• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Picked Litten this time, had Rowlet for Sun. Leveled him up to a good 10 before sweeping Hau.
Used Mystery Gift to receive Rockruff and Celebi.

Overall glad the first part of the game isn't as long and slow as it was in Pokemon Sun.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Completed my first Trial and my first Grand Trial. Assuming Cutiefly can still get Moonblast as an Egg move, I might use that permanently instead of Florges. I've got almost all of the Totem stickers on Melemele Island and raised my Plaza rank to 24. My team thus far:

Torracat: Level 21
Trumbeak: Level 19
Cutiefly: Level 19
Rockruff: Level 16

And a few other Pokemon ranging from Level 13 to 17.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well I realized I wouldn't get Dusk Lycanroc today, so I decided to not progress too much as I want Lycanroc to learn the moves he can and actually be able to play the story with Lycanroc too. I have it where I can get him tomorrow though.

So I picked Litten and praise Arceus I didn't have to immediately shut off the system like with the original Sun, it was a male Litten! The only Pokemon I cared about the gender, I don't want a female Incineroar or male Primarina on my teams ever anything else is fine.

I focused on catching everybody I saw, I've gotten a Trade Hawlucha who I really wanted on my team since finding out I can get Hawlucha... but it has an annoying nickname. I'm looking for my own Hawlucha right now.

I've only beaten Illima so far

Team:
Rockruff 17
Litten 16
Grubbin 12
Butterfree 12
Noibat 11

Aquarelle

Staff member
Earlier today, I had some free time to play and spent it by going to the Trainers' School. I had enough time to defeat the trainers I needed to fight there. Then, I made it to Hau'oli City and saved after visiting the Tourist Bureau.

This afternoon, I continued looking around Hau'oli. I went to the apparel shop and salon to change my character's appearance a bit. I bought him a new shirt and some capri pants since I liked them way more than the default shorts. While walking in the patches of grass, I fought a few wild Pokemon, and even caught a Furfrou. I started collecting Totem Stickers, too.

Eventually, Hau and I came across a couple of Team Skull Grunts. I fought one of them and defeated his Zubat with no problems. Shortly after that, I had a battle with Ilima, who was a little more challenging. I had to switch out my Litten since it was taking too much damage from Yungoos's Tackle. My Comfey & Lapras helped me win that fight.

Next, I made it to Route 2. I battled a couple trainers, then went to the cemetery. After that, I checked out the new Big Wave Beach, where I defeated another Team Skull Grunt.

Team:
725.png
131.png
764.png
753.png
741-pau.png
190.png

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Got the last of the Totem Stickers. A few really tricky ones, but overall much better handled than the Zygarde Cells.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Got my US today since GameStop didn't do a midnight release. I usually start as a male my first playthrough, since I am a guy and all, but went with female this time. I named my girl in Moon after my wife (I was a male in sun) so I named this one Star. Got through the opening, I forgot how tedious these newer ones are. I forgot to save before picking my starter so I now have a male popplio. Got to where the professor shows me how to catch pokemon and then I had to get off my 3DS. Hopefully I'll get much further real soon. Does anyone know when the pokebank goes live again?

OH! And I got my special rockruff, but haven't been able to pick it up yet.

scififan21

Got my US copy delivered today, playing as a female because I always stay true to my IRL gender. Picked Litten and my luck is super good, because after I fought the Spearow on the bridge Simba (Litten) has Pokerus! Now I'm off to the festival after the catching tutorial hopefully the Pokerus is a good omen for my first playthrough. :)

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
I'm 7 hours in, and I'm happy with my progress so far. Went to pick up the games this morning. I got both, but I'll be playing through UM this time around.

I chose the female character and named her Diana. My starter is Litten, and I received the event Rockruff. I traded over an A-Vulpix from Sun, and my first encounter in Route 2 was a shiny Ekans, who I'll be using for now. Undecided on my last 2 team members, but I'm currently searching for a water type to help me with Kiawe's trial. Adjusting to saving with Y, but I like it! Also unlocked a new trick for Mantine Surf, which I'm gonna try and master pre-Ula Ula. I'm thinking I'll explore the rest of Melemele before I take on Olivia.

Current Time: 7:06
Current Location: Brooklet Hill
Z Crystals:3
Totem Stickers: 25
Pokedex: 20/74

Current Team:
Torracat Lv. 24
A-Vulpix Lv. 23
Ekans Lv. 21
Dusk Lycanroc Lv. 27
Eevee Lv. 9

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
After I got home from work, I made a lot of progress. I stopped by the apparel shop and the salon to get my character a new haircut and some new cloths. I went down towards the Hau’oli Marina but got stopped by Hau. We ended up battling some Team Skull grunts and beating them before Hau left and I was greeted by Illiama and he challenged me to a battle. After I defeated him, he left to go towards the Trial Site.

Before taking on the trial, I decided to take a little backtracking to look and see if there were any Pokemon I missed out on catching. I caught several new Pokemon I had not caught, such as Zorua, Magnemite, Makuhita, Buneary, and several others.

I saved before heading onto Route 2.

Current Team
Robin Hood (Rowlet) Lv. 15
Manny (Buneary) Lv. 13
MakuChan (Makuhita) Lv. 14
Rocky (Rockruff) Lv. 13
Trickster (Meowth) Lv. 13

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Finished work so straight on game.

I chose Rowlet as my starter and I'll probably go Litten in Moon. Unsure on rest of team. Im tempted to use Duskanroc. At the moment I'm just soft resetting for either Jolly or Adamant. Maybe Turtonator and Noivern.

Edit: got Jolly. Tempted to stop here and sleep since I work into the night.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I continued on with my Ultra Sun adventure and cleared Trainers' School. Fortunately the teacher wasn't as hard than in Sun and Moon because I had more super effective moves on her Rowlet as opposed to her Magnemite in Sun and Moon but Ilima was just as challenging in USUM than SM. After that, I went on to Route 2 and caught a couple more Pokémon. I later cleared the Verdant Cavern trial and got my Normalium Z. I later went on to Route 3 and got into Melemele Meadow so that I could help Lillie get Nebby back in the bag and battled some Ultra Recon Squad members in Seaward Cave. I also caught some more Pokémon in Route 3, Seaward Cave and Melemele Meadow and after defeating all the trainers on Route 3, I challenged an Ace Trainer for TM19 Roost. Then I battled Hala in the Grand Trial at Iki Town and defeated him for the Fightinium Z and saved after I got Tauros for my Poké Ride Pager.

slowdude

Started with Ultra Moon. Wanted to use the virtual gold/silver code Celebi so i picked Wooper, Salandit, Joltik, Scraggy from my perfectly bred collection and a Mimikyu to fill the final spot. As i reached Ula'Ula i have been struggling using Salandit, Joltik, Scraggy and Quagsire as they evolve so late. When i saw Hau has more pokemon in comparison to S&M I finally added Celebi to the team leaving Mimikyu till last. Should get easy once Salandit, Joltik and Scraggy start evolving over the course of the island.

Also started US as a Nuzlocke. Grabbed Rowlet but that'll do until i finish more of UM.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Today has come to an end and I have surfed my way to Akala Island and have recently gotten to the nursery. In my first ever Mantine surf, I scored 17,871 points and got 6 BP for it as well as a star piece and a new aerial to try out. Working on breeding for an Adamant Duskruff. Currently 10 eggs and no luck. I also got my Festival Plaza rank to 31. My team thus far:

Torracat: Level 23
Trumbeak: Level 23
Hawlucha: Level 20

xEryChan

Demon Child
Made it to route 2 and I battled every trainer in sight and beat them all. After, I was stopped right over by where the motel is and learned about Mantine Surf, which I am really looking forward to using. Also stopped by the berry fields and got some berries before heading over to Verdent Cavern where Illima was waiting for me. I took on the trial and MakuChan easily beat the two Yungoos and Gumshoos there before going back to where Totem Gumshoos was and battled it as well and took it out without any issues, thus defeating the trial and earnjng the Normalium Z.

Once Illima and I exited Verdent Cavern, we were greeted by Professor Kukui. The professor gave me a introduction on using Z Powers before asking me to help him find Lillie.

I stopped by the Pokemon Center to heal up before saving the game.

Current Team
Robin Hood (Rowlet) Lv. 16
MakuChan (Makuhita) Lv. 16
Prankster (Meowth) Lv. 15
Manny (Buneary) Lv. 15
Rocky (Rockruff) Lv. 15

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Either this Mantine Surf game is mad easy, or I'm a badass at it, 'cause I'm raking in the high scores.

However, I have dunked it into the water a few times. I must admit, this minigame is a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Vroomer

About to start down Route 2. Currently, I am doing some trading between my copy of Sun and UM to fill out some dex entries. I also want to get some of the trading pokemon for in game trades. Hope you all are enjoying these new games. I want Bank to hurry up and get compatible. :p

Team:
Rowlet (Starter)
Rocktuff (Event - plan to evolve to Duskform)
Mime Jr.
Buneary
Grubbin
Fletchling

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Unfortunately bank not out till end of month but my pokemon Go friend helped me trade over my team from moon to ultra moon. Here's my level 1 team, all bred inside moonballs.

KingK.Rool (Totodile) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Level: 1
EVs: 100 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch

Jadzia (Salandit) (F) @ Firium Z
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 100 SpA
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Overheat

Worf (Jangmo-o) (M) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 100 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Dragon]
- Dragon Breath

Timmy (Mimikyu) (M) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Shadow Claw
- Thunder Wave
- Swords Dance

Kahn (Beldum) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Take Down

Rekt (Munchlax) (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 100 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Zen Headbutt
- Recycle
- Return

I am halfway done with island challenge. just got done in the garden with the professor and battled my first UB. Munchlax has evolved to snorlax. bedlum is now metang and finally has more than 1 move. Totodile is a powerhouse and is now a feraligator. He will be my lead from now on with sheerforce negating the life orb recoil and boosting every single attack by 30% plus life orb no recoil. sometimes doesn't even need to dance to one shot most pokemon. fire z move heat wave from salandit one shot the grass totem pokemon. mimikyu now knows shadowsneak instead of return so have to switch out on normal types. really wish jangmo-o evolved sooner it's kind of puny even with draco meteor and focus blast with fightium z move. Oh and I also leveled up a couple islands in pelagio. I can grow berries now for my snorlax and the bean stalk is level 2. need to catch more trash to level it up more.

also I downloaded my 100 pokeballs from the duel pack as well as rockruff. I redeemed the pokeballs but I'm saving rockruff until I'm ready to soft reset for nature. I might stay up later to finish the island challenge tonight. I will be playing through Ultra Sun after I finish the main story for Ultra moon. Not sure on my team yet for Ultra sun but I really have been enjoying the pokeball animations for my all moonball team so far. the added unique animations for apricot balls adds alot for me.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Headed into town, and got the Pokéfinder for my Rotomdex. Also got the Lens Case and Make-Up Bag from Lillie, and used the lenses to give my character green eyes. Also changed up my character's hair style a tiny bit, and picked up a couple of new shirts for my character. Also learned about Totem Stickers from Ilima, and heard that Team Skull were causing trouble somewhere in town. Been picking up whatever items I could find lying around, and I'd like to add at least one more Pokémon to my current team before going any further.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Today has come to an end and I have surfed my way to Akala Island and have recently gotten to the nursery. In my first ever Mantine surf, I scored 17,871 points and got 6 BP for it as well as a star piece and a new aerial to try out. Working on breeding for an Adamant Duskruff. Currently 10 eggs and no luck. I also got my Festival Plaza rank to 31. My team thus far:

Torracat: Level 23
Trumbeak: Level 23
Hawlucha: Level 20

Can you breed for Dusk Lycanroc? I thought only the event puppy evolves into it.

Hoping to clear Melemele today.