• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So I was dumb and posted my first recent happening in the help thread :p But now’s a good time to start posting here :)

I beat the first trial with the trades Hawlucha but surprisingly he’s not gonna stay one of my primary team members. I find myself catching and using unexpected Pokémon on my team, totally throwing off my planned in-game team but that’s okay. Most of them are Pokémon I have never used in an adventure before.

Rowlet - I boxed my starters pretty early in vanilla Sun and Moon so i’m committing to using him this time.

Grubbin - Thought it was rare in my first go-rounds; picked it up easy this time. Can’t wait to make her a Vikavolt - it’s earlier than Vast Poni Canyon this time, correct?

Mime Jr. - Technically i’ve used Mr. Mime before in a runthrough of Virtual Console Blue but it was before he was a fairy type. Surprisingly excited; part of me doesn’t want to evolve him though because I prefer Jr. so much more

Growlithe - another unexpected mon; I was all prepped to use the Japanese heavy ball Rockruff I got via wonder trade, but everybody’s using Rockruff right now and i’ve heard really good things about Arcanine in game.

Alola Diglett - I got over my initial frustration with Alola Dugtrio and now I want to give her a chance. Good type change in my opinion.

Ash-Greninja - I admittedly used him in vanilla Sun before but 1) I don’t have that game anymore and 2) it will make for a unique play through because idk a lot of people who are going to bring him over from the demo via the vanilla games for this go around. He’s sitting in the back waiting to be used when I get the right stamps.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Did a lot since my last post. To prepare for the Grand Trial against Hala, did some training with my team. I caught a Spearow and traded it for a Hawlucha with the girl inside the Pokemon Center on Route 2. I also leveled it up so it was on par with the rest of my team. I also evolved my Caterpie, Autumn, into Butterfree and leveled it up so it would learn Psybeam. Once I was done training, I made my way to Iki Town for the Grand Trial.

The Grand Trial was so easy. Autumn handled all three of Hala’s Pokemon with no problems at all. I also got the ride pager from Hala and the TM for False Swipe from Professor Kukui. Then I left Iki Town.

Before heading to Akala Island, I caught some new Pokemon that I did not have before, such as Pikipek, Rattata, Munchlax, and Pichu, which I am going to use for now. I also went to Ten Carat Hill but there wasn’t anything of interest there besides some items that I picked up.

Once, I decided to head to Hau’oli City and was introduced to the Alola Photo Club and I had some fun playing around with that feature. Hau greeted me when I was done and we both decided to go back to Route 2 where the Mantine Surf was. I must have spent at least twenty Mantine Surfing and I had a blast doing so. Once I was done, I went to Heahea City and met up with Professor Kukui and Lillie and also met Mallow and Olivia for the first time. I also stopped by the apparel shop to see what they had but was not hally with the clothing selection there.

After leaving the apparel shop, I saved my game before proceeding.

Current Team
Robin Hood (Dartrix) Lv. 20
Rocky (Rockruff) Lv. 20
Cha (Hawlucha) Lv. 20
Apple (Noibat) Lv. 19
SoulSurfer (Pichu) Lv. 10

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Took on Kiawe's and Mallow's trials with little difficulty. I went back and explored the rest of Melemele, and filled out my dex a lot. I still have a few I need, but I'm going to probably do one last sweep before the end of the main game to catch whatever I missed.

Played around with Mantine surf a bit, then went and defeated Olivia. Went through Aether Paradise, and actually was able to OHKO Nihelego. Afterwards went and began to explore Ula'ula, and just cleared Sophocles' trial and defeated ya boi Guzma. Probably going to take a little break, and then make my way towards Tapu Village.

Current Time: 17:02
Current Location: Malie Garden
Z Crystals: 11
Totem Stickers: 54
Pokedex: 59/136

Current Team:
Incineroar Lv. 36
D-Lycanroc Lv. 36
A-Vulpix Lv. 36
T-Araquanid Lv. 31
Primeape Lv. 31
Espeon Lv. 31

Edit: I should have specified in my last post, but whereas I played through Sun the first go around, I decided to start with playing through Ultra Moon. I'll be playing Ultra Sun probably around the holidays, just so I can space out the time between games. Eagerly awaiting bank though, because I don't wanna spend hours trading over all of the 'mon that I transferred to Sun.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Played again once it struck dawn, used rare candy on Lycanroc and proceeded into the Battle Royale. Thankfully unlike in Sun, they didn't gang up on me. Lycanroc used Fire Fang on Hau's Dartrix right away and Gladion immediately put the thing out of it's misery. I was so happy to not lose this time, I really don't enjoy the Battle Royale because the AI hates my guts when it comes to that stuff. Just earlier I confused my opponent and not once did they hurt themselves! But when I got confused even earlier? Hit myself 2 out of 4 times.....

I went on and beat Totem Marowak surprisingly easily, Lycanroc almost one shot it! Salazzle honestly gave me more trouble after he summoned her and fainted.

Eevee hatched, got immediately boxed and replaced with Fomantis. I need something on my team to deal with Olivia and I'm not a fan of the Alolan spider or horse.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
After getting Tauros, I collected some more Totem Stickers on Melemele and surfed on Mantine to Akala. After catching a couple more Pokémon on Akala Island, I obtained an Eevee egg and made it to the Brooklet Hill Trial Site and defeated the Totem Araquanid very easily thanks to Charjabug and Trumbeak, getting my Waterium Z. My Eevee hatched and then I went to Royale Avenue and challenged the Masked Royal, Gladion and Hau in a Royale match, which I won with Lopunny. After that, I went back to Melemele to collect the remaining Totem Stickers in Melemele and went back to Akala to take on the Wela Volcano Park Trial, which took a while to clear and I eventually cleared it to get the Firium Z. Then I unlocked Charizard Glide and later got access to Poké Pelago to collect some Poké Beans so that I can quickly evolve Eevee into Sylveon. Then I went onto Route 8 and I encountered a Wimpod near the Lush Jungle and dang, I triggered its Wimp Out and I would have to wait a day to catch it again. After that, it took me a few times but I eventually defeated Totem Lurantis easily with Toucannon. So I sent in Sylveon first against Totem Lurantis and switched to Toucannon. Totem Lurantis then summoned a Kecleon and Toucannon KOed it with Brick Break. Then Toucannon heated up its beak with Beak Blast and got a burn on Lurantis because it used X-Scissor and Toucannon almost KOed Totem Lurantis with Beak Blast. Then the burn damage took care of Lurantis and I got my Grassium Z.

After that, I battled some more Trainers down at Route 5 and then flew on Charizard to Hea'hea City and visited the Dimension Lab to talk with Professor Burnet and went through Diglett's Tunnel to get to Olivia's jewellery shop in Konikoni City. After battling a couple of Trainers in the nearby cemetery and Plumeria, I beat Olivia and got my Rockium Z. I flew down to Hea'hea City again and went to Hano Beach and I earned some in-game cash by chucking some Pyukumuku into the water and saved at Hano Grand Resort.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
So, the Normal Battles in the Battle Tree have been made overwhelmingly too easy. Guess I'll need to see if I can actually get a streak past 1 or 2 in the Super Single Battles. Did some more Ultra Warp Rides and, for whatever reason, I can't seem to get any UBs except Xurkitree. It's okay; I like the happy little hippie-dippy wire guy. But I'd kind of like some of the other UB's too.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Just finished the first trial and earned a Normalium Z. I think this was the most strategic battle I've worked on yet since I used my Zorua's Leer & Fake Tears to weaken Totem Raticate & then used Litten, Rockruf, & Mime Jr. to hammer away at it bit by bit. As of right now, my team's currently between levels 11-13. I still want to keep them under level 14 though so that Hala's Grand Trial isn't too easy. I'm also planning on limiting myself just three pokémon like Hala for the battle.

Team:
  • Mr. Whiskers (Litten)- level 13
  • Bagheera (Rockruff)- level 12
  • Todd (Zorua)- level 12 [keeping until I face Hala]
  • Flipsy (inkay)- level 12 [keeping until I face Hala]
  • Punchinello (Mime Jr.) level 13 [not evolving since I HATE Mr. Mime]
  • El Grapadura (Hawlucha)- level 11

Has anyone else noticed how freakin' easy it is to level up the Festival Plaza this time around?

I mean, it seems like it doesn't matter how many FC you get at any given time, it just levels up for sh*ts and giggles.
Probably because so many people complained about how bad it was to level up in the first Sun & Moon games, kind of like what happened with the SOS sysem

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
To end of Day 2, I have not gone any further in the story since my last post, but I did begin getting my Poke Pelago started nicely. I've developed the first stages of Isles Aplenny and Evelup. I've begun grinding out my Poje Finder and currently have 57K likes on my photos. Speaking of Photos, I have a cool photo made in the Photo Club that fellow Festival Plaza goers can now see. I'm actually very proud of it because it looks like everyone is dancing hard in it. I did two more Mantine Surfs on the first course and got around 25K on both runs. Did a few Wonder trades and raised my Plaza rank up to 59

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
well I'm ready to take on the elite 4.

I caught Lunala in a moonball and it was modest but it had HP steel and 31 attack so i decided to soft reset because I don't want either of those especially not together. I won't be going for HP type but I really don't want 31 attack. also it had 0 SpD so yea. but I don't think it will be hard to do it again because with rotom power I got it on my first try.

*edit*

well Iv's not great but it doesn't matter I might hyper train it.

Lunala

Moonball HP Dark Modest 7 / 15 / 31 / 1 / 31 / 31 so it's a 15 in attack which I will accept I'm not sure how necessary it is to have a 0 in attack in ubers or vgc anyway. not even sure if lunala is legal in vgc this year.

Last edited:

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
Current Team:

Zoroark: Level 37
Ampharos: level 37
Celebi (I got it from the gold and silver event): Level 37
Primarina: level 37
Archeops: level 38

Getting a Goodra because I promised myself I would use one. It's the only Psuedo legendary I haven't used.

Anyway, the obligitory team is out of the way. Recent Happenings time. I haven't actually gotten a good laugh out of pokemon games in a while. I cant remember off the top of my head when the last time I laughed at something that was supposed to be funny in these games. Well USUM got me. On route 14 there's a Totem Sticker that's surrounded by Murkrow. If you don't get the joke, look up it's pokedex entries. You'll get a chuckle out of it.

Edit: What would've made it funnier is if the Murkrow attacked you when you picked up the sticker. XD

Last edited:

JohnLynch

Continuing from my previous post.

I finished the Training School last night. Then today I went around during the day and went shopping, fought some more battles and found the bad guys of USUM: Team Skull. They're pretty goofy compared with Team Rocket from back in Kanto. I expected a double battle or two battles back to back. However the game is being really good and judicious with it's healing me all over the place. Even the battle against the Captain saw me refreshed before I fought her. I did a bit more trading this morning, as well as catching some rare Pokemon. I got me a Shiny Silvally from the Event (traded my PAL SM Shiny Silvally code for a redeemed Shiny Silvally). I tried getting the Pikachu QR event, but I need to wait until I get to the next island. I also got a Litten (on condition that I preference the Litten for my in game team, alas I'm not sure how long she'll last as she only has 3 typing combinations that she's uniquely effective against for my current party). I also got an Alolan Sandshrew. I didn't intend to have it be in my team, but the typing of Ice and Steel means that it is uniquely effective against 20 typing combinations with my current party configuration. So I will be using it after all and given it's Ice there's a good chance it will remain in my team for the rest of the game. This is the second time I have used a Sandshrew very recently. But with it being an Alolan variant, it is a completely different typing which is why I'm making an exception to my "not reusing the same Pokemon from generation to generation" rule.

After I finish exploring the motel I'll be heading to the ruins in preperation of my first Island Challenge.

Current Team
Rowlet Lvl. 15
Alolan Sandshrew Lvl. 1
Inkay Lvl. 14
Rockruff Lvl. 15
Litten Lvl. 15
Grubbin Lvl. 14

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Moon: Got the special Rockruff, and headed to the Trainers School. Did all the battles and stuff, although I lost against the teacher on my first try. Beat her on my second try, and then headed into Hao'uli. Got the Pokéfinder, and took some pictures to upgrade it to Ver. 2. Then went to update the player character's look a little bit. Met Ilima, and collected two Totem Stickers. May or may not try to get another Pokémon on my team before going further, like I did in Ultra Sun.

Current team:

Minami the Popplio - Level 11
Akira the Rockruff - Level 10

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I've now got my fourth Pokemon which is Cacnea. I decided to just breed it on Moon and transfer the egg over as it was far quicker than hatching each egg and trading it over to check the IVs. He's now fully EV trained so I'm going to spend some time levelling him up so he catches up with my other 3 Pokemon. He has a bit to go but the site of Lana's trial is good as there are a lot of Water types there, and Water Absorb works wonders for longer grinding. After he catches up I'll be heading up the Volcano to take Kiawe's trial.

Li_Syaoran

I have defeated Hala and now I am on Akala Island. I have come to Pikachu Valley and got my Ash-Hat Pikachu. But right now I'm at Melemele Island again to fix some things and also play a little more with Alola Photo Club.

Alola Photo Club is truly an underrated and overlooked feature. I think it's pretty fun. :)
But I do not see anyone talking about it. No one who likes it? :(

My team is:

Pikachu (I Choose You Cap)
Spearow
Raticate (Totem Size)
Gastly (Shiny)
Krabby (Shiny)
Totodile

My other Pokémon that I also use, but is now in the PC:
Torracat
Rockruff
Snorlax (Shiny)
Lapras (Shiny)

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Alola Photo Club is truly an underrated and overlooked feature. I think it's pretty fun. :)
But I do not see anyone talking about it. No one who likes it? :(

I can't use it yet, there was a Machamp in front of it that wouldn't let me through, I think I need to progress further through the story first.

slowdude

Made some progress in my US Nuzlocke. Three casualties so far a Drifblim, Makuhita and Mudbray. Other then that I've gotten some fairly good RNG such as getting a Hawlucha, Feebas and Cubone. Hawlucha is an absolute beast as it just tore apart Totem Araquanid and Lurantis with ease. Cubone handle Marowak and the Milotic finished off Sazzale. Man getting Flyinium-Z right after the first trial (the machamp push has been removed) made all the difference in the world especially with Hawlucha as its just so good early on.

Anyway the current team is

Nora the Milotic (23F)
Remoraid the unnamed (24M)
Tyvian the Dartrix (25M)
Ayad the Cubone (25M)
Eerand the Hawlucha (25M)
Sylens the Inkay (25M)
(I have Horizon ZD on my mind)

Inkay is turning out to be a disappointment, not sure why i was reading so much hype for Topsy-Turvy as it won't live a hit from half the totem's to pull it off.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Sun: I went into the cave and found Nebby. Met with the two Ultra Recon Squad members and fought against Dulse. Listened to the two of them for a bit, before bringing Nebby back to Lillie. Met up with Hau outside and had another battle against him. Kukui showed up and said I was probably ready to challenge Hala. Fought the remaining trainers on Route 3, and got the TM for Roost from that one guy who would only fight me after I'd battled against all the others on the route. I'll challenge Hala soon. I'm also thinking of adding another Pokémon to my team pretty soon.

Current team:

Strix the Dartrix - Level 18
Mariposa the Butterfree - Level 16
Yuzu the Rockruff - Level 15

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I completed Iki Town and the Pokémon school. Ihave added a few new members to my team including Zorua. Not the if he will make the cut for the elite team but we'll see.

I decided that I want a national dex as fast as possible and while I could transport it over, I want it to be done in these games.

Also managed to complete Ilimas trial and obtain Normalium-Z. Saved before setting off to find Lillie.

Team:
Rowlet level 16
Rockruff level 15
Zorua level14

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Moon: Gathered some more items and Totem Stickers in Hao'uli, before heading to where Hau was and challenging Team Skull. Beat the Team Skull grunt, and was approached by Ilima. Ilima challenged me to a battle, but I'll put it on hold for now until I've gotten a third Pokémon for my team.

Current team:

Minami the Popplio - Level 12
Akira the Rockruff - Level 10

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Decided to head to Iki Town and do the Grand Trial. My Dartrix managed to handle Hala's team mostly by himself. Defeating Hala, I cleared the Grand Trial and got the Fightinium Z crystal from Hala. I also got the Ride Pager, and gained the ability to ride on Tauros. Ilima showed up and suggested I stopped by the Alola Photo Club. With all of this done, I'll explore the parts of Melemele Island that are now accessible, before moving on to the next island.

Current team:

Strix the Dartrix - Level 19
Mariposa the Butterfree - Level 16
Yuzu the Rockruff - Level 16