• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I went onto Ultra Sun and I got the Snubbull that arrived at Isle Abeens and a Pyukumuku arrived. I have around 30 Patterned Beans to collect so that I can fill it to the maximum amount. When I went onto the Festival Plaza, I Wonder Traded Snubbull and I eventually got a Pidove. I received the Golett on the GTS and the next thing I will obtain is a Frillish.

Silent_Jay

Not really played today but I did manage to get a Zeraora whom is probably my favourite mythical for a long, long time!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I went onto Ultra Sun and I found a Pinsir and a Litleo at Isle Abeens. I got a Big Nugget in a Gold Rush lottery and I went onto the GTS and got Frillish on it. I later deposited a Happiny for a Bruxish, which I got afterwards. I hatched onw Happiny egg and I got my Poké Finder to Lv 4 after taking a number of good Eevee photos. So I saved one of them to my SD card. I currently have a Happiny deposited for a Drampa and I am halfway through completion of the Alola Dex, which I have 200 caught so far.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Traded away several more Pokemon on Wonder Trade tonight. I received a Charmander and Froakie in Moon Balls, which was really cool since I don't think I've had starters in Apricorn Balls before.

Next, I returned to the nursery to breed for another Pokemon. I've decided to raise a Kangaskhan next, so I put one in the nursery and hatched some eggs. Only had to hatch a couple of batches before I got a Kangaskhan with a perfect IV spread.

Finally, I took some pictures with the Poke Finder. My thumbs-up counter is now at over 600,000.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
In Ultra Sun I maxed out my Patterened Bean count so I used 20 of them and 30 Plain Beans at Isle Abeens to attract some more Pokémon. I received a Drampa, Alolan Sandshrew and a Vanillite on the GTS. I ranked up to Rank 157 in the Festival Plaza too. I currently have a Happiny deposited for a Pawniard. I took some more photos with the Poké Finder and I got to at least 200,000 likes. I have 203 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Pokédex.

Flamer

Having defeated the Elite 4, I made my way to the Champion's throne room. As this was the first League to ever be hosted in Alola, there was no one there, but the Professor showed up, followed by Hau, and decided the two of us should battle it out to be crowned the first Champion of Alola

The battle got off to a good start. Led with Lycanroc, who's been my de-facto starter. Hau started with Raichu, who Lycanroc OHKOed with a Crunch. He then sent out Tarous. Had a suspicion it might be packing Earthquake, so switched in Talonflame. Turned out the be right on the money. Talonflame hit it with a couple of Fly attacks, before Tarous KOed itself with a Double Edge. In came Crabdomidable, who Talonflame hit with a super effective Fly. Hau used a Full Restore though, and despite connecting another Fly, Talonflame went down. Bought Lycanroc back in to finish the job with a Fire Fang, but Hau anticipated that with a clever switch in to Flareon, who absorbed it with Flash Fire. Not wanting to take any chances, I went all out with Splintered Stormshards. Rotom had activated its Prize Money boost before the match, so gave me another Z Move to use later

Next up was Hau's starter, Primarina. Not liking Lycanroc's chances against her, I switched in Zapdos. Turned out to be a bad move, as it was OHKOed by a Hydro Vortex. Luckily I had Articuno's Freeze Dry as a back up plan, which did the job nicely. By this point the battle was pretty much over. As Hau sent in his final Pokemon, Noivern, I decided to have a little fun and switch in Solgaleo. After tanking a Dragon Pulse on switch in, then a heart stopping super effective Dark Pulse, as Noivern out-sped us, Nebby summoned his devastating Searing Sunraze Smash for the first time to win the match in style. And what style it was. Quite probably the coolest Pokemon move I've ever seen

And with that finale, I was crowned Champion of Alolan. Hau took it pretty well, especially considering my Pokemon had just thrust his through an inter-dimensional portal and exploded a Sun on top of it. Some Thanos level stuff right there. Went back to Melemele Island and had a big party

Aquarelle

Staff member
My Festival Plaza made it to Rank 376 tonight after some missions and trades. On the GTS, I was able to get a Honedge in a Heavy Ball, which was great since I plan on raising an Aegislash eventually. I just had to quickly hatch an Onix in order to do the trade. Shortly after, I received a Lure Ball Bagon from Wonder Trade.

Next, I bred for a Chansey. I already had a Blissey with the egg moves, Nature, and most of the perfect IVs I wanted, so I was able to hatch a perfect Chansey within five eggs.

Finally, I did some fishing. I passed the Pokerus onto my Chansey & Kangaskhan through the wild Pokemon battles I got into. Also, I fished up several items, including a Bottle Cap and a few Big Pearls.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I went onto Ultra Sun and I got a Corsola from Isle Abeens. I then planted a Maranga Berry, 3 Cheri Berries and 2 Rawst Berries at Isle Aplenny. At Festivsl Plaza, I got Pawniard and later a Shellos came. I later Wonder Traded the Corsola and I eventually got a Magikarp that was a breedject. I also did hatch another Happiny egg. So now I have 205 Pokémon caught in the Alola Pokédex.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Recently on Ultra Sun:

-I EV trained my Chansey & Kangaskhan a few days ago.

-Used Poke Refresh to max out the Affection of Chansey, Kangaskhan, and some of the other Pokemon I’ve been raising recently.

-Today, I nicknamed all of my bred Pokemon who didn’t have nicknames yet, since I’ve been forgetting to do that recently.

-Trained at the Battle Buffet a bit, defeating all of the trainers with my Togekiss.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So in Ultra Sun I planted my Maranga Berries and Leppa Berries at Isle Aplenny and gave my usual team a Level Boost Drink to grind them on the go. So then I went onto Festival Plaza and I got Relicanth, Dhelmise and Carvanha. I got my Poké Finder like counter to at least 350,000. I hatched 5 Happiny eggs because I was starting to run out of Happinys to trade on the GTS. I now have 208 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Dex.

Silent_Jay

Finally caught all of the Ultra Wormhole legends in Beast Balls in Ultra Sun, including the ones that have party requirements (i.e. Groudon and Kyogre for Rayquaza). All have good natures for competitive so at somepoint I'll get on to training them properly.

Also managed to beat Red on battle 50 of Super Singles at the Battle Tree, gaining a stamp for my Trainer Passport and (almost) catching up with my record on the original Sun game. Now to start planning out a team for Doubles.

Aquarelle

Staff member
-Did some Mantine Surfing at several of the beaches around Alola. I earned a nice amount of BP.

-Trained at the Battle Buffet for a little while again, followed by more training against wild Chansey on Poni Island. My own Chansey & Kangaskhan made it to level 50-something.

-Went to the Battle Tree and started a Super Doubles streak. I entered with Mega Kangaskhan, Togekiss, and Garchomp, along with a level 1 Aron for Endeavor fun. I made it to 15 wins tonight before taking a break.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I went onto Ultra Sun and I received Kyogre from this month's Legendary event today. I started to farm more Leppa Berries at Isle Aplenny and collected beans and shards. At Isle Abeens, I got a Pinsir there. At Festival Plaza, I received a Skrelp and I later Wonder Traded the Pinsir for a Phantump, which evolved into a Trevenant upon the trade. I later Wonder Traded a Phantump and I got a Kricketune in return. I later received a Clauncher on the GTS and I deposited another Happiny for a Wailmer. I am Rank 158 at Festival Plaza and I have 211 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Pokédex.

Aquarelle

Staff member
At the Battle Tree, I continued my Super Doubles challenge last night. I defeated 20 more trainers, bringing my streak up to 35 wins. I scouted Cynthia as a partner for Multi Battles, too, which I was happy I remembered to do since I kept forgetting to scout other trainers I defeated.

Also, I made it to Rank 380 in Festival Plaza. I hadn't done much there recently since I didn't have my 3DS connected to the internet while on vacation, but I got back into doing some missions and Wonder Trades yesterday.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Back to SOS chaining, and successfully completed the day with 3 shiny Eevee. All male, no HA, caught in Premier Ball, natures are Serious, Timid and Hasty. It took 403, 46 and 355 encounters respectively for each, but ran out of my entire Roto PPs.

That makes the count of my shiny Eevee family up to 5. All 4+ IV's, 2 are flawless with Gentle and the other Timid nature. I'm impatiently waiting which one will evolve into the next Eeveeloution for Generation 8 while I'll try to catch more to obtain a female/or HA one.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Made it to Rank 383 in Festival Plaza. While Wonder Trading today, I received two more Pokemon in interesting Poke Balls: Skrelp in a Lure Ball & Gothorita in a Dream Ball.

At the Battle Tree, I continued with my Super Doubles streak, but ended up losing at just battle 37 or 38. I got unexpectedly swept by a Tyranitar + Gogoat combo...I'm thinking that the Tyranitar got in a Dragon Dance boost when I briefly glanced away from the screen, which I missed seeing (have move animations turned off, so it's easy to miss things).

I started a new streak after that and got back to 10 wins.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I planted Leppa Berries in Poké Pelago after I ran out of Roto PPs as an alternate solution to increase PP while SOS-chaining. I got 84 in a batch, but used 46 to capture 2 new Shiny Eevee. A relatively early capture for the first try, but the second one took 807 encounters. Still no luck with female and HA, and Modest nature didn't pass on unfortunately. Regardless, I'm happy with Calm and Hasty natures.

Also, I tried to chain a Grubbin. But, Spark paralyzed my Kadabra and Synchronize paralyzed it as well in return which made the mission impossible.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I started up a new game in Ultra Sun because I haven't played it yet. I'm slacking so hard on getting games beat because work takes up so much of my time lol. I picked Litten as my starter. I used Rowlet in my Pokemon Moon playthrough, so I figured I would give Litten a try. I caught a Grimer, and Hawlucha. I just defeated the first trial! I'm preparing for my battle with Hala as we speak.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On the GTS, I managed to get a Love Ball Chansey! I've been trying to get one for a while (looking on the GTS & in the wild on my HeartGold), so I was really glad I finally got one. I just had to hatch an extra Skrelp in order to get it.

I also received a Dream Ball Aron on the GTS. The other person was asking for a Ditto, and I just happened to have an extra one with a Nature I didn't really care about.

After that, I continued at the Battle Tree for a bit. I won another 10 battles, bringing my current Super Doubles streak to 20.

Next, I bought several Mega Stones with some of my saved up BP. I then earned back some BP via Mantine Surfing.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Breeding Cubone's en mass until I get one with battle armor for an ability. (Both parents are the kantonian marowaks, the father has the hidden ability.) The parents are in a moon ball and love ball, I am trading them en mass and I got a jolly nature level one Drillbur that has perfect i.v's, an smogan approved move set, mold breaker as well as a shiny.

SWEET because Excadrill is one of my more liked pokemon. (Mold breaker is SO good!)