• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
So far in Ultra Sun I've filled the Pokedex to 193/400. Some of my Pokemon have caught Pokerus so I'm taking advantage of that to level up and evolve certain ones. At this point in the story I'm trying to beat Guzma in Po Town.

NitroLightningFlash

Ultra Sun

Haven't really done anything on it, just hatching eggs in hopes of getting shiny Rowlet since i got one in WonderTrade, only hatched about...10-15 eggs so far, but i guess that's what happens when you've got two games on the go at once haha xD

Ultra Moon

I started this game today, and i chose Popplio. I actually started with Popplio on Ultra Sun too-but kind of ditched it from my team, (as you can tell from my sig) since i like both Alolan Ninetales and Sylveon more as Fairy types. But this time i'm determined to keep her through the game! Primarina's my favorite gen 7 starter and the first time i've liked the Water starter more than the Grass and Fire types. She's not the best nature (Naughty, +Attack, -Sp. Defense), but it doesn't matter really.

At the moment, i've just trained Popplio to Level 8 and she learned 'Disarming Voice'. We've just beat Hau, but i will probably play Ultra Moon more tomorrow at some point (just remembered i still need to breed the gift Lycanroc on my Ultra Sun file, so i can get a Dusk Lycanroc on the team. Think i'll go do that now before i put the games down for the night).

Last edited:

AmethystLeslie

Chipping away at my cleanup breeding project. Kinda wish the egg hatching Global Mission wasn't during my Snorlax project, cuz it takes forever to get females and to hatch at all. Meanwhile, I signed up for this Global Mission, but don't really plan on participating in it cuz I'd just rather breed, really. Currently on Totodile and hatched a 2nd shiny Chikorita before coming to class today, so that was neat. This Totodile project is mostly complete, I just gotta give all the balls Sheer Force and replace Metal Claw off of... one of the balls, can't remember atm.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I have beaten Ultra Necrozma. It was a total monster. After I've been having fun with the Ultra Wormhole game, having gotten two shinies in a day. I also have gotten Articuno, Moltres and Uxie. Some legendaries I plan to shiny hunt-either ones I don't have shiny yet or ones I didn't get on my own

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went through the Doubles challenge at the Battle Tree tonight. Defeating all 20 trainers, including Blue, was pretty easy. I only had to use my Mimikyu & Slurpuff in the battles, but I brought along my Salazzle & Bewear as well.

For clearing the regular Double Battles, I unlocked Super Doubles. I've also now earned 96 BP towards the Global Mission.

After finishing with the Battle Tree, I returned to Royal Avenue. At the Battle Royal Dome, I purchased all of the hold items I didn't have yet.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I purchased the Gardevoirite and Gyaradosite at the Battle Tree before continuing my climb. My total BP for this event went up to 268.

After my defeat I went to the Festival Plaza and rented a Regirock and teamed with a midnight form Lycanroc and a Venusaur. Defeated Giovanni and ranked up to 10.

Hit the GTS after that and traded a Raikou for a shiny timid Poipole. Since I was running short on time I sent it to Poké Pelago for EV training. Saved my game after that for the adventure to continue another day.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ultra Wormholes are extraordinarily addictive. I have almost every legendary that doesn't involve holding one, or ones that I hope to shiny hunt. I also have quite a bit of shinies. Since I have spares, I may end up giving them away on Christmas via Wonder Trade

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A few days ago, I received my Yveltal Wonder Card from this month's Legendary event. Then I decided to participate in the most recent Global Mission for the 4000 FC as well as receiving my usual Poké Beans and shards. I went onto the GTS to receive a Vullaby and I deposited another Happiny into the GTS for a Petilil, so my current caught number in the Pokédex is 135.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Making decent progress in Ultra Moon, just reached Ula Ula Island and continuing to capture the version exclusives. I'm planning to trade them over to Ultra Sun to complete the Pokedex there.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I sent some Pokemon from Sun to Ultra Sun tonight, along with Pokemon I transferred up all the way from HeartGold several days ago.

After that, I worked on evolving Pokemon I had in my PC on Ultra Sun. I'm mostly focusing on filling the Alola Pokedex, but I might evolve some Pokemon not in the Alola dex, too, just for fun.

The Alola dex Pokemon I evolved today included:
-Eevee into most of its evolutions (was night, so I haven't gotten Espeon yet)
-Igglybuff -> Jigglypuff -> Wigglytuff
-Cleffa -> Clefairy -> Clefable

I took a couple of photos while evolving Pokemon, with Glaceon & Clefairy.

My Alola Pokedex is at 150-something owned now IIRC.

Other things I did tonight:
-Checked my Poke Pelago & Festival Plaza
-Got the Oval Charm at the Game Freak office in Heahea
-Bought every clothing item I didn't have at the regular apparel shop in Hau'oli

Drummerdude

I bought Ultra Moon when it launched last year and have just got around to starting it officially. After a rather lengthy decision between Rowlet and Litten I eventually settled on Rowlet as my starter. I beat Hau a few times and saved Nebby and went to school and all that obnoxiously long intro stuff. Once I made it to Route 2 I hurried through the area skipping the trainers I could so that I could capture my second team member, a Cutiefly! I then took care of the trainers I skipped and easily won my first Island Trial with Cutiefly. Professor Kukui asked me to help him track down Lillie who asked me to help track down Nebby. I managed to rescue Nebby and took a break after witnessing Rowlet evolve into Dartrix!

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Caught and evolved plenty of Pokemon this morning in Ultra Sun. My Pokedex is currently at 222/400, at this rate I'm close to finishing the Melemele Pokedex.

c1234

Trainer Since '98
Ultra Sun: Today I have been working on my Pokedex. I just caught Tapu Bulu, and I only have to evolve my Type: Null to complete it. This guy really doesn't like me though, it might be a while until he has enough friendship to level up.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Busy starting to soft-reset the Ultra Beasts.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I got back on Ultra Sun and I hatched 2 Happiny Eggs because my 3DS kept on being unable to connect to the Internet. As well as collecting my usual shards and Beans, with my Patterned Bean count fast approaching 1000, I got a Petilil from the GTS in exchange for a Happiny. I also deposited another Happiny for a Seel. My current caught count in the Alola Pokédex is 136.

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
Today in Ultra Sun I defeated Necrozma in Ultra Megalopolis. Now that I have access to the wormholes I'm traveling through them to capture legendaries, ultra beasts, and level up other Pokemon. After a couple of hours I got my Pokedex to 251/400.

The only Pokemon I'm having trouble catching are the ones with a 5% or lower encounter rate. Hopefully my persistence pays off!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Ultra Necrozma is an utter monster. I was only able to beat it by using Toxic and Focus Sash.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I evolved a few more Pokemon for my Alola Pokedex. First, I finished adding the Alola starters' evolution lines to my dex. I just had to evolve my Rowlet, Litten, and Poplio into their middle forms since I already had the final evolutions from Bank. After that, I evolved my Pichu into Pikachu, then Raichu.

Today, I transferred some Pokemon up from HeartGold and Omega Ruby. That added several entries to my dex, including Mr. Mime and Jynx. After that, I continued evolving Pokemon. The evolutions I did today included a few happiness evos: Eevee into Espeon (now have all the Eeveelutions done), Chansey into Blissey, and Buneary into Lopunny.

My Alola dex is at 172 owned or somewhere around there.

Also, I took a few more photos of my evolved Pokemon: Brionne, Raichu, and Espeon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today on Ultra Sun, I collected my usual shards and beans and a Tropius arrived at my Isle Abeens. After that, I went onto Festival Plaza to collect my 4000 FC from the Global Mission and did a couple of Wonder Trades to earn some more FC. I received Seel from the GTS and I deposited another of my Happiny into the GTS for a Machop. So as of now, my Festival Plaza rank is 87 and I have 137 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Dex.

Kage-Pikachu

So I lent my second 3ds to a friend but I really want to restart my Ultra Sun version and trade my Lucky Egg and Master Ball to my new game... lol, bad timing.

I completed my Pokedex in Moon so that one is DEFINITELY not getting restarted.