• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I decided to feed my Pokémon a couple of Poké Beans and Alolan Ninetales got its fourth affection heart. I then went on to add a couple of Pokémon to the Pokédex and I scanned a couple of shiny Pokémon QR codes to add them to the Pokédex. So I fully evolved Rowlet into Decidueye, Litten into Incineroar, Alolan Rattata into Alolan Raticate, Metapod into Butterfree and Ledyba into Ledian. I currently have 228 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Pokédex.

Ketaru

Just got done with a very defensive battle over Battlespot.
Flygon, Vileplume, and Porygon2 vs. Hippowdon, Celesteela, and Mimikyu

I would say it went just as one might expect. A lot of Yawning and Sleep Powders, Leech Seed, U-Turns, Recover. I started to gain the upper hand however when the other trainer refused to switch Celesteela out against Vileplume. She kept expecting me to switch out because Giga Drain was very much at a type disadvantage, but luckily Tri Attack managed to burn Celesteela (I would have gone for Thunder Wave paralyzing, but for one reason or another, including a miss, it wasn't to be). Celesteela had Fire Blast, but the battled turned when I realized that its Fire Blast was just not going to be able to kill Vileplume when it has Strength Sap. So, as she refused to switch out Celesteela, I refused to switch out Vileplume. thwarting any Leech Seed attempt. Yes- I will absolutely keep using Giga Drain to slowly KO a Steel/Flying type if it's clear I will win eventually.

Then...the battle just turned into a slog because of her clear poor sportsmanship. She started letting her her time run rather than either give up or try to turn the fight around. As though I'm really going to concede out of boredom. All her Pokémon fainted by the time her clock ran out. Either she expected me to get tired of waiting and leave, or she was just being spiteful. Either way, what an adult baby.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
Stuck inside due to the hurricane, decided I’d use this time to soft reset for a shiny Latios. Currently at encounter 270, with shiny charm. It’s been a long long time since I SR’d for a shiny legendary. Hoping I have the patience to complete this hunt.

Edit: Ended up getting the Shiny Latios a little over 900 SR. The synchronize didn’t work but that’s okay I suppose. First Pokémon I’ve soft reset for since a Rayquaza in Emerald that I never got (quit after about 5000 SRs). Latios a nice reward for surviving the hurricane!

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I evolved some more Pokémon to complete the Alola Dex and I evolved an Abra at some point into Kadabra so that I could trade it on the GTS for an Alakazam, which I did. I caught a Bewear at some point and I took around 20 Poké Balls to catch one. I put Alolan Meowth, Munchlax and Pichu in Isle Avue to increase their friendship so that I could evolve them later. As an obligatory update, I have 242 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Pokédex.

Well Zeraora has been confirmed to be distributed in North America along side the new Lost Thunder TCG set.
Question though. What places have been confirmed to get the new TCG set and will they also be distributing Zeraora?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
A couple days ago I gotten my hands on that Shiny Poipole from the event. Modest nature means I can suit him up as a special moxie sweeper, I also gotten a Dratini with the hidden ability and she is in perfect I.V's. I just need to breed her for a jolly nature pokemon and hello multiscale Dragonite!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Evolved more Pokémon for the Alola Pokédex. Firstly I evolved a Crabrawler into Crabominable. Then I evolved Noibat into Noivern at some point then I took Munchlax, Pichu and Alolan Meowth from Isle Avue and I evolved them. I put Golbat into there too. I have 253 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Pokédex.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Played Ultra Sun a bit over the weekend, after not having the time/interest to play for a few weeks. I started by checking my Poke Pelago, where the berries I planted a while ago were ready for harvesting.

Over in Festival Plaza, I did a few missions and made it to Rank 421. I also used Wonder Trade to give away some of my breeding rejects. The first Pokemon I received in return was a Jangmo-o in a Love Ball, which was really nice, but the other Pokemon I got were Caterpie, Magikarp, etc.

Finally, I went to Poni Meadow. I took pictures on the Poke Finder there until I reached 700,000 likes.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I evolved Rufflet and Vullaby to register tbe Pokédex entries of Braviary and Mandibuzz respectively. After a few days of not playing, I discovered that Golbat's friendship has decreased a lot at Isle Avue so I gave it a tap again to get its friendship back up again. I scanned the I Choose You Cap Pikachu and Magearna QR codes to unlock their events in the game.

JohnLynch

I've spent the past few days evolving my remaining Pokemon for the regional pokedex. I've been doing that within the Ultra Wormholes (which got me a kanto marowak. Oops. Got a second cuboje evoked into Alola Marowak). I've also been hunting legendaries. I have all of 3 legendary birds. I got Tornadus (took 2 goes because it ran out of moves and struggled to death). All of water spirits (esprit, etc). And several others. I've done an audit on the remaining legendary Pokemon I can catch and there's about 8 or so to go.

I checked my regional dex and I have about 20 or so Pokemon to go. I'm going to need to breed about 10 for their earlier evolutions and trade for the rest.

I also have to redo the elite 4 to get the last tapu legendary that I accidentally fainted. With a level 100 hawchuha though it shouldn't be too tough.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So in Ultra Sun, I evolved Flabébé into Floette, Cutiefly into Ribombee and Golbat into Crobat. So I finally increased Golbat's friendship to a level it was able to evolve. I then put Igglybuff at Isle Avue later on.

JohnLynch

I got the last of the legendaries from the Wormholes. I got Dialga, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Landorus, Cobalion and Terrakion. This gives me all of the Pokemon Black/White legendaries (something I don't think I achieved back in 2013). I also caught Xerneas.

Giratina was nice and easy to catch. However I forgot to save. She wasn't so easy to catch the second time (had to reset after a party wipe). I made sure to save this time.

During all this I evolved the remaining Pokemon I had in my cue except for jangmo-o (who I'm still evolving). I've started trying to evolve the remaining Pokemon which either need stones I don't have (using pokepelago to get them) or by friendship. I still have a handful of Pokemon to catch throughout the game so I'm using that to try to boost friendship. I'm also feeding them in my festival to boost friendship. This is tedious and annoying but unfortunately necessary.

I also need to finish off the Elite 4 and get Zygarde.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I still haven't gotten my Shiny Stone for Floette yet so I went out to evolve Magikarp into Gyarados instead. Other than that I got 135 FC from the ranking question a passerby gave. Igglypuff was getting overheated from staying too long so I gave it a tap to increase its friendship again.

Micheal cooksey

Hey guys long time lurker first tine poster however the weirdest thing happened me and has never happened to me before. I have been playing pokemon since gen 2 and my saves are always there and nothing has ever happened to lose them except for the battery dying in gsc other than that all good. So i turn on my ultra sun only to see myself at the first island with 3 mons. Any fixes for this has any ever experienced this before? I have heard of these games having bad glitch issues but never a full on reset please help I lost all my event mons.....

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Was Sos chaining for a Hoothoot with tinted lens, it got interrupted by a shiny one. I tried again and gotten a female with the ability, but no modest nature mon with hurricane!

So I am going to work on that, I heard Noctowl got a buff.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I put a Cleffa at Isle Avue for the time being and I eventually fully evolved Igglybuff into Wigglytuff. I am currently Rank 162 at the Festival Plaza. I believe I have at least 260 Pokémon caught for the Alola Pokédex.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Finished SR for Modest HP Fire Xerneas.

11 hours of real life time, just gone. Don't it kids, just because it's legitimate doesn't mean it's good for you lmao.

Also majorly lucked out on GTS with a shiny Timid HP Fire Xerneas, just had to fork over one of the level 1-10 Sinnoh legendaries from the Johto event lmao.

Also got a Shiny Snowpoint Temple level 1 Regigigas from GTS, GTS is still bad and cluttered with greedy kids and trolls but there's still good people now and then.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I finally got the Shiny Stone I needed to evolve Floette into Florges, which I did. I fully evolved Cleffa into Clefable early on and I put Type: Null into Isle Avue. I ranked up to Rank 163 even though I keep on getting these bouncy houses. After another check, I now have 266 Pokémon registered as caught in the Alola Pokédex.

JohnLynch

I have caught all of the outstanding pokemon. I finished off the Elite 4, got the last guardian pokemon and also got Zygarde.

Using Pokepelago and friendship cafe (which involved doing a few giveaways to get my points up) I was able to boost my friendship score sufficiently to get the rest to evolve. I also discovered I had Kyurem to catch, which I was able to do as the event in Australia gave me Zekrom. That was my last outstanding legendary.

I also caught and bred the rest of my Alolan living dex. With a successful trade for a second Type:Null the only pokemon I'm missing are the two extra rockruff forms and a second poipole. I do need to evolve through friendship one of my Type:Null to Silvally as well (I used the event Silvally to get my pokedex completed, but I would like a non-shiny version for my living dex).

I've taken a break from this though to do some breeding. I've never gotten involved in IV breeding before so it's been a learning curve. I've successfully chain bred good pair of parents for bulbasaur with competitive natures and the perfect IV spread. I've also got a spare to use to try to trade for another competitive pokemon so I can branch out to other pokemon. I've started chain breeding charmander. I have a good father for charmander, however I didn't have a female one. Fortunately I was able to get one after only one egg, however the IV spread wasn't good. I've tried getting another female with a better IV spread and after 30 eggs I've had no luck.

I'm going to take a break from charmander for now as I want to participate in the Spooky Friendly Competition. A shiny pokemon just for participation is a pretty good reward. I've never participated in the online competition before so this will be a new experience for me. I've looked through what pokemon I have and what pokemon are legal and I can get what I think is a decent team together. Tomorrow I'll start IV breeding them as I have good male parents to breed with and I'm avoiding species which are predominantly male so that should make breeding for better IVs much easier.

Ducolamia

SAYYYY WHAT???
Finally played through Ultra Moon. I had Ultra Sun, but I'm not restarting tutorial Melemele Island.

So far, I'm not as salty as I was when I first played it. I decided to go with Primarina since I chose Decidueye on my first run. I already chose Litten and Popplio for Sun and Moon for I figured I go with the Pokemon I didn't use last. Primarina is a beast obviously and I love the fact that it tanks and hits hard. I'm currently finishing up the Aether Paradise Arc and I'm off to Poni Island. My team currently is:

Primarina
Beheyeem (surprisingly alright was a struggle in the beginning)
Alolan Ninetales
Incineroar (I bred it from Ultra Sun with Egg Moves)
Leafeon (Gets Leaf Blade at a good level)
Magnezone (Man, I forgot how good Magnezone is. Do yourself a favor and get one. It's really good. And thank god it evolves at blush mountain. That Poni Island thing was crap)

I already collected the last couple of TMs in the previous areas and I used Pokeride to get what I missed. Saving the Totem stickers for later. I'll get them in one go.