1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria The best Mega Evolution

So I went onto Ultra Sun after a while and I got a Sandile from the GTS after getting a Tropius from Isle Abeens. I later Wonder Traded the Tropius and I received a Salandit and registered it into the Pokédex. I later Wonder Traded that Salandit away because it was male. I later received a Trapinch on the GTS and I deposited another Happiny for a Gible. So far I have 195 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Dex.

2. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Got my Festival Plaza to Rank 365 last night. I gave away some of my extra Dratini on Wonder Trade, and received a shiny Rockruff in exchange for one of them!

After that, I continued breeding by putting my Togetic in the nursery at Paniola Ranch. Breeding for a Togepi ended up being really easy as I hatched a perfect one on the very first egg. I then decided to breed for a Gible as well, hatching one with the rights IVs and its Hidden Ability after 15 eggs.

Finally, I went through the Elite Four again. It was the first of the month, so I wanted to fight Lusamine in the final battle.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  3. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko The Power of Kawaii-ification

Currently, my blood-stained, err I mean shiny Honedge hunt has not ended yet. Currently at 395 eggs. I've collected nearly 500K Festival coins since I started playing USUM. Gonna try to get to 1 million before Gen 8 starts. I'm up to nearly 1.8 million thumbs up on my poke-finder. ^^

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  4. Matt-kun

Matt-kun ナマコブシ 最高のポケモン

Started Ultra Sun last night (I haven't played this gen until I got Ultra Sun), just beat Gladion and working on hatching Eevee from egg I got from day care.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  5. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Today, I've caught a:

shiny Lombre! :3

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  6. Aquarelle

A few days ago, I passed the Pokerus onto the Dratini, Togepi, and Gible I hatched.

After that, I EV trained the Togepi and leveled it up a bit. I got it to level 31 or so by fighting a few wild Chansey on the Poni Plains. That allowed it to evolve into Togetic, and then Togekiss when I used a Shiny Stone shortly after.

I haven't gotten around to EV training my Dratini & Gible, but maybe next time.

I also spent a little more time in Festival Plaza. I ranked up once and gave away a few breeding rejects on Wonder Trade.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  7. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

8 months after starting my adventure, having clocked up 45 hours of gameplay time, I finally decided it was time to challenge the Pokémon League

Largely been exploring Ultra Space and breeding Pokémon, so my team isn’t at all overleveled. If anything it’s a bit under. Had to drop Polipole and Sharpedo, who are both in the low 50s. Replaced them with the Articuno and Zapdos I caught in Ultra Space. Wanted to find room for Moltres to complete the trio, but I already have Talonflame

After adjusting a few move sets and stocking up on items, I made my way up to the League’s entrance. Decided to challenge the Elite 4 clockwise, so started with the Steel type guy, (can’t remember his name offhand). Talonflame got us off to a good start, but was then KOed by the opposing Metagross. Lycanroc came in and dealt with that, but then had to retreat after the opponent sent in Dugtrio. I correctly anticipated the Earthquake and sent in Articuno, but that backfired as it was OHKOed by a Rock Blast in the next turn. Decided it was time to bring in the big guns, so out came Solgaleo, who got us back in front before going down. Used Zoroak to by some time to revive Talonflame, who took down Magnezone with a Flame Charge to win the match

Next up was Olivia. Decided to lead with Zoroak, as he was my only special attacker not weak to Rock type attacks. That backfired as he was OHKOed on the first turn by Olivia’s Amraldo. Bought in Articuno, who did some good damage with a Freeze Dry, but then went down quickly too. Things were looking bad, so sent out Solagelo, who was able to get set up with a Cosmic Power. With the initial defence boost set, I powered up a couple more time to be sure, then proceeded to ‘sweep’ her team. Very slowly. Crunching a load of highly defensive Rock type Pokémon takes a while. Ended up giving Solagleo a X Attack to speed things up.

Two down, two to go

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  8. Matt-kun

Matt-kun ナマコブシ 最高のポケモン

Just beat Nanu, at Aether Paradise now.

Earlier today I hatched a shiny Gastly, my first shiny in a while, I skipped Sun/Moon, haven't played since OR/AS, started Ultra Sun couple of days ago.

9. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Almost done with breeding the Alolan Pokemon, have been gathering as many legendaries as possible by Wonder Trading. It's funny since I rarely use legendaries. Maybe I should do a playthrough with nothing but legendary Pokemon. Of course that'd be difficult to do since most come at high levels.

I enjoyed reading that experience, who took down Solgaleo by the way? Was it Magnezone?

Aquarelle likes this.
  10. Mega Altaria

So I got my Thundurus Wonder Card today from this month's Legendary event for Ultra Sun. As my Patterned Bean count is almost reaching its maximum, I collected my beans and shards but unfortunately this time, I only found a Pikipek at Isle Abeens. I only received the Gible I requested on the GTS and I deposited a Happiny for a Baltoy. But at least I ranked up to Rank 156 at Festival Plaza and I have 196 Pokémon registered in the Alola Pokédex.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  11. Matt-kun

Matt-kun ナマコブシ 最高のポケモン

Finished Pokemon League, caught Blacephalon, now I'm working on complete the Pokedex as much as I can and doing the rest of the post-game content.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  12. Aquarelle

I EV trained my Dratini and Gible tonight. Once that was done, I continued leveling them up alongside Togekiss by fighting some trainers at the Battle Buffet. I evolved my dragons into Dragonair & Gabite and got them to level 35-36, while Togekiss is at level 48.

Over in Festival Plaza, I reached Rank 370. I Wonder Traded one of my extra Dratini and received a Beast Ball Gible in return, which was a nice addition to my collection of cool Poke Ball Pokemon.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  13. Matt-kun

Matt-kun ナマコブシ 最高のポケモン

Just got shiny Swanna in one of these Ultra places, was trying to get 2 remaining Ultra Beasts when I encountered it.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  14. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

Battled through the final two members of the Elite 4

First up was Acerola. Led with Zoroark, who'd have a type advantage over her Ghost types. He OHKOed Banette, and put a big hit on Frosslass, before falling to its Blizzard attack. Switched in Articuno, who finished off Frosslass, then proceeded to sweep the rest of her team with a series of super effective Ice Beams and Freeze Dries

The final opponent was Kahili. With Lycanroc and Zapdos in the team, her Flying type Pokemon didn’t stand much of a chance. Led with Lycanroc, who took down Braviary and Hawlucha with ease, the latter with an epic Z-Move. Then switched in Zapdos, who hadn’t had a chance to feature in the previous three battles, to complete the sweep

Now the Champion awaits…

Bisharp if I remember rightly. Also took down Zoroark while I was healing Talonflame, but Talonflame KOed it and Magnezone

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  15. Silent_Jay

Silent_Jay Well-Known Member

I've challenged myself in catching all Ultra Wormhole legendary Pokemon in Beast Balls (with specific good natures!). Some have been easy and took little time on the first try. Some took hours and many attempts due to Struggle or not being my aimed nature. Some have even taken days. Earlier on, after 3 days of attempts, I finally have a Jolly Beast Ball Landorus (I wanted Adamant but I'll settle for Jolly). Right now I have all of the catchable legendaries of Ultra Sun in Beast Balls except Heatran, Suicune, Giratina and Kyurem (and Cobalion, accidentally in a Ultra Ball, and Virizion which happened to be my very first shiny legendary even without resetting!). I just done another run and somehow missed the level 4 wormhole even though I'm pretty sure I went straight through the middle!!!

I continue my long patience testing challenge...

EDIT: Thats Modest Beast Ball Heatran caught.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  16. Kage-Pikachu

Kage-Pikachu Well-Known Member

Thanks for the response and good job on defeating the other two!

I finally bred all of the Pokemon I was trying to get but my Ultra Sun is still MIA... Can't find it anywhere.

In Ultra Moon I tried Super Singles again and didn't even make it to round 10 before getting booted out, lol, I'm losing my touch.

Flamer and Aquarelle like this.
  17. Silent_Jay

Silent_Jay Well-Known Member

Continuing on from my earlier post... Caught Bold Beast Ball Suicune on the second attempt. Took 83 Beast Balls and was very close to Struggling. Now just Giratina and Kyurem left to go!

Also managed to trade for 4 Oblivia Deoxys (one for each forme, all with great natures) and a shiny Pokemon Ranger Manaphy.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  18. Acerola

Acerola ::A Smitten Kitten With One Mitten::

Going against Team RR, and looking to complete my living dex!
    Starting off with Gen one right now :D

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  19. Mega Altaria

So I went on Ultra Sun and I didn't do too much this time and there's nothing much noteworthy because I didn't win any Bottle Caps. At the lotteries today, I won Nuggets, which was at least decent. But I still got that Baltoy from the GTS and I deposited a Happiny for a Golett. So now my Alola Dex caught count is 197.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.
  20. Aquarelle

Yesterday, I trained my Togekiss, Dragonair, and Gabite some more. I went to the Poni Plains again and fought Chansey & Blissey in SOS battles, which allowed all three Pokemon to grow quite a few levels. I ended the wild battle once my dragons reached level 55-56; they then evolved into Dragonite & Garchomp. Togekiss was level 65+ (or something) by that point.

Next, I completed Dragonite and Garchomp's movesets using TMs and the move re-learner. I then returned to the Battle Buffet and fought several trainers using Togekiss.

Finally, I spent a little bit of time in Festival Plaza. I did a couple of Wonder Trades plus a few missions.

Kage-Pikachu likes this.