total of 1,730 to the last global mission. I've got close to 800K thumbs ups on my poke finder.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I decided to go to go through the Ultra Wormhole just to see what I could get. I ended up finding two of the Ultra Beasts, Nihilego and Xuirkitree, and caught them both. I also found three legends, Latios, Azelf, and Uxie. Caught Azelf and Uxie but Latios was stubborn and refused to be caught, I ended running out of PokeBalls so I was not able to catch it, unfortunately.

That's why I bought a ridiculous amount of pokéballs beforehand and stocked up on Roto Catch. I currently have over 500 regular pokéballs, over 100 Luxury Balls, around 250 Ultra Balls, about 100 Dive Balls, about 50 Repeat, Timer, Net, and Premier Balls, and I'm not sure how many Great Balls. Most legendaries are about a 1 in 7 chance of capture if their health is low, they're asleep, and with Roto Catch active, with regular poké balls or equivalent (higher with better balls, it's about 1 in 4 with Ultra Balls). I actually use Synchronize Gardevoir to get the natures right because Gardevoir also gets Hypnosis to put them to sleep.

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
That's why I bought a ridiculous amount of pokéballs beforehand and stocked up on Roto Catch. I currently have over 500 regular pokéballs, over 100 Luxury Balls, around 250 Ultra Balls, about 100 Dive Balls, about 50 Repeat, Timer, Net, and Premier Balls, and I'm not sure how many Great Balls. Most legendaries are about a 1 in 7 chance of capture if their health is low, they're asleep, and with Roto Catch active, with regular poké balls or equivalent (higher with better balls, it's about 1 in 4 with Ultra Balls). I actually use Synchronize Gardevoir to get the natures right because Gardevoir also gets Hypnosis to put them to sleep.

Yeah, I did stock up on some Beast Balls since I was planning on only going after the Ultra Beasts. I will definitely stock up on PokeBalls for when I am actually looking for legendary Pokemon.

Speaking of legends, I caught Mesprit and obtained the lake trio. While going through the Ultra Wormhole, I also came across some Pokemon I did not have, Floatzel, Heliolisk, and Lombre. I also found two shinies, Swanna and Altaria. This has a pretty productive and exciting trek through the Ultra Wormhole.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I received my FC from the recent Global Mission and have been working on ranking up my plaza. Currently, it's at Rank 210.

Back at the Battle Royal dome, I spent some of the BP I've been earning from Mantine Surfing on Power items. After that, I did some more Mantine Surfing to earn the BP back. I achieved new record scores on all three beaches I've been to.

Continuing with the main game tonight, I returned to the Aether House. I got dragged into a battle with Gladion, who I defeated using my Slurpuff and Bewear. After that, I went back to Malie City and battled Nanu. This fight ended up being pretty easy for me (a little surprising, since I remember it being on the tough side on my previous Gen 7 playthroughs) as I was able to sweep through Nanu's team with just my Slurpuff.

Now, I'm back at Aether Paradise.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Robin did even better than i thought against Hala. Took out Machop and Makuhita in one hit each. I expected Her to lose to All-Out Pummeling, but Robin survived on 5hp. On the way to Ten Carat Hill, Gumball evolved after i caught a Munchlax. Grabbed the Flyinium Z, before i Caught a Spinda and Rockruff. Couldn't find any Carbink though. Just can't find the Dude of route 3 his Sableye. Did the Photo Club tutorial with Robin in honor of her Great fight against Hala. Then went on a Tour of the Hau'oli City & Cemetary Poke Finder Spots. Found a Crabrawler and showed it to The Route 2 girl before my trip to Mantine Surfing. Taught Spark Electroweb and Gumball Giga Drain. Spent a good amount of time in Pikachu Valley interacting with all of them. Also wasted time Trying to get a Mimikyu to pop out of the Trailer. ended after about 50 Pikachu, but i did get a group of 3 Pikachu at once. On my way through Paniola Town, i got my 20th Totem Sticker so i went back to Heahea Beach. Got everyone upto lvl 21 during a Mudbray S.O.S battle. The Meowth i had for Pick-up also evolved.

Battery was low, so Totem Araquanid will have to wait awhile. Saved at the Route 5 pokemon Center.

Team
"Gumball" the Dartrix lvl 21
"Spark" the Magnemite lvl 21
"Robin" the Murkrow lvl 21

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got back on Ultra Sun after not playing it in a while. I went to the usual Poké Pelago to collect my beans and shards and found a Slowpoke at Isle Abeens. After I left, I went onto Festival Plaza and received my 4000 FC from the Poké Beans Global Mission and interacted with more visitors for some more FC. My Festival Plaza Rank is now 43 and after I left Festival Plaza, I flew from Hau'oli City to near the Battle Tree and tried to grind my Pokémon there. I found a Lickitung and I caught it, registering it to the Pokédex.

Satoshi & Touko

I've obtained the 4,000 FC for the completed global mission and as of now, my Plaza rank is 957. I've gotten to more than 900K likes on my pokefinder. I've done a lot of wonder trades lately and got a few pokedex entries, bringing me to 72 percent. I also once got a Marshadow, which I instantly released. I've given up on the Battle Agency and have opted to finish my trek to Plaza rank 999 the way I'm used to.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I left Aether Paradise briefly. I remembered that I could get the Mimikium Z now, and I wanted it for my own Mimikyu. So, I returned to the Thrifty Megamart on Ula'ula Island and followed the Mimikyu to the back of the store. I obtained the Mimikium Z and gave it to my Mimikyu to hold.

After that, I returned to Aether Paradise. I took care of the trainers at the docks using my Slurpuff & Mimikyu mostly. Then, I met up with Hau & Gladion at the elevator and started going through the rest of the island. I got through the battles in the lab area and the main entrance. I relied on Mimikyu again for quite a few of those battles, but I used Ariados in some of them (e.g. against Faba) as well.

Now, I'm at the outside part with several Team Skull people. I'll battle them next time.

Satoshi & Touko

I've gotten my Plaza rank to 999. Unfortunately, they didn't fix it so you could rank up further. I've gotten to 1M likes on my pokefinder. I'm now 73 percent complete with my Alola Dex. I did a lot more wonder trades and one of the things I got was a Level 20 shiny Gumshoos. It looked pretty run of the mill, but it was holding a Master Ball, so I didn't trust it and released it.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Totem Araquanid went Down in 2 hits. Masquerain was actually more trouble, with Stun Spore. After recieving the Fishing rod and Lapras from Lana i explored the Rest of Brooklet hill. Descovered the Scald TM was moved somewhere else. Also caught a Goldeen while attempting to find Feebas. Caught a Butterfree on the way backthrough Route 5 as a Wondertrade joke, Named it Beedrill. Was surprised by the Ultra Recon Squad showing up as i cleared the Sudowoodo. Avoided all the Route 6 trainers on my way back to Melemele Island. Went Surfing through Melemele Sea in Search of a Remoraid. Managed to find Corsola and catch a Mareanie First. Also collected a ton of Pearls and Pearl String's while fishing. Next stop was Kala'e Bay, where i found the Message in a bottle and the Dude watching Finneon. Finally caught a Remoraid, named Squid. Went with Remoraid over Mareanie, because I might use Poipole later. Next stop was the Sandy Cave, but found out i still need Machamp and Sharpedo to fully explore it. Found out about the Ghost stories at the Trainer school and manged to catch the Drifloon. The Gastly Cursed itself to dealth unfortunately. Still have a bit to do on Melemele, but i took a quick detour back to Mantine Surfing so i could teach Squid Signal Beam.

Team
"Gumball" the Dartrix lvl 21
"Spark" the Magnemite lvl 21
"Robin" the Murkrow lvl 21
"Squid" the Remoraid lvl 14

Aquarelle

Staff member
I finished up at Aether Paradise last night. I battled a couple of Team Skull Grunts before doing the final three battles:

-For the Guzma fight, I was able to win using just Gorebyss. I survived Golisopod's First Impression, used Shell Smash, and then proceeded to OHKO all of Guzma's Pokemon.
-Next, I met up with the Ultra Recon Squad and had to battle Poipole, which went down to my Salazzle's Inferno Overdrive Z-move.
-Finally, there was the Lusamine fight. My Salazzle got in a couple of Nasty Plot boosts at the start, and fortunately survived Clefable's Psychic (which I didn't realize it knew). Salazzle then swept Lusamine's team.

With everything at Aether Paradise done for now, I sailed to Poni Island. I looked around Seafolk Village, then went to Poni Wilds with Lillie. I didn't battle any of the trainers in the area, but I did go to every berry tree to pick up the berries on the ground (got quite a few new kinds).

Finally, I went to Poni Beach to try the Mantine Surfing course there. I broke the record score on my first try.

Team:
778.png
760.png
758.png
168.png
368.png
685.png

Lv. 51-53

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Caught a quiet nature shiny Abomasnow and a timid nature shiny Yanmega in Ultra Space wilds last night!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I got back on Ultra Sun and received the Regigigas Wonder Card for it because of the event being an Internet event (my 3DS is European so that is the case). I then got onto Poké Pelago and farmed Poké Beans and shards a usual and after that, I went to grind my Pokémon for the battle with Red/Blue at the Battle Tree. Currently, all of my Pokémon's levels are at 74.

ArcanineShrine014029

I'm finally done breeding all of the Pokemon with the ideal IV's that I want, and now I'm going to use some berries to change the EV spreads of some competitively viable Pokemon I transferred up from Generation VI. After that I may start tackling the sidequests.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I explored Poni Wilds, Ancient Poni Path, and the Poni Breaker Coast. I mostly just trained my team against the trainers and some wild Pokemon in those areas. While surfing along the Poni Breaker Coast, I encountered a wild Wailord, which I ended up catching since I needed it for my Pokedex.
Now, I'm about to enter the Ruins of Hope with Lillie and Hapu.

Aside from that, I've been spending a lot of time Mantine Surfing again. I'm mostly trying to set new high scores. I've broken my scoring records at all four courses several times each, and have been farming quite a lot of BP.

Flamer

Completed my trial against Mimikyu. Wasn't as difficult, or as memorable as some of the previous ones. I've already used a Mimikyu on my Sun play through, and as a core member of my competitive team, so didn't go back and catch another.

Instead transferred over from AS the Sharpedo I was given by a Team Aqua grunt. Been meaning to use it. Its the right level now and the timing lines up nicely with me just having registered Sharpedo to my Ride Pokemon thing. Used it to travel up the coast to just south of Po Town. Heading there to get back some Pokemon that were stolen from the kids at the Aether Foundation place.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I met up with Lillie & Hapu at the ruins. Afterwards, I returned to Seafolk Village, where I took a boat to Exeggutor Island. I dealt with the wild Pinsir that were bothering the Exeggutor there by OHKOing each of them with Savage Spin-Out from my Ariados. Then, I reached the pedestal at the back and obtained the Sun Flute.

With that done, I spent the rest of my time in Festival Plaza, where I made it to Rank 225. I registered for the new Global Mission as well. I've already contributed a point to the mission - I went on the GTS and traded a Ralts I received from Wonder Trade a while back in exchange for a Rowlet.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Ultra Sun, I farmed my usual Beans and collected my Shards at Poké Pelago and found that a wild Hoothoot and a wild Cutiefly had arrived at Isle Abeens. Then I decided to go on to Festival Plaza to register for the Global Mission where the goal is to trade as many Pokémon on the GTS as possible and so far I didn't bother to trade. After then, I battled Blue at the Battle Tree and although it took some guts to defeat him, I eventually defeated him and gained access to the Battle Tree, where I saved.

Levant5588

hey everyone. Hope all is well. I'm new here and I'm also new with Ultra Sun. Just realized that there was a release of a special Rocruff that can become a Dusk Form. I also researched that it can be bred. I'm still investigating the tricks of the game but I realized that I can trade others. Just wondering here, anyone want to partner up and help me try finding this breed of Rocruff? I'm willing to help anyone. Just beat the game, got several legendaries and beasts. I'm willing to help anyone who is willing to help me with this issue I find myself. I haven't been online for awhile do to the fact that Hurricane Maria devastated the Island where I live (Puerto Rico). Electricity is coming back really slowly and that is the main reason I missed out on the chance of getting the Rocfuff. Please, any help is welcomed.