1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Wulava, Nov 17, 2017.

1. SubtleVVeirdoh

SubtleVVeirdoh Unova Enthusiast

Since I haven’t finished UM yet, I decided to start a new file a several days ago. To keep this initial post short; as of last night I finished my Akala Grand Trial, though I have not made it to the Resort and talked with the Aether member.

Team:
    • Bonsai Bebé (Sudowooodo)
    • VVavé (Lanturn)
    • White Haze (Masquerain)
    • GS Cookies2 (Mawile)
    • Haunted (Dhelmise)
    Haven’t decided on a last member. Atm I’m between a Nidoqueen, Skrelp, or any Pokémon I have yet to use in a core game...oh the choices :(

Edit: I fell asleep while playing and hadn’t saved at any point after my grand trial soooo I’ll be doing that after work, today.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. Drummerdude

Drummerdude Well-Known Member

I did my best to skip every trainer on Route 2 and quickly headed to the Trial site where I successfully completed the trial using Litten. As I was leaving Verdant Cavern I captured my official second team member, Alolan Diglett. You know it's funny at this point the first time I played Ultra Sun I had four team members. Anyway Professor Kukui wanted me to go to Route 3 to look for Lillie but I chose to backtrack and train up Diglett a bit. Man does this thing faint easily. Once I had defeated the trainers I skipped I headed to Route 3 where I eventually found Lillie and Nebby had run away or something. I chased after Nebby into a cave and took a break.

[​IMG] Lv17
    [​IMG] Lv14

I really like Litten's design but am not a fan of Torracat's honestly. I think it is the orange coloring vs the red coloring. Which is odd since Orange is my favorite color.

3. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

I have managed to defeat Rainbow Rocket. Ghetsis wasn't as hard as I thought he would be. Giovanni was, as even after exhausting my Max Revives I only won with Primarina barely holding on against Mega Mewtwo X. Now I will continue shiny hunting for Ultra Wormhole legends. My team consists of Primarina, Vikavolt, Salazzle, Scrafty, Nebby the Solgaleo, shiny Abomasnow(not intentional, I was looking for an Abomasnow and it turned out shiny)

4. Drummerdude

After saving Nebby and defeating Hau I headed back to Iki Town and challenged Hala to a battle. Diglett wasn't much help this fight but the Pikipek I had in my party sure came in handy. After winning and gaining the ability to ride on Tauros I re-explored Melemele Island before Mantine Surfing to Akala Island. I did my best to hurry through to the second trial which I only managed to win thanks to Trumbeak. After completing the trial I caught my third team member, a Morelull! I ran through Route's 6 and 7 and completed the third trial thanks to my newly evolved Dugtrio. I managed to skip the trainers on Route 8 so I could catch my fourth team member, a Wimpod! I defeated the trainers of Route 8, evolved Morelull, and took a break.

[​IMG] Lv28
    [​IMG] Lv27
    [​IMG] Lv25
    [​IMG] Lv22

5. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

Decided to finally EV-train the last of my Pokemon teams. Soon I will have 18 fully EV-trained teams... some of which I think may be outdated buuut... I'm kind of too lazy to check the math lol.

Other than that, after the EV-training. I'm going to check if GameFreak has finally fixed that glitch that falsely checks any cross-gen Pokemon from the Gen 2 VC games as illegal. Getting... a little annoyed that I can't use my Mismagius from my adventures heheheheh.

6. Pikachu111213

Pikachu111213 Kid from Pallet Town

Been breeding Dratini with shiny charm and Masuda Method. Just hatched egg #1105 with no shiny. Be praying to Arceus for me so I don’t lose my mind! Lol!

7. Drummerdude

I headed into the Grass Trial and managed to avoid upsetting any of the wild Pokemon in the Lush Jungle apart from the Totem Lurantis. Who fainted to a Z-Powered Fire Fang from Torracat. After getting the Z-Crystal I explored the Lush Jungle and caught my fifth team member, a Passimian! I headed to a Research Lab afterwards and after a long cutscene got to explore Diglett's Tunnel and arrived in Konikoni City. Next stop was Memorial Hill and a quick Grand Trial against Olivia where Passimian got to prove its worth against her Lileep while Shiinotic finally did something useful against her Lycanroc.

Next I headed to a Grand Resort where I received an invitation to go to the Aether Paradise. A strange Jellyfish thing appeared and Dugtrio took it out quickly enough. Next stop, Ula'ula Island.

[​IMG] Lv31
    [​IMG] Lv31
    [​IMG] Lv29
    [​IMG] Lv28
    [​IMG] Lv26

8. PokeAnt24

PokeAnt24 New Member

Hi guys! I’m new here and I want to evolve one of my Pokémon via trade. Will someone please help me?

9. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

I chose Litten as my starter. It was a Female, and her name is Letty.
    Got through all the stuff and on Route 1 with Kukui.

Team
    Litten (Letty) Lv. 8 female
    Grubbin (Zuli) Lv. 3 female
    Pikipek (Niinlu) Lv. 2 female

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. passerby boy.

passerby boy. Totally a Dragon Master

I finally have a decent Battle Tree team and I'm in the process of breeding six more Pokemon so I can alternate them here and there.
    My first set of three were:

Alolan Ninetails (Angel); Perfect IVs and EV trained in Speed and Sp. Atk.. Holding Leftovers. Ability: Snow Warning (HA)

Alolan Muk (Daniel); Perfect IVs and EV trained in Defense and Sp. Def.. Holding Black Sludge. Ability: Poison Touch

Alolan Marowak (Isabelle); Perfect IVs and EV trained in Attack and Defense. Holding Thick Club. Ability: Cursed Body

I'm currently training a team of dual type Dragon type Pokemon:
    Hydriegon, Dragonite, Garchomp, Tyrantrum, Flygon, and Kommo-o.

I've gotton up to 20 defeats in the Super Single Battles with my first three Pokemon. C:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  11. Drummerdude

I defeated Hau and found Kukui in the Malie Gardens before taking a trip to a library. Finally the string of cutscenes concluded and I could actually play the game for a few minutes. I headed down Route 10 and found some Stufful (and evolved Wimpod) and beat some trainers as well as some Skull grunts harassing a bus stop. After a quick bus ride up a mountain I walked down it battling trainers when Torracat evolved into Incineroar! I found some Charjabugs and helped Sophecles line them up on a grid before battling Totem Togedemaru. Alolan Dugtrio came in handy here as neither Togedemaru nor the Skarmory that was called in could do much damage. Once Togedemaru was defeated I swapped to Incineroar who finished off Skarmory with Fire Fang.

After receiving the Z-Crystal I returned to Malie City and defeated Guzma with Golisopod and Incineroar before heading through Route 11. I gained the ability to ride on Mudsdale and started the trek through Route 12 before taking a break.

[​IMG] Lv36
    [​IMG] Lv36
    [​IMG] Lv34
    [​IMG] Lv33
    [​IMG] Lv32

12. PokeMon2.0

On Akala now. Beat Hau in Paniola.
    Edit: Paniola Ranch now.
    Caught a Mudbray and a Mareep, also defeated a Tauros which caused trouble for Torracat.
    Got 5 eggs. 4 from breeding a female Swanna and male Trumbeak and an Eevee egg.
    Battling Gladion.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  13. PokeMon2.0

Beat Araquanid.
    Going to Route 8
    Team
    Letty (Torracat) female Lv. 25
    Mimzo (Mr. Mime) male Lv. 19
    Ennio (Leafeon) male Lv. 26
    Titicaca (Ducklett) female Lv. 17
    Gardenia (Kirlia) female Lv. 23
    Mr. Maku (Makuhita) male Lv. 21
    On Route 8
    In Lush Jungle.
    Beat Lurantis.
    Going to catch Pokémon.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  14. PokeMon2.0

Started Ultra Sun, which I just got.
    Got Popplio. Named him Ziggy. He’s Calm nature.
    Battled Hau. Took 2 Water Guns to KO his Litten.
    Spearow was no problem.
    Going to meet Hala.
    Got to meet him.
    Found a Buneary. Named her Fono.
    Found a Ledyba. Named him Spot.
    Found a Pikipek. Named him Bukaoq.

15. Drummerdude

Quick recap. I easily beat the Ghost trial with Incineroar and Dugtrio and made it to Po Town where I remembered I had a bunch of event cards from Gamestop. I was planning on using Poipole so I decided to use the Shiny one.....only to realize the code had expired. Oops. What had not expired was the Zeraora card so rather than wait until the end of the game I decided what the heck and added Zeraora as my final team member. I kicked some Skull butt and rescued Yungoos before beating the third grand trial and heading to the Aether Foundation to save Lillie.

After a lot of battles and a LOT of cutscenes I witnessed some fun with portals and then headed to Poni Island. I got the Sun Flute and witnessed the rise of a new Island Kahuna. I fought some more Skull grunts and took a break.

[​IMG] Lv50
    [​IMG] Lv50
    [​IMG] Lv49
    [​IMG] Lv48
    [​IMG] Lv47
    [​IMG] Lv54

16. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

More or less completed Ultra Sun. I'm going to play Y soon while I also SR for a shiny Eevee in Leaf Green. Before I move to Y or do some stuff in VC Crystal, I am probably going to level up some Pokemon from the Poke Pelago left over and complete the Island Scan list.

17. PokeMon2.0

In Ultra Sun, I beat the Verdant Cavern trial.
    I have caught Pokémon in Melemele Meadow.
    I went to the Seaward Cave, and I beat the Ultra Recon Squad.
    After that I went through Route 3, caught a Mankey and Crabrawler, and now I’m in Iki Town.
    I was able to beat Hala with just Rufflet’s Wing Attack.
    I was able to get False Swipe, the Fightinium Z, and the Ride Pager/Tauros.
    My team right now is
    Fono (Buneary) Lv. 19
    Ziggy (Brionne) Lv. 19
    Magneto (Magnemite) Lv. 17
    Spartacus (Slowpoke) Lv. 16
    Garuda (Rufflet) Lv. 16
    Éhh, Monko!! (Mankey) Lv. 13

18. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

Competed in the Moon Series online competition over the weekend. Made a couple of improvements to my Sun team. Replaced Solgaleo with Necrozma Dusk Mane, which was always the plan, but just didn't have Necrozma ready in the time for the previous competition. And replaced Snorlax with the Shiny Tapu Lele I received as a prize last time round

Ended up being pretty busy, so only got 5 battles in, finishing with a 3-2 record. All of them were good fun, especially the last one, which I lost by literally a handful of HP, 1 v 1 with our final Pokemon.

Tapu Lele didn't contributed as much as I thought it would, mainly because we didn't run much Trick Room. Tornadus setting up Tailwind was often the preferred approach, and his synergy with Incineroar as leads was fantastic. So many options. Fake Out and Protect, Fake Out and Tailwind, Fake Out and Taunt, or going aggressive with Tailwind and U-Turn into Kyrogre. Speaking of Kyrogre, it was a beast. Again ran a bulkier build, relying instead on the speed control from Necrozma's Trick Room or Tornadus's Tailwind, which thanks to Incineroar's support were both surprisingly easy to set up. And like last time, Kyrogre was able to return the favour, its Drizzle making Tornadus a great offensive weapon with Hurricane.

Did forget to equip a Z-Stone to anyone, which was a fairly large oversight. Definitely cost me one match, if not both. Ludicolo was a bit of a passenger. Don't think I brought it into any of the battles. Might consider switching it out for something else if I continue to use this team in Battle Spot.

19. Drummerdude

I just realized I never finished posting about Ultra Sun. I've beaten the Elite 4. I can't truly recall any real stand out moments near the end. I know I beat Ultra Necrozma on my first try thanks to Zeraora and Incineroar. And because I left the Exp Share on the whole game I didn't struggle at all with the Elite 4. I started the Rocket storyline but took a break after a few battles at Aether Paradise. I'm unsure if I will finish that out but I did enjoy this play through immensely. Incineroar is my favorite Alolan starter and Golisopod was a lot of fun to use. Passimian was probably my least favorite team member overall but I wouldn't say it was bad or anything.

[​IMG] Lv59
    [​IMG] Lv59
    [​IMG] Lv58
    [​IMG] Lv58
    [​IMG] Lv57
    [​IMG] Lv61

Ignition likes this.
  20. Ishiftyounot

Ishiftyounot Master Procrastinator

On a week off from university me and a friend of mine decided to restart our Ultra Sun & Moon games and start a monotype challenge together, which I'm posting progress of now. He picked Water pretty quickly, and after a long internal debate I picked Dark (if only to use a starter as well, and my love for Incineroar is supreme).

Thus far we've made it to Wela Volcano Park, just before the Trial. It's been pretty fun so far! My friend's team has really come into its own since Akala where he's added Vaporeon and Araquanid to his roster (alongside Brionne and a Slowpoke he keeps getting irate about) and has had no problems with the Totems or Trials. Raticate fell to Popplio's Disarming Voice and Hala dropped to Slowpoke from what I've witnessed, Araquanid was a case of boosting his Vaporeon up with X Defenses and Roto-boosts to knock it out after some time. Looks pretty simple, and he's more than prepared for Totem Marowak.

My team however has struggled a bit, but we're on relatively equal footing. Now my Alolan Meowth and Rattata have evolved I have some solid powerhouses on my team and honestly Persian has surprised me a lot. Technician-boosted Shock Wave and Water Pulse hurts like hell, it's wicked fast and somewhat tanky. I like it. My ace so far though has been Grimer, without a doubt. Using X items (again, USUM made me appreciate those so so much) alongside some poisoning shenanigans Grimer has been pivotal in my triumph over Totem Gumshoos and looks to be repeating the process with Marowak. I did have a Sableye on the squad at one point but it felt pretty lackluster, although it did beat Totem Araquanid for me (but Grimer could've done the same). Torracat my trusty starter has done well although desperately wants Bite at the moment; relying on Lick and Double Kick for coverage sucks a lot at the moment.

So far, solid progress! Hoping to play some more on Saturday, aim is to reach Lush Jungle at the very least.

USUM Monotype Teams:
    Dark Monotype:
    [​IMG] Tony elTigre the Torracat, Level 21 [Fire Fang, Double Kick, Leer, Lick]
    [​IMG] Fatticus the Raticate, Level 21 [Hyper Fang, Focus Energy, Bite, Quick Attack]
    [​IMG] Dishface the Persian, Level 21 [Water Pulse, Shock Wave, Swift, Bite]
    [​IMG] Skittles the Grimer, Level 21 [Bite, Poison Fang, Poison Gas, Disable]

Water Monotype:
    [​IMG] Brionne
    [​IMG] Slowpoke
    [​IMG] Vaporeon
    [​IMG] Araquanid

Drummerdude, Ignition and zolios like this.