• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
This thread is for you who already have the game. You can post about your game progress such as completing a trial, Legendary or shiny Pokemon encounters, Battle Agency or Battle Tree experiences, etc.

Rules:

• Don't spam. In the past you could only post once per 20th post. We do not want to enforce such a rule again.
  • Do not ask questions here. This is not the help thread, which you can find here: Ultra Sun & Ulta Moon Help Thread
  • Each post must contain 3 sentences or more. Don’t just post “Caught Pikipek.” This is obviously you either being lazy or trying to increase your post count.

Each of these rules will be enforced. If you break a rule, expect your post to be deleted, as well as expect an infraction.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I was able to pick up both games at 9 tonight. I'm playing through Ultra Moon first.

So far, I've just been going through the intro parts of the game. I decided to play as the boy and picked Litten as my starter. Most of my time tonight was spent on Route 1 and Iki Town. I battled Hau a couple of times and caught several Pokemon for trading purposes (including 3 Buneary). I spent a lot of time talking to Prof. Kukui and Lillie, too, of course.

I played up to the first Pokemon Center. At that point, I decided to trade my team over from Sun.
I'm using these Pokemon:
725.png
131.png
764.png
753.png
741-pau.png
190.png

Once I had my team traded over, I saved. Next time, I'll continue onto the Trainers' School.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I managed to get Ultra Sun earlier today and I started off by picking the girl character and named her Helina. After passing through the intro, I picked Popplio as mu starter and spent much of my time in Iki Town and Route 1. I caught a Yungoos, Buneary, Alolan Rattata, Caterpie, Pikipek, Grubbin, Wingull, Slowpoke and an Inkay. A couple of things brought my inner nostalgia from seeing Lillie fleeing from the Aether employees in the intro and Tapu Koko saving the player character after protecting Cosmog from the attacking Spearows on the bridge in the Ruins of Conflict. After getting a Rotom loaded into my Dex and the events with Kukui and Lillie in the lab, I spent a while in Festival Plaza and downloaded the Rockruff and the Celebi Wonder Cards. Next thing to do is to go through Trainers' School at least.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
So, I've played for nearly seven hours now. I got both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, but I'm playing Sun first. I chose the female chars, and named her Ailey. I picked Litten as my starter. I've done a fair bit of exploring of the whole Melemele Island, trying to catch as many Pokémon as possible, especially the new ones, like Furfrou, Inkay, Buneary, Noibat, Zorua and Hawlucha. But my biggest surprise was that I caught a Bagon on my first try on route 3. They're supposed to have an encounter rate of 1%. I also downloaded the event Rockruff, and it's part of my main team. I beat the first trial, and just beat Hala, which was a breeze thanks to Hawlucha. My Litten evolved as well. So right now my team is: Torracat, Hawlucha, Noibat, Rockruff, Grubbin and Zorua. I'm on my way to the Photo Club now.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
So far I have Rowlet, Grubbin, Own Tempo Rockruff, And Pikipek on my team. Hau somehow got a female Popplio. My Own Tempo Rockruff is Female so breeding is a lot easier.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Finally, they’re out in the states now. I got Ultra Sun first at some point down the line, I’ll get Ultra Moon.

I played it last night to get myself started. I picked the female character and I named her Ery. I also picked Rowlet as my starter. I got to Iki Town, battled Hau twice, and even got the Rotom Dex from Professor Kukui. I also caught a Grubbin, Caterpie, and an Inkay. I also got my Own Tempo Rockruff from Mystery Gift.

As of now, I have Rowlet and Rockruff and they’re the only ones I know I am using.

My Team
Robin Hood (Rowlet)
Rocky (Rockruff)

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm very happy to report that I was able to get my game first morning, first day! :D I have already gotten through the first tutorial-filled hour and am currently at the trainer's school. I've begun working on my Festival Plaza and am currently Rank 10.
My team so far is:

Litten: Level 10
Pikipek: Level 5

xEryChan

Demon Child
I decided tio play a little of US before work and I made it to the Trainers’ School. I recieved the EXP Share before battling all four of the trainers and the Teacher there, defeating them all. I went into the grass to see what Pokemon were in the srea and I caught an Alolan Meowth. After that, I met Illiama and spoke with him briefly before he left. After that, I left the school and made my towards Hau’Oli City.

I briefly got an explanation on the PokeFinder and used it to take pictures of a Pikachu. After that, I made my way towards the heart of the city and saved.

Current Team
Robin Hood (Rowlet) Lv. 11
Rocky (Rockruff) Lv. 10
Vicca (Grubbin) Lv. 8
Trickster (Meowth) Lv. 8

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Took me two tries to get Adamant Rowlet and I was happy about that. Just going to Iki before work.

Impressed by Y for saving now. Way more convenient. I'm hoping to find more subtle improvements in this game. Undecided on team, other than Rowlet and Turtonator. Possibly some more Sun exclusives.

I'll get Moon at some point. I traded in a bunch of games I don't play and got a GAME gift card that needs using. Maybe BOTW expansion and Ultra Moon will cover it.

Right now just enjoying the interface.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Speaking of natures, I soft reset a couple of times for the event Rockruff before finally getting Jolly. Pretty happy about that.

Well, I just finished Melemele Island, and I just surfed to Akala Island. The Mantine Surf is pretty fun, not going to lie. So that's one new feature I do like, compare to the other new feature, the Photo Club. I disliked that. Anyway, so far, I do like the subtle changes in interface and looks, but like SM, Melemele Island simply felt like a giant tutorial, and was a massive bore. Of course, there's way more of the game left, so I'm not making a complete judgement of the game.

future.newyorker

Definitely taking my time with this one. Almost 5 hours in and I just beat Ilima in Hou’oli City. My team thus far is:

Rowlet (Robin Hoot; shiny) Lv 10
Larvitar Lv 11
Growlithe Lv 10
Shinx (shiny) Lv 10
Honedge (shiny) Lv 10
Rockruff (dusk) Lv 10

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
caught Zapdos in the Ultra Space to go with Moltres, Cresselia, Thundurus, Registeel, Palkia, and Latias

also got a shiny Lombre and Floatzel

UBs, got one each of Xurkitree, Pheromosa, Nihilego, Celesteela

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Definitely taking my time with this one. Almost 5 hours in and I just beat Ilima in Hou’oli City. My team thus far is:

Rowlet (Robin Hoot; shiny) Lv 10
Larvitar Lv 11
Growlithe Lv 10
Shinx (shiny) Lv 10
Honedge (shiny) Lv 10
Rockruff (dusk) Lv 10

5:25 for me to beat Ilima.

Aside from the tutorial filled story, I have obtained the event Rockruff for my team. Sadly, it's Sassy nature. Luckily word on the street is that this Rockruff can breed so when I get to the Daycare I will seek out a better-natured one by breeding. I got my Festival Plaza rank to 17. I have bought every item in the first clothes shop except for the two hats because I ran out of money. I fixed my character's hair and makeup, but I'm going to keep the default outfit just for today. I registered for the Global Mission and have contributed nearly 20 towards the goal. My team thus far:

Litten: Level 14
Trumbeak: Level 18
Rockruff: Level 11

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Jeez man, some of you are ridiculously fast. I got my Popplio and registered for the Global Mission. Also obtained Rotom Dex and registered my game on the PGL. Haven't really done anything else yet.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Started the game, and after being rescued from a Yungoos, I picked Rowlet as my starter, since I had previously used Popplio and Litten in Sun and Moon. I soft-resetted a few times, until my Rowlet got a nature which lowered Special Attack. I then continued on with the story, meeting Hau and battling him for the first time. Met Lillie, rescued Nebby and got the sparkling stone from Tapu Koko. Met Hala, got the Pokédex and gave him the stone. Went through the festival, fought Hau again, got the Z-Ring. Got my Pokédex upgraded, and I'm currently in the Pokémon Center on Route 1. Realized I could go into Festival Plaza, and did so. Just registered my game to my Global Link account, because why not, and entered the first Global Mission. Will play a bit more in Festival Plaza, and after that, I intend to pick up the special gift Rockruff. Will probably try to get a good nature for him/her too.

Current team:

Strix the Rowlet - Level 10.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Went to the Reverse World to get my Cosmog. It's holding the Z-Crystal for the member of the Cosmic Duo you don't catch in your game. So, in my case, Solganium Z. I then traded over a Necrozma and Solgaleo from my Sun file to get the Dusk Mane form in my Dex, since it's my favorite of the two. Still missing a few Totem Stickers, so odds are I'm gonna hunt them down.

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
Got UM today - my first impressions so far are not quite as pessimistic as I thought they'd be. So far the tutorials haven't been as much of a slog as they were in S/M and I am interested in what they're setting up plot wise. I'm not bored in the same way I was with the original games so things are looking good I guess. Also chose Rowlet because owl babby is best Alolan starter! uHu

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Kept soft-resetting for the Rockruff, and managed to get lucky and get an Adamant one. With my new team member, I made my way to the Trainer's School. Got the Exp. Share from Kukui, before beginning the challenge there. I fought against the four trainers there, got the free Quick Claw from that one person and my first TM from the last of the four trainers, before fighting against the teacher. My Rockruff did most of the work, since my Rowlet had a bit of a disadvantage against most of the Pokémon I fought there. Got some Great Balls for winning the battle, and soon I'll be heading into town with Lillie and Hau.

Current team:

Strix the Rowlet - Level 12
Yuzu the Rockruff - Level 10