1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Zhydra

Zhydra Well-Known Member

I bred a timid nature Snivy with Contrary last night. Plan to trade the others and I know of Serperior's Leaf Storm making him VERY good with this ability in addition to the speed.

2. Drake Pokétrainer

Drake Pokétrainer Blood of Insanity

I've been postponing continuing this game over and over but finally decided to do it further since I really wanna shiny hunt in this game.

I was in the aether paradise, fought my way up till Guzma and lost badly to him. Then decided I didn't want to put any more effort in the story of this game and put the old team from previous gens in my party and concluded it'd be less of a chore even with them disobeying me atm than to train this new team.

It's the first time ever I'm struggling to beat a pokemon game I play for the first time cause I'm totally not engaged by the story and utterly bored but have to force myself so I can do post-game stuff

3. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

Just reached Akala Island and captured a few Pokemon around Paniola Ranch. Think I'll keep Mudbray as an active member of my team. Also picked up the Eevee egg, thinking I'll evolve it into Espeon or Jolteon.

Other than that I may go for some of the Island Scan Pokemon. Figure using them might make the game more interesting.

4. Victreebong

Victreebong Gives 'em the slip..

I don’t even care if I get in trouble for possible SPOILERS, I need to vent:

If you start fighting the Blacephelons/Stakatakas in Poni Grove, prepare for a long string of dialogue and forced exposition right after the 2nd enemy encounter. This makes soft resetting for a decent Hidden Power awful. Bring a team of six so you can check stats immediately after capture, or else you have to deal with text. And if you run/KO/blackout, they’re gone!

This will be the 2nd generation where Game Freak went to unusual lengths to curb soft-resetting. Whoever is encouraging this at Game Freak needs to get hit by a bus! I don’t care about the ****ing Festival Plaza getting overrun! I wan’t a decent Ultra Beast!

5. Zhydra

Zhydra Well-Known Member

Just got out of the way to get a Solid Rock Rhyperior in a heavy ball.

Adamant nature

Stone edge, Earthquake, ice punch and metal burst. (For Ferrothorn's or physical water/ grass dealers... Or fighting types that don't know better until they realize they messed up!)

Now for a Jolly Nature Rhydon.

Naming Rhyperior Bertha

6. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The only Dragon/Fairy Pokémon

So I just played Ultra Sun and I harvested some of my Chesto, Sitrus and Lum Berries at Poké Pelago and I farmed my usual Shards and beans there. Also on the Poké Pelago, I obtained a Snubbull from there and I registered it into the Pokédex, having seen 124 Pokémon in total. I went on to hatch another 8 Eggs today, bringing my number of Eggs hatched to 15 for the Global Mission.

7. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Bred Adamant Fake Out Litten for competitive use and ended up having two with 31/31/31/XX/31/31. Their Special Attack IV's are 'Decent' and 'Pretty Good'. Planning to use the 'Decent' for 252 HP/252 ATK/4 SPE as an all-out attacker with Incinium Z attached, while 'Pretty Good' will have 252 HP/196 ATK/60 SpD spread with Assault Vest/Snarl combination.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  8. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Well-Known Member

Been trying to find Guzzlord in the Ultra Wormhole for the past few days. No luck yet, I just can't seem to find any level 4 white wormholes, and the level 3 wormholes I find at large distances all have Kartana. I can consistently get to around 5000-5500 lightyears of travel, sometimes a bit more than that like to around 6000 lightyears, but the white wormholes just won't show up. I did catch about half a box of shinies in the last couple of days, which is something I guess... just no idea what to do with them.

9. Victreebong

Victreebong Gives 'em the slip..

Make some little sh!t’s day by gifting them on Wonder Trade. I got a rogue Xurkitree last night out of nowhere, was trading a decent Zoroark. Partied until two in the morning STOKED OUT OF MY MIND. O—O’

10. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yesterday, I finally got around to continuing the main story in Ultra Sun. I had the time to get quite a few things done. First, I went through Vast Poni Canyon, which didn't take too long. The Dragon trial at the end was pretty easy, too. My Slurpuff OHKOed the Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o I had to fight with Dazzling Gleam. Then, the Totem Kommo-o went down right away to my Mimikyu's Let's Snuggle Forever.

Next, I climbed to the top of the Altar of the Sunne. I watched all the cutscenes, and fought Necrozma. After that, I did the Ultra Warp Ride, and after several tries (god I hate motion controls), made it to Ultra Megalopolis.

At the top of the tower, I battled Ultra Necrozma. I gave Ghostium Z to my Mimikyu before the battle in hopes that Never-Ending Nightmare would do a lot of damage, but it didn't even come close to doing enough for my other team members to finish Necrozma off after Mimikyu went down. After soft resetting, I taught Toxic to Mimikyu, and then won the battle by stalling until the poison KOed Necrozma.

After that, I returned to the altar, watched some more cutscenes, and saved.

Team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Lv. 58-60 or something like that

11. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Beat the Pokemon league with this team the other day:

Lycanroc (Dusk form) Lv.63
    Nagandel Lv.58
    Primeape Lv.64
    Decidueye Lv.65
    Salazzle Lv.66
    Glaceon Lv. 61

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  12. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Completed the Dex and got the Shiny Charm. I'll be breeding (hopefully) a flawless, Modest, Shiny Female Popplio.

13. Storm the Lycanroc

Storm the Lycanroc Well-Known Member

Completed Kiawes trial the other day and set the game down to continue playing it later. That was two days ago and after trying to play it again tonight I realized I've lost interest in the game. So I guess this adventure is on hold until further notice.

14. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I used Wonder Trade and the GTS today, and was able to get some pretty good Pokemon:
    -shiny Anorith
    -Noibat in a Beast Ball
    -Larvesta in a Love Ball (really excited about this one especially)

After that, I went to the Battle Agency. I rented a Typhlosion and teamed up with people who had Leafeon & Shiinotic. The Shiinotic was really useful since it was level 92, while the Pokemon I was facing were only level 60. I was able to defeat two rounds of trainers with this team, which allowed me to move up to Grade 11.

I then did a few missions in Festival Plaza. The FC I earned brought my plaza's rank to 263.

Finally, I hatched a few more eggs for the Global Mission. I hatched several more Swirlix, plus a few Mimikyu, which brought my contribution to 32 eggs.

15. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The only Dragon/Fairy Pokémon

So I just played Ultra Sun and I hatched a couple more Happiny Eggs, bringing up my total to 20. I also collected my beans and shards as always and I only received 12 FC for receiving a Litten on the GTS for a Happiny trade. I deposited another Happiny for a Ledyba on the GTS.

16. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

At long last Eevee-sempai noticed me and evolved into Espeon. Said Eevee was female, allowing me an easy breeding of more Eevee without the nightmare of searching for such a super-rare Pokemon 8 times.

17. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Been doing some training in Ultra Sun and playing the lottery game. Finally won a Master Ball in it! Just took forever! Been trying to win one for years. :p Also started up Ultra Moon. Ended up going with Litten in it and took down my rival who went with Rowlet.

Aquarelle likes this.
  18. raichu27

Congrats! I've won a Big Nugget a few times and a Gold Bottle Cap once or twice in Festival Plaza.

19. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Werewolf of London

Thanks! Congrats to you as well! Hope you win a Master Ball some day too.

20. raichu27

Thanks. :) I hope so, too.