• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Moon: Made the journey to Poni Island with Lillie, and began looking for the Island Kahuna. Mina told us to look for Hapu, and so we headed to where she lives. Hapu explained that Poni Island currently didn't have a kahuna, but she believed she could help us and asked us to come the ruins. Hapu's grandmother spoke to us, and registered Machamp into my Ride Pager. Explored the area, before reaching the ruins. Lillie and I witnessed Hapu being chosen as the new kahuna. She then told us that we could find the other flute we needed on Exeggutor Island, so Mina helped us get a boat there. I headed to the island and helped the Exeggutor there by fighting off the Pinsir that were bothering them. As thanks, one of them helped me reach the Moon Flute.

Returned to Poni Island, and Lillie and I began heading for the altar to summon the legendary Pokémon. Before we could get any further, Team Skull stopped us and asked to battle me to see if we could really save Guzma. Plumeria eventually told them to knock it off, and gave me the Poison Z-Crystal as she asked us to save Guzma. We began heading into Vast Poni Canyon, but the Ultra Recon Squad showed up once more. I got into one more battle with Soliera, before they agreed to accept our help. Lillie and I continued heading further into the area, getting closer to the altar.

However, I think at this point, I'd like to add a sixth Pokémon to my team before moving forward.

Current team:

Minami the Primarina - Level 52
Spitfire the Rapidash - Level 49
Ruri the Staraptor - Level 48
Alpha the Magneton - Level 47
Yoru the Umbreon - Level 47

AmethystLeslie

In Ultra Moon, I'm working on completing the dex, so I'm leveling up whatever I have, that I brought from Moon. I honestly can't wait to start breeding, I brought over some mons from Bank just for cleanup breeding. I ended up with no space for actual breeding, so I decided who to put back in Bank (basically anyone with movesets like someone slapped TMs on it or clearly raised it to some oddly specific level), who to Wonder Trade (like some dupes I have or stuff I don't need for the process of cleanup breeding), and of course, who to keep. Got some stuff for the dex, some shinies, very few actually interesting mons in terms of breeding potential, but that's to be expected at launch era.

God, I have legendaries to get, and the Tapus have priority cuz I actually need them, and I want that Surfchu reward for Mantine Surfing, and then explore the rest of Alola in places I haven't looked at to get me the last 6 Totem Stickers, and then breed for the dex, and finally breed for fun.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Completed Ilima's trial and Hala's grand trial! Hala was more of a challenge than he was in SM, but that just makes battles more fun imo. Tried a round of Mantine Surfing at the game's insistence and ended up with around 2047 points. It was a fun imo, I could see myself enjoying this feature later on. Bought clothes after arriving at Heahea, then met Dexio and Sina. Caught a Mudbray and headed to Paniola Town.

First up was Lana's trial. Araquanid was actually easier compared to Wishiwashi, though still posed a challenge imo. Marowak was OHKO'd by Brionne's Hydro Vortex, making it my easiest Totem battle so far. Lurantis wasn't as difficult as in SM thanks to my Fletchinder.

I've just arrived at Konikoni city. I figured I might as well explore a bit and grind before taking on Olivia.

Current Team:
  • Brionne (Aoi) lv.27
  • Charjabug (Railgun) lv.27
  • Honedge (Excalibur) lv.27
  • Mudbray (Gaia) lv.27
  • Fletchinder (Charlotte) lv.27

Aquarelle

Staff member
Last night, I went to Hano Beach. I battled all of the Swimmers and did the Pyukumuku chucking for some money.
After that, I headed into the Hano Grand Resort. I talked to several NPCs and had a few more trainer battles. Once that was done, I talked to Faba to go to Aether Paradise.

Over at Aether Paradise, I walked around and checked out as much of the place as I possibly could. I met Wicke and Lusamine, plus fought the Nihilego. My Torracat was at the front of my party and wasn't that useful against Nihilego, so I switched to Lapras and KOed it with Hydro Vortex.

Finally, I sailed to Malie City on Ula'ula Island.

I decided I was going to relax tonight and spend some time playing since college and work have been crazy lately. I immediately headed to Po Town and conquered it, earning Nanu's approval. I then learned of Lillie's disappearance, but before I could leave Nanu challenged me and I earned the Darkinium Z, completing Ula'ula's Grand Trial. I gained a lot of experience busting through Aether Paradise, knocking back the Aether Foundation, Team Skull, and the Ultra Recon Squad. Nebby evolved into Cosmoem, and Lusamine and Guzma go through the Ultra Wormhole. Lillie transformed, and it's off to Poni Island! I'm up to 90 or 91 Totem Stickers after nabbing some of the ones around Seafolk Village. I received Aloraichium Z from the Steelix boat and bought all of the TMs bar Hyper Beam and Giga Impact from the TM shop in the Pokemon Center. Mina introduced herself, and I'm now ready to venture into Poni Island and find Hapu.

Houndoom (50)
Dusk Lycanroc (50)
Wigglytuff (51)
Araquanid (50)
Pom-Pom Oricorio (51)
Hawlucha (52)

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I caught all of the legendary Pokemon in Ultra Sun minus those that require having both versions exclusives to get, as well as every UB at least once (not counting Stakataka).

Currently taking on Team Rainbow Rocket, I defeated Archie already, thankfully my Pokemon are all in their 80s

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I found a shiny Magcargo through the ultra wormhole. That was pretty insane, I haven't encountered wild shinies since a lone Ditto while SOS chaining in Sun (which I couldn't catch), and before that the Red Gyarados in Crystal, and I've never ever managed to hatch a shiny. And I don't even have a shiny charm. And then I found out that apparently shinies are very common in ultra space, so so much for that. Also managed to catch a Quiet Cresselia, a Jolly Ho-Oh, and a Timid Azelf. Then went to the league and completely destroyed it with ease. Seriously, despite the E4 being a bit stronger than in Sun, with the longer Victory Road and the whole Necrozma thing also adding more levelling the league felt incredibly underpowered. My team was like level 66 and the league was around level 60. I mean really? E4 members were barely stronger than the trainers in Victory Road.

I think overall the level growth in this game is simply too slow, when using only 6 pokémon I feel constantly overlevelled and I don't encounter a single challenging fight. League should've been like 10 levels higher.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Sun: At last, it is time to challenge the Pokémon League. I decided to start with Molayne, and managed to take down his team without too many problems. Next, I battled against Olivia, and managed to defeat her. I then moved on to Acerola, whose Pallossand gave me a bit of trouble. However, I still managed to win. Finally, I challenged Kahili. I had some difficulties with this one, but I still won. With all four battles out of the way, I healed up my team once more before heading to the final teleport panel. Kukui came to greet me as I sat down in the champion's chair, and told me there was still one more challenge I had to face. As it turned out, I still had to battle against Hau before becoming the Champion. He put up a good fight, but in the end, my team claimed the victory.

Even though he lost, Hau was pleased with our battle. I had now become the Champion of the Alola Pokémon League.

My team:

Strix the Dartrix - Level 66
Yuzu the Lycanroc - Level 61
Mariposa the Butterfree - Level 61
Kiara the Pyroar - Level 62
Stella the Starmie - Level 61
Auriel the Lucario - Level 62

After becoming the Champion, the Elite Four members came to greet me. Hau told us there'd be a party for the winner, and so we headed back to Melemele Island for a festival in Iki Town. Cue the credits.

Update: After everything that had happened, I returned home. The Ultra Recon Squad informed me that Ultra Beasts had appeared in Alola, and Hau and I decided to go deal with them. I got myself a Type: Null from Wicke, and captured the two Blacephalon. Afterwards, Sophocles came to my house and informed me that something had happened at the Festival Plaza. We went there to investigate, and found that it had been taken over by Team Rocket. Using the Battle Agency's Pokémon, we were able to drive them off. I later saw something happen at the Aether Paradise on the news. Lillie decided to go investigate, but before that, I have something else I wanted to do. I made my way towards the Battle Tree, avoiding as many trainer fights as possible for now. Met Looker and Anabel along the way, who told us they'd be heading to the Battle Tree as well.

I finally made it to the Battle Tree, and had a battle against Red. After that, I had the "Judge" function added to my PC boxes.

Last edited:

Kyuu-Tales

織田信長☆FAN
Ultra Sun - Made it to Ula'ula and by golly did Totem Togedemaru give me a run for my money! I had to keep healing my Bewear, and I was really close to running out of healing items. Beat Guzma, but he put up a notably good fight.

Partita the Decidueye
Sirius the Dusk Form Lycanroc
Xiaoling the Bewear
Shaina the Arbok
Hui the Zoroark
Ragno the Araquanid

Ultra Moon - The Totem Togedemaru fight was still hard, but not as difficult as the one in US. I have my Malamar's Topsy-Turvy and Ampharos's Brick Break to thank for that. I found the Guzma battle easier, too.

Seraphina the Primarina
Asterion the Dusk Form Lycanroc
Katya the Tsareena
Avenir the Ampharos
Arne the Lopunny
Isaak the Malamar

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Spent some more time playing around in the Ultra Wormholes. So far I've found Ho-Oh, Articuno, Groudon, Azelf, Heatran, Virizion, and Cresselia, as well as a shiny Magcargo and shiny Floatzel. The shiny rates appear to be absolutely ridiculous in Ultra Space, from never encountering shinies like, ever, to encountering two in two days is ridiculous, and I don't even have the shiny charm in Ultra Sun. I've also noticed that the Roto catch boost really boosts that catch rate. If I get the legendary to the red health and paralyse it I generally catch it like 50% of the time with an Ultra Ball. Normally that's like a 1 in 15 chance at that situation, it feels like Roto catch buffs the catch probability like x8 or so.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Started off today with Olivia's Grand Trial. Her Lileep was the most difficult part because I didn't have any Steel moves. Hau and I were then invited to Aether Paradise where Nihilego appeared and was promptly defeated by Gaia. She evolved afterwards, so that was neat.
We then met up with Professor Kukui at Malie Garden. Tbh I just rushed through this part because I wanted to capture a Pancham as soon as possible. Lillie and I met Acerola at the library, and some lore happened.
The Charjabug puzzle was actually very easy imo. Togedemaru was burnt and quickly fainted, unlike Skarmory who was such a pain. I returned to the garden, fought Guzma, then headed to Blush Mountain so I could evolve Railgun. Hapu also gave me the Mudsdale Pokéride. It was a nice gesture, but why can't I just use mine?
Totem Mimikyu was easier by comparison. I really love the Ghost Trial's atmosphere - it's definitely my favourite Trial because of how eerie the entire site is. I'll be holding off Po Town to work on my Pokédex; I've been catching things as I go, but I'd really like to reach 25% before the climax.

Current Team:
  • Primarina (Aoi) lv.36
  • Vikavolt (Railgun) lv.36
  • Doublade (Excalibur) lv.36
  • Mudsdale (Gaia) lv.36
  • Talonflame (Charlotte) lv.36
  • Pangoro (Bancho) lv.36

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Just started my Ultra Sun game and chose the female character naming her Veronica. Made a change to my initial team plan by picking Rowlet only having to perform one SR since the first instance ended up with it getting a no so desirable nature (Calm). Currently progressing through the starting parts of the game before I can get to the Pokémon Centre to transfer over the Gible I bred in Pokémon Moon catching myself a Grubbin, Ledyba and Pichu.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Decided to do a Title Defense today, since Lusamine shows up on the first of the month, apparently. Used my Rainbow Rocket team of Octavio (Primarina), Megatron (Metagross), Mothra (Volcarona), Faraday (Ampharos), Buddy (Silvally), and Necrodeus (Dawn Wings). For whatever reason, I had fangirls waiting for me after leaving the League. They gave me Sweet Hearts. I... really don't know why that happened. I'm curious if you gain more fans as you do this, akin to the Contest Spectaculars in ORAS. I'll need to experiment.

slowdude

Well that happened in my UM. Started SR'ing for a shiny Kyogre and what would you know full odds after about 4 hours. After spending a while looking for Celesteela twice it too only took about two hours to shine. So my full odds game is just handing me these shiny's mean while in US i still don't have my bloody shiny Groudon despite using shiny charm for the past 3k+ sr's, US come on.

While taking a break from the SR grind i finally managed to get over 140k points in mantine surfing for that sweet 50 bp. Need to master it as this is just such a fun way to get large stacks of BP where you won't get screwed over by cheaty AI most of the time unless it just starts spamming tentacool and sharpedo but thats rare.

I had a little spare time before work this morning and continued onto Poni Island. I battled everyone on the Route, which allowed me to battle the route trainer with her 4 Oricorio who gave me a Focus Sash upon defeating her. I advanced and met Hapu's grandmother, who gave me the access to Machamp on my Ride Pager. I immediately flew back to Akala because I remembered the last Totem Sticker I needed on that island needed Machamp to access it. I then flew back to Poni Island and made my way to the island's ruins per Hapu's request. I saved before entering. I'm up to 97 Totem Stickers.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Is it bad of me to say I am genuinely afraid of Nihilego?

I just got to Ultra Deep Sea, and as I saw multiple Nihilego floating around above me, I got scared as ****. Even worse, you have to sit down and wait for one to float down to you like it did with Lusamine. As soon as I caught one, I hightailed it the hell out of there. lol

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Currently, at Poni Plains. Have just completed the Team Rainbow Rocket episode and scanning through the Poni Island with Stoutland to make sure I find all the hidden items. Heading towards the Battle Tree and get myself a Loppunite, and planning to go Resolution Cave to capture Zygarde afterwards. Have spent 74:50 hours until the completion of the main game and it totally worth it.

So far;

zJkNY9.png
— Aria, Lv. 67.
1GWRDG.png
— Astrid, Lv. 67.
;196; — Athena, Lv. 67.
MaGjg2.png
— Sadie (Shiny), Lv. 67.
XE1Zqj.png
— Diana, Lv. 67.
d7d9Zr.png
— Zelda, Lv. 67.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Well, I brought a team over from my Sun version and have attached their proper Hold Items to five of them, thanks to Pokémon Bank providing me with about 750 BP. The last one needs to be found extremely far into the post-game, and I'll be tackling that.

Also, I ate a Malasada. As in for real, as this place near where I filled my car up for fuel was selling boxes of 10 Malasadas for $3.75.

DarkerShining

Pokémon Ultra Moon: Been training up my newest team member, a Petilil. Also wondering if I should just go ahead and evolve my Magneton, since there are no changes in moveset after it evolves. Basically just making preparations to continue with the story.

Pokémon Ultra Sun: Went through the single battles in the Battle Tree, opening up Super Single Battles, and earning myself enough BP for a Power Lens, a Power Bracer and a Power Anklet. Using those, along with some of the EV reducing berries I've spent the last few days building up a good supply of, I've began adjusting the EVs of my main team. So far, I've managed to adjust the EVs of my Decidueye and my Butterfree to my liking, and I'll soon do the same for the other four members of my team.

Drummerdude

I ended up catching a Sturdy Magnemite and taught it Thunder Wave in order to have a chance at beating Necrozma. Once I won I returned to Seafolk Village and completed Mina's trial which I enjoyed because I got to reexplore the region a bit and see the other Captains again. After beating the Totem Ribombee with Lycanroc and Turtonator I returned to Exeggutor Island where Primarina and Tsareena took out Hapu's team with ease. I climbed Mt Lanakila and arrived at the Pokemon League. After a nice cutscene I bought some healing items and headed inside.

I'm too lazy to go into detail of every battle but the far left was the most difficult for me. Every Pokemon helped out in some way which was nice. Turtonator's Shell Trap was so clutch in a number of battles which was interesting because I had only used it once prior to the Elite 4. After the 4 were defeated I became the champion and even won one last battle which was easier than expected. I watched the credits roll and took a break.

730.png
Lv.56
745-d.png
Lv.55
763.png
Lv.56
715.png
Lv.55
770.png
Lv.56
776.png
Lv.55