• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Aquarelle

Staff member
I registered for the new Global Mission and have been spending lots of FC as a result. I've mostly been buying articles of clothing from guests in my plaza. So far, I've spent over 3100 FC towards the Global Mission.

While spending FC, I also did some missions and Wonder Trades in Festival Plaza. My plaza has ranked up a few more times, making it to rank 329 tonight.

Aside from Festival Plaza stuff, I did a few smaller things around Alola. I leveled up the Pokemon I've been training a bit more and earned some BP via Mantine Surfing. Also, I completed the Eeveelution trainer side quest, and obtained the Eevium Z as a result.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Ultra Sun, along with collecting my usual beans and shards, I found another Zubat in my Isle Abeens, which wasn't too impressive. I collected off a Plain Bean from one of the Pokémon at Isle Abeens although I don't remember who it was. From spending FC on fortune tellers and haunted houses as usual, I contributed 30 FC to the grand total for the Global Mission and I received a Tirtouga on the GTS. It's been a while since I have received a Moomoo Milk from the Loto-ID but unfortunately from both of my lotteries I received two Berry Juices for another time. I am currently waiting for an Amaura on the GTS.

Kage-Pikachu

I got two Zygarde by trading two Own Tempo Rockruff, trying for a third for the heck of it. It's surprising how many people will trade a legendary for an Abra, I've gotten Xerneas, Lugia, Yvetal, Landorus, Tornadus, Thunderus, Solgaleo, Cosmog, Lunala, and other rare Pokemon just for Abra. Kind of weird, lol.

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
Time for a weekly update.

First off, the Living Dex is coming along nicely. I have fully bred every Pokemon that I need for a complete collection. I'm focusing on the ones I need for the Shiny Charm first. Currently, I only need about 16 more Pokemon to evolve until have the full 402 / 402. I'm currently leveling a Trubbish, Vanillite, and Elgyem. I should have my Shiny Charm by the end of today, fingers crossed.

Second, the I've retrained another entire box of Pokemon at 100. This time it was my first box of Johto teams. I've been working on it about once a day, so I'm not sitting on it every fifteen and a half hours, even though I could. My next box only has 24 Johto Pokemon in it, the remainder of all my Johto teams.

Third, no Shiny Riolu yet. I hatched 72 of them this week, passively, each with a three-times chance at being shiny. I've put breeding them on hold for the time being, because once I get my Shiny Charm, I'll have nine-times the chances at getting a shiny using my Japanese Ditto. However, even though I haven't gotten my Shiny Riolu yet, I did get myself two new shinies this week. First, my sister gave me a 4 IV Shiny Ditto (Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense), which also happens to have Imposter. I'm going to use it as a revenge killer Pokemon, by giving it a Choice Scarf. Additionally, if I need to ensure a 31 IV in any of those four stats when breeding for a Pokemon I'm going to use, now I have a guaranteed way of getting it. The second shiny I got this week was a Shiny Morelull that I hatched myself, but I'm not gonna lie, I do wish it was a Riolu.

And, finally, as for my Fighting Mono-type team, I'm kind of double-dipping here. I'm sticking to using only one of the six team-members, while three of the remaining five slots have some of the Pokemon that I'm leveling so that I can evolve them for my Living Dex. The last two are being occupied by my Chainer Gallade, and one of the level 100's that I have in my Battle team, a shiny Mega Mawile. I'm currently leveling Machamp, right now. He's in the early 70's right now, while the other five members of the team are hovering around the early 40's.

pokefan16

I dont if this thr right place. But anyone have the exact details of the japan golduck event that was distributed today?

BlisseyEX

The happiness Pokémon
So today on UM:
I just finally got around to downloading the shiny Zygarde on my copy although I still can't find any motivation to play through it any further...
I posed and took a few photos with my shiny Blissey and uploaded them to my PC.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Today, I returned to Aether Paradise and started working on completing the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff there. Outside the castle, I defeated a few grunts before teaming up with Lillie in a battle against Faba & an Aether employee. That multi battle was a little annoying, since I was using my Special Attacking Slurpuff & Gorebyss, and some of the opposing Pokemon had Snarl.

After that, I went into the castle and began exploring it. I was able to get the Maxie and Archie fights done today. The first one I fought was Maxie, whose entire team went down to my Bewear. Archie's team went down to my Mimikyu. Both fights were pretty easy for me, since my Pokemon are all level 85+ and I used Z-moves for Groudon & Kyogre.

Will finish going through the rest of the castle next time.

Aside from that, I ranked up my Festival Plaza to 330. I also used my Rare Kitchens to level up my Ariados and Gorebyss, getting them into the upper 90s.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Ultra Sun, I got the Zubat I found at Isle Abeens and I found a Corsola and a Snubbull there. After collecting beans and shards, I went to the Festival Plaza and spent another 30 FC to have contributed 60 FC in total. After I received a Togepi on Wonder Trade, where I deposited my Zubat, got Amaura and participated in a Global Mission, I got enough FC to rank up to Rank 141. I have 176 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Pokédex.

Drummerdude

Hau and I visited the Aether Paradise and got a glimpse of an Ultra Beast before being whisked off to the next island. I explored a garden and the rest of the city before heading onto Route 10 and up towards the 5th trial. And the trial was a freaking menace. I had nothing for Togedemaru except Crabrawler who would get knocked out so quickly because it is slow and frail. I ended up training everyone to Lv35 which meant evolving Dartrix into Decidueye. Decidueye's Spirit Shackle was a game changer and made quick work of the massive rodent.

Now that Route 12 was open I headed through and up to Blush Mountain where I captured my own Togedemaru as my final team member. It wasn't long before I arrived in Tapu Village and evolved Crabrawler into Crabominable! I quickly completed the 6th trial seeing as I have multiple Pokemon capable of taking down the Mimikyu. I beat Team Skull again and headed through Route 15, some red flower area that I can't recall, Route 16, and made it to Po Town. Along the way Mareanie evolved into Toxapex so I guess the team is complete now. I did not realize how weak to Fire this team is so that'll be fun.

Typhlosion_Hunter_Mark

Galaxy Trainer
So I picked up my Ultra Sun game again after a break of a couple of months. Did some wonder trades to get some new pokemon I'd rather use than the ones I got on my party and started going through the trials (I only beat the first trial before). I started enjoying to play the game again and completed all trials up until the Dragon trial and I reached the Altar of the Sunne, where I and Lily played the flutes which caused Nebby to transform into Solgaleo. Necrozma swooped in through a wormhole, took possesion of Solgalea and challenged me to battle. I easily defeated Necrozma using Dragon Dance one time and then used Crunch with Feraligatr. However, Necrozma stole the light fled in Ultra Space. Brave as can be I chased it through the Ultra Space and found it hiding on the top of the tower in Ultra Megalopolis. It transformed into its Ulra forme and proceeded to SWEEP my team hard. I'm literally in the dark on how to beat this thing right now.

My current team: Feraligatr (lv.56), Decidueye (lv.52), Flygon (lv.56), Vikavolt (lv.53), Lycanroc (Dusk form) (lv.54) and Gardevoir (lv.55)

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I finished up the Rainbow Rocket story. The remaining battles and puzzles didn't take me too long.

For the Cyrus fight, I used my Bewear. It nearly got KOed by Houndoom's Fire Blast (forgot that Fluffy makes Bewear suck against Fire attacks), but the other Pokemon weren't a problem.

My Salazzle swept Lysandre & Ghetsis easily.

Finally, I decided to use my Slurpuff for the Giovanni battle. Slurpuff was able to OHKO everything, taking down the Ground types with Surf and Mega Mewtwo X with Twinkle Tackle.

Between the RR battles and Festival Plaza, my main team has grown quite a bit:

758.png
778.png
760.png
168.png
368.png
685.png

Lv. 96-100
Gorebyss is my level 100.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Finally got a Friendship cafe, so i replaced Bubbles with Lucky the Pichu. Then spent about an hour to get Lucky up to lvl 12. Had some trouble with Ilima's Smeargle, but Lucky's Static and
Sweet Kiss helped Stitch finish the fight. Collected a bunch of Totem stickers and caught a Drowze on my way up route 2. Surprisingly i found a Crabrawler on my second Berry tree. Decided to use it instead of Mankey like i was going to. Named her Rumble. More training until Rumble was level 11. Except Team Skull's Drowzee, Rumble destroyed Verdant Cavern. I was surprised though, when she took out Totem Raticate in one hit. After the Z-move tutorial i went can caught 2 spearow. One i traded for the Route 2 Hawlucha. The other I wonder traded and got a Dratini after a few trades.

Hopefully Lucky evolves soon.

Team

Stitch the Litten lvl 14
Lucky the Pichu lvl 14
Rumble the Crabrawler lvl 13

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Got Shiny Zygarde and managed to merge it with the Zygarde Cube to get Power Construct. I also taught it Thousand Waves and Core Enforcer and deleted Outrage and Extreme Speed as they didn’t fit in with what I want to use it for.

Kage-Pikachu

Finally, I decided to use my Slurpuff for the Giovanni battle. Slurpuff was able to OHKO everything, taking down the Ground types with Surf and Mega Mewtwo X with Twinkle Tackle.
That's freaking HILARIOUS!!! Imagine saying to a player in the 90s that you defeated not a base Mewtwo but a future buffed up MEGA Mewtwo and defeated it with a move called Twinkle Tackle from a cotton candy looking Pokemon!

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yesterday, I visited Kukui's lab. I talked to Lillie there so that I could get her as a partner in the Battle Tree.

At the Battle Tree, I entered the regular Multi Battle challenge with Lillie as my partner. I brought along (Mega) Alakazam & Mimikyu as my Pokemon. Mega Alakazam defeated most of the Pokemon we faced on its own. I rarely had to use Mimikyu; it got sent in once when Alakazam was Red Carded, and IIRC Alakazam fainted once.

Lillie was a decent partner throughout the challenge. She didn't attack much, but I think her support moves like Reflect & Light Screen were useful. I liked how her Ribombee would heal me with Pollen Puff, too.

Anyway, I defeated Red & Blue for the final battle and unlocked the Super Multi mode.

That's freaking HILARIOUS!!! Imagine saying to a player in the 90s that you defeated not a base Mewtwo but a future buffed up MEGA Mewtwo and defeated it with a move called Twinkle Tackle from a cotton candy looking Pokemon!
It was pretty funny watching a dessert take down a Mewtwo. ;)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played a bit of Ultra Sun and I received a Tyrunt on the GTS, bringing my total caught number of Pokémon in the Alola Dex to 177. I deposited another Happiny in the GTS for a Nosepass. I contributed another 30 FC to the Global Mission, contributing 90 FC in total. I have also won my fourth Gold Bottle Cap in the game. After I hatched two Happiny Eggs, I saved at Paniola Ranch.

Kage-Pikachu

Currently breeding all the Pokemon families in gen 7 but then I remembered Alolan forms, lol. It's going to take a while before I can actually start playing Ultra Sun again...

I didn't know you could have a multi-battle against Red and Blue, I think I'll try that next and take a break from Super Singles... I'm not choosing Wally and his killer Earthquake Garchomp (we're teammates jerk!)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
[rant]OK, WTH are you doing/did GF? this is just stupid when it comes to logic. they give custap berried to the battle agency/battle tower and never give us access to those berries ever in gen7. i was doing battle agency lvl 41 with Flygon as a lead, been stuck at 2 triple battles from leveling up for a few weeks. im determined to get thru lvl 41 with Flygon (fav pokemon), i get a lvl50 rank passerby with a heatran after 2 weeks of waiting for a decent partner online. i work around a scarf terakion with close combat and focus blast miss from Char Y. nearly get walled by a curse regirock with Flygon so i use heatran to get around that. the final battle is vs a blastoise with blizzard which KOs Flygon, heatran fails to flinch with dark pulse and the damn custap berry blastoise with hydro pump KOs heatran. my last valniluxe is useless and i havent even seen the last 2 opponents of the last opponents.[/rant]

just how evil does the AI have to be??

Last edited:

Kage-Pikachu

I swear the AI cheats...I mean how the heck can a freaking Starraptor sweep my team? I hate how Water Shuriken from my would be Ash-Greninja would come inches from KOing a Pokemon only to stop at 2 hits and then get creamed...

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I swear the AI cheats...I mean how the heck can a freaking Starraptor sweep my team? I hate how Water Shuriken from my would be Ash-Greninja would come inches from KOing a Pokemon only to stop at 2 hits and then get creamed...

LOL, its only legal if the AI cheats. in defense of Starraptor, its a strong enough pokemon. ive used a choice band starraptor in the agency before and its was rather powerful and my preferred pkmn offered at that particular time.

ive been stuck at the low 40 levels as i dont get high ranked participants so i have patient view of my odds to rank up. i hate the battle royale and the battle tower, those are ruthless even if i can use my own pokemon on the team. i despise the battle royale the most, its near impossible to win as they either predict you and use protect or just beat you to the punch and KO you. i find the agency a bit more forgiving and more interesting due to loaned pokemon. i saw a few "cheaters" in the battle royal, its infuriating. why is GF lazy enough to "forget" to giving us access to the missing berries?? make it an event attached berry if needed, just give us legal use of the damn berries. i want my custap berry Aggron set to run.

ive had some salty battles with the battle agency but this one really got to me. usually id chose another pokemon to lead with but i was hoping to come across a usable Flygon to battle with in the agency. i happened to come across the Z rock variety, its not the usual set i run but im satisfied with it. its gonna be hard to get thru as it is Flygon and its not the best dragon in the dex but i chose pkmn i like over their overall strengths/ranking. i hope one day i happen to come across the special attacker Flygon in the agency. its only missing the 4th move and my usual item.

Last edited: