• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

future.newyorker

Trying to find Growlithe in Route 2. Encounter rates blow in this game.

I managed to find three or four Growlithe’s before I ever found my first Cutiefly.

I’ve been delaying the inevitable Battle Royal Battle because I’m wanting to up my playtime. I’ve caught almost every single Pokémon available so far in the game. My PokéFinder is almost to Level 4.

ebevan91

I managed to find three or four Growlithe’s before I ever found my first Cutiefly.

I found a Butterfree on the first encounter at the Meadow but when I wanted a Pikipek it took forever to find one.

A 1% encounter vs. 20% or whatever Pikipek is.

Just became champion. Wasn't expecting to do it first try given how much trouble I have had up til now, but it somehow worked out. Can't say my bag didn't take a toll though since I ran through potions and revives like crazy. Glad it paid off.

First Alola league champion team:
Whiscash(lv55)
Alolan Muk(lv51)
Alolan Sandslash(lv50)
Primeape(lv49)
Ribombee(lv48)
Mantine(lv47)

xEryChan

Demon Child
I made my way to Memorial Hill so I could take on Olivia for the Grand Trial, where I met Faba. After beating a Team Skull, he told me to stop by Hano Beach Resort after I complete the Grand Trial. Before I could reach the Ruins of Life, I met Plumeria and she challenged me to battle and she was no problem at all. Gladio and Rainbow easily handled her Golbat and her Salandit. After she left, it was finally time for me to take on the Grand Trial.

I was kind of thrown for a look because her team was different than it was in SM. The only one she had before was her ace, Lycanroc. Still, I beat her with no problem. I received the Rockinum Z from Olivia.

Before heading to Hano Beach Resort, I breifly went back to Konikoni to look at the apparel shop before saving.

Current Team
Robin Hood (Dartrix)
Rocky (Lycanroc)
SoulSurfer (Pikachu)
Cha (Hawlucha)
Gladio (Espeon)
Rainbow (Milotic)

DarkerShining

Finally got the Pokémon Bank update! Haven't done anything with it yet, but I'll definitely be making good use of it sometime in the future.

Pokémon Ultra Moon: Explored more of Route 2, making a stop at the Big Wave Beach along the way. Saved the Mantine from Team Skull. Met Hau at the Pokémon Center, and unlocked the Roto Loto. While I wasn't as well-prepared as I was in Ultra Sun, I still decided to head into Verdant Cavern to attempt my first trial. Partway through, Team Skull showed up again. Had another battle with them, and afterwards, they unwittingly helped me corner the last of the Pokémon lurking in the cave. After taking down the Pokémon lurking in the cave, I decided to make a quick trip back to Hao'uil City to pick up something I'd forgotten to get before attempting the Totem Pokémon. Bought a few more items while I was at it, before heading back to confront the Totem Pokémon.

I decided to turn on my Exp. Share for this battle, so my other two Pokémon would get some of the experience as well, since I figured Minami (my Popplio) would be doing most of the work. Defeated the Raticate and completed my trial, earning my first Z-Crystal. On my way out of the cave, I met with the two members of the Ultra Recon Squad. The barricade blocking the path to Route 3 has been taken down, and Professor Kukui showed up to teach me how to use Z-Crystals in battle. After watching Kukui's demonstration, he asked me to help him look for Lillie.

Current team:

Minami the Popplio - Level 16
Akira the Rockruff - Level 12
Alpha the Magnemite - Level 12

slowdude

US - I just really wanted to finish so i turned xp share on and powered through the rest of the main story and the RR post game. Been going through ultra wormholes and found a shiny Stunfisk. Currently doing some SR's for a Shiny Zapdos till i get bored.

UM - Reached route 17 heading towards po town and Team Skull. Decided nuts to this nuzlocke i want a Bisharp so i caught a Bisharp, Nuzlocke is back on. Got through Po Town and survived Guzma's Masquerain without causalities. Defeated Nanu and stormed the Aether Paradise with A-Marowak, Hawlucha, Bisharp, Krookodile, Forretress and Toxapex. Managed to survive Guzma again thanks to Forretress and Toxapex stalling and the sneaky stealth rocks. Sadly Krookodile was not meant to be as it fell to the Ultra Recon Squad just by poison damage and misjudging how much damage it could do. Made up for it however as Forretress and Toxapex tore Lusamine apart, Bewear would have done in Toxapex but the timely switch to Bisharp saved it from the Zen Headbutt ko. Reaching Poni island I finished off the final mantine surf challenge and went and grabbed my Surfing Pikachu.

So my team on Poni island is currently

Ayad the level 45 a-Marowak
Nil the level 46 Toxapex
Iron God the level 45 Bisharp
Stephanie the level 46 Forretress
Erend the level 45 Hawlucha

I also am training Overlady the Gyarados, Surfing Raichu and Tyvian the Decidueye who are all level 40 to fill out the team and have several reserves in case the main team numbers fall.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Moon: Met with Lillie, and went into the cave near the Meadow to retrieve Nebby. While exploring the Meadow, my Popplio evolved. Met with and fought one of the Ultra Recon members. Brought Nebby back to Lillie, and then had another battle with Hau. Met with Kukui, and challenged the remainder of the trainers on Route 3 before going to battle against Hala. My Brionne managed to take down Hala's team, and I finished the Grand Trial, getting another Z-Crystal. Received the Ride Pager and got access to Tauros. Now going around Melemele Island to do some things before heading to Akala. Among other things, I went and got the Flying Z-Crystal, and met Kahili briefly, who showed off how to use the Flying Z-Move.

Current team:

Minami the Brionne - Level 19
Alpha the Magnemite - Level 15
Akira the Rockruff - Level 14

PkmnTrainerJ

Realised I didn't have Fire type or Flying type for Mallow's trial but managed to catch a female Sandalit on my first encounter with one, so I'll look to evolve that. Had to box away the gift Rockruff as it's level 24, and I have to wait until 5am as I am playing Ultra Moon to evolve it. Fortunately I am normally up and getting ready for work then.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
You know, this game did what previous games didn't make me do before.

I was looking forward to the Elite 4 and "Champion" battle surprising me.

Decidueye popping out before entering the Pokemon League, reminiscing about the long road it was... that mad this game worth it.

This is my final team, the team etched as the Champions team:
  • Decidueye (Innes)
  • Ribombee (Sevi)
  • Mawile (Kurry)
  • Octillery (Takumi)
  • Torkoal (Tobin)
  • Flygon (Izina)

...yes I got kinda uncreative with 3 of the 6 names above... I justify Octillery with having Sniper, Decidueye being a freaking Archer, and Torkoal... being kinda slow.

Unova Yorker

City Girl
I bought the game and then realized I was getting bored quickly because of how similar the beginning is. BUT, unlike before, I have unlimited resources in Moon. So I hatched a custom team for my playthrough of Pokemon I haven't trained competitively yet:

Squirtle (Modest), Swirlix (Adamant), Trapinch (Adament), Shiny Ponyta (Jolly), Rosealia (Timid), and Mareep (Modest).

It's making my playthrough much more fun, even though the selection of Pokemon is pretty cool in the beginning.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I took on the trial in Lush Jungle today and had absolutely no problems with it.

I lost about three times, just like before.

Damn Comfey kept healing Lurantis, and that stupid Solar Blade in the sunlight was driving me batty. I had to get my Haunter from Silver to take it down.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Moon: After doing everything I could think of, I headed over to the Alola Photo Club. Took a picture with my Brionne, and then met with Hau outside. Instead of going with Kukui and Lillie, we decided to Mantine Surf over to Akala Island. Learned how to Mantine Surf, and headed over to Akala Island. Met up with Kukui and Lillie after they arrived, and updated my player character's appearance a little at the clothing store.

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Made my way to the volcano, exploring the area and fighting the trainers I could find. Attempted to challenge Kiawe's trial, and managed to take down the first Marowak and Hiker David. However, the Totem Marowak ended up defeating my team. Did some more training against the wild Pokémon in the area, and since it was around 5:00 PM, my Rockruff evolved into Dusk Lycanroc. At Rotomdex's suggestion, I decided to take a picture with my newly evolved Dusk Lycanroc, figuring it would help increase her affection.

With her new strength, my Lycanroc managed to make quick work of the Salazzle summoned by the Marowak, and did good damage to the Marowak itself, but in the end, my Litleo was the one who delivered the final blow. Another trial cleared, I received the Fire Z-Crystal from Kiawe. I also finally had Charizard registered into my Ride Pager. Had one of the trial guides heal my Pokémon, and then headed back to Route 7. Met Mohn, who informed me I now had access to Poké Pelago, before I had girl in front of the tunnel take down the barricade that had been blocking the path. Headed into the tunnel, and met the Ultra Recon Squad members once again. Talked to them for a bit, before heading into Route 8.

Now that I have Charizard, I'll probably take a trip back to Melemele Island soon to pick up some things. I know there's at least one TM I forgot to pick up, so I'll be going back for that.

Current team:

Strix the Dartrix - Level 27
Yuzu the Lycanroc - Level 25
Kiara the Litleo - Level 24
Mariposa the Butterfree - Level 23

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Between Mantine Surfing and Pokemon Bank, I purchased all the power items for EV training and am hard at work preparing the Pokemon I plan to use for the rest of the story. Just finished up a Murkrow. I also finished upgrading Isle Evelup and am working on Aplenny now. I got my Plaza rank up to 113.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
I found my team for ultra sun. It is an all shiny all moonball team which I was pleasantly surprised I actually had exactly enough for. the shiny ponyta was not nickable so I decided no nicknames on the other 5.

here is my all shiny team for ultra sun. all are in moonballs because that's my favorite design and animation.

Ponyta (M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Flame Charge TM 43
- Overheat TM 50
- Hypnosis egg
- Return TM

Sandshrew (M)
Ability: Sand Veil
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab TM 84
- Return TM
- Earthquake TM 26
- X-Scissor Tm 81

Absol (F)
Ability: Pressure
Impish Nature
- Return TM
- Rock Slide 80
- Thunder Wave TM 73
- Foul Play Move tutor Utra moon

Lickitung (F)
Ability: Own Tempo
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch tutor UM
- Fire Punch Tutor UM
- Ice Punch Tutor UM
- Return TM

Natu (M)
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam TM 99
- Psychic TM 29
- Shadow Ball Tm 30
- Hidden Power TM

Seel (M)
Ability: Hydration
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf TM 94
- Ice Beam TM 13
- Hidden Power TM
- Toxic TM06

I will need to transfer them to TM them all and also I need to find some of the move tutors but I'm hoping this team will be as easy as Ultra moon was. although the IV's are not all competitive and I'm really regreting no suckerpunch on absol still the moves and type coverage seems pretty solid. Hoping there aren't any sweeping threats to my team but whatever this is my shiny moonball team.

In ultra moon I put up my shiny machoke for trade on the GTS in hopes to get the Ultra sun exclusive new ultra beast traded to me but if it doesn't work I can just catch it later and transfer through bank for shiny charm. Probably not many people have even caught it yet so I will probably have to do it myself for shiny charm.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Finally made it to Akala Island. And that Mantine Surf is really fun. It feels like it's really easy to farm BP now with it, I get like 9 BP each trip. Also spent some time playing Ghostbusters at the Trainer's School, a neat little addition. I'll have to go back to Melemele soon to finish up some things there. I still need to catch Noibat, a Cutiefly, a Cottonee, and explore Ten Carat Hill.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Finished Lana's trial. Evolved Rockruff to Lycanroc. Currently catching all Pokemon available in Brooklet Hill.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Well although I recently posted this deserves a separate post. At 4:42 central time US nov 21st I achieved my shiny charm in game for Ultra Moon with no hacks. just used my living dex and traded on GTS for the last three. I used spare shinies I didn't need for trade bait and I got all three Ultra beasts I needed within 24 hours.

When I have time later I'll read through the whole thread but this may be the first shiny charm report on serebii for Ultra S/M although I doubt I'm the first since bank came out on Sunday but possibly the first legit reported in this thread. I could be wrong though I don't have time to check now.

*edit*

according to Ctrl + F I'm the first reported :D

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Went around Melemele last night smashing rocks with Tauros. I visited Ten Carat Hill for the first time, which allowed me to obtain the Flyinium Z crystal. Other than that, Tauros helped me get a few other items scattered around the island.

Back in Hau'oli, I went to the Alola Photo Club. I took a picture with my Aipom, and had fun decorating it with stickers (that was definitely the best part). Afterwards, I returned to the Big Wave Beach and tried out the Mantine Surf game. I did okay, and received some BP. I was pretty bad at landing (fell so many times), but at least I managed to avoid all of the obstacles.

Finally, I reached Heahea City. After spending some time looking around, I went out to Route 4.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I did the bonus mission in Konikoni city involving the 5 Ditto disguised as humans, and completed it by catching all 5 of them, now I am taking a break before I beat curb-stomp Olivia's team